FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Forres Mechanics v. Inverness Caley Thistle

Sneckboy

They must have been getting mixed up with the forthcoming friendly at Clach! It's definitely at Mosset Park tonight. The Courier will feel a bit foolish if 2000 ICT fans turn up in droves in Merkinch. But the Nip Inn would be pleased!

• Agree 1

Official ICTFC @ICTFC 6m

Esson Cooper Shinnie Watkins Warren Devine Mckay Polworth Foran Greenhalgh Ross

Brill Meekings Draper Pepper Christie Gorman Ferguson Evans

Kick Off..............

Forres the first to test, Esson saves at near post, but concedes the corner.

More pressure from ICT, but Forres getting men behind the ball and making it tough to find a way through.

Greenhalgh rockets a shot narrowly over the bar....and me....reckon that would have stung!

Forres miss a great opportunity...open net and somehow fail to stick it away

Nick Ross attempts to lob the keeper at the edge of the box, but puts about a yard too much weight on it.

GOALLLLL....Billy Mckay .....Ball played through the middle to Mckay who rounded the keeper and stuck it in the corner., 30mins.

Billy McKay!!! He scored when he wants!, 2-0 now

And again..........McKay hat-trick............HT 3-0

Ryan Christie makes his way on for Nick Ross

Fantastic save by Brill who stands strong when facing a one on one.

Powerful shot by Evans....looked close from this end of the park.

Billy Mckay being taken off and replaced by Ferguson.......................................thankfully!

FT Forres 0-3 Billy McKay

Clach 0-5 County

Just in.  Very impressed with Watkins before he got injured, while Greenhalgh also impressed at times with his skill and ability to beat a man (or at times more!), but needs to work a bit more on his final ball.  Ryan Christie seems a decent ball player as well, while Evans can fairly move.

Edited by Renegade

Good tweeting on the ICT official site kept me up to date thanks, looking forward to the other comments as they come in, sounded as if Forres played some spoiling tactics in the second half. Did ICT control their tempers ? did they ' keep their heids ' or did frustrations show ? 

Sounded as if our new keeper is going to be useful.

Where is Raven and Williams ? and were tonight's injuries serious? or just knocks of little consequence ?

Guest Mahonio

Any guys who were at tonights game, any chance of letting me ken how new guys got on, please :).

Also, anyone willing to text me updates for our next friendly matches, if so, PM me and i'll PM you my number ;).

Was nice to see the team in action after a fair amount of time. 

Agreed with comments about Greenhalgh and Watkins, both gave very encouraging performances, was a pity that Watkins got injured as he was just starting to grow into the game. Polworth showed flashes of quality tonight too, his turn and through ball to McKay for his first goal was top class. Have to say Billy looked as composed as ive ever seen him in one on one situations. Rounded the keeper twice for his 1st and 3rd goals and curled a neat shot into the bottom corner for his 2nd. 

2nd half we kept the ball well enough and probably should have added another couple but our finishing was wasteful. Brill played 2nd half and made a good save one on one with a Forres player. His punching looked a bit suspect at times but he does seem a capable player.

Re: Forres tactics. They are a physical side who were off the pace of ICT, had chased all of the game and the three poorest challenges were as a result of going in late in the 2nd half when they were fecked. No great complaints (or punches!) from our side.

Another solid display, things are looking good for this time of year so Elgin on Saturday could be fun.

The boys played extremely well against Keith - lovely flowing football, a joy to watch. Not so good against Forres.  Maybe partly due to the brutal challenges Forres resorted to, particularly in the 2nd half. Encouraging performances from the younger players - Cooper, Gorman, Christie and Ferguson. Bodes well for the future.

Just watched the vid of Forres match, Impressive running, passing and positioning plus well taken goals.

Opposition looked in comparison as if they were wearing leaden boots.

Elgin game will tell us a bit more, though so far things are lookin good.  :ictscarf: