FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- St Mirren

Scotty

Same old slow start to the season, same old ability of Doran to miss when it appears easier to score, same old poor crowd. Thank goodness two out of three only lasted 45 minutes.  :smile:

same old positivity 

Same old inability to recognise irony. 

• Agree 1

Same old slow start to the season, same old ability of Doran to miss when it appears easier to score, same old poor crowd. Thank goodness two out of three only lasted 45 minutes.  :smile:

same old positivity 

Same old inability to recognise irony. 

ok, i missed that but only because the points about Doran and the crowd I have heard from people before, during and after the game had finished.

I could only find one real reference to this match and that was an official report online. All the other reports were about either Celtic or Aberdeen. Not to mention the total lack of access to any live reporting for overseas listeners being no surprise.

Or about the Rangers, who lost to lowly Forfar Athletic. What on earth has gone wrong at Ibrox---far too much squabbling about who should manage or direct this shadow of the former glorious team of the past, methinks? Imagine...out of the league cup already??

About the Dons : sorry, but the news is that Willie Miller has signed with the Whitecaps until the end of the season. At over one million dollars that is some contract he has netted. Good luck to him;   he has come alive this season  and has given this team a real jolt of electricity with his acumen and scoring ability. Good captain  too.

Referring to C B's good interview with Danny Lennon, I assume that the latter was referring to the fact that the defender could not get out of the way of the free kick that led to the penalty. I'm on record here in the past as decrying all penalty kicks because I think they almost always give an unfair advantage to the  team who gets it. What is wrong with a free kick instead? Goalmouth scrambles are far superior to viewers than a completely un-opposed free kick that inmost cases is a cert. It's unfair and should be du=one away with completely.

Great win today though. Danny Lennon did sound a tad disappointed and He said that he had weighed up the Caley team and tactics beforehand and had decided how to match them but, unfortunately for his ambitions, , maybe he did not have the firepower to come up to the speed he wanted.

Looking forward to viewing the highlights... :clapoverhead:

As for Vincent he seems to have some "bottle"about him and a determination to be successful, so all power to him. Could turn out to be a skillful and very successful player for us.

1. 1632: 
    BBC Sportsound's Charles Bannerman at the Caledonian Stadium

"Only the Inverness fans could be this quiet with their team three goals up on day one!" Come on Caley Thistle fans, let's hear you give us a cheer through the radio!

note to Mr Bannerman .... to hear any cheer through the radio you would need to be covering the game more than once every 25 minutes or so ! New league, same ****** coverage. and - it would appear - MFR have abandoned coverage too ?

And it continues. Currently on the BBC Scotland football page, the lead 3 stories are about the games involving the teams in joint second place in the league, and the League Cup game where one League One team beat another in extra time. The report on the game involving the current leaders of the top tier is just in the list of other headlines.

Great second half. We could have won 5-0. All the players stepped up after half time with first class performances from Vincent and Foran.

Apparently there was a communications failure with most media forms. I couldn't get up to date info on my phone after half time. With 5 minutes to go Skysports was still showing 0-0 in our game.

Guest Mahonio

I have sky sports' text updates, they had RYAN  ESSON as an outfield player and i'm still waiting for texts from the 3 goals, in fact, i had to look about THREE times to check if i was seeing our score right when Sportscene came on.

Might go back to The Sun's text alerts if i don't get an improvement anytime soon.

Sky had Queen of the South winning 6 - 0, with one player scoring all SIX. He did get a hattrick, but they put him down for two each time he scored!

Cracking start to the season, couldnt have been better. Can see us getting more than two minutes on Sportscene tonight, we might even get a big 5 minutes, as it will all be about Celtic lack of scoring power, Elfsborg midweek, Aberdeen re-emergance, Hearts prospects and Hibs disaster/recovery.

Top of the League, looking forward to downing the Arabs next week.

And hey folks, dont knock Foran, we play better with him in the team, even if he doesnt have a great game he sparks the others. We need his aggresive style, his shouting and barracking others. He is a real Captain imo

• Agree 4

Sky had Queen of the South winning 6 - 0, with one player scoring all SIX. He did get a hattrick, but they put him down for two each time he scored!

Cracking start to the season, couldnt have been better. Can see us getting more than two minutes on Sportscene tonight, we might even get a big 5 minutes, as it will all be about Celtic lack of scoring power, Elfsborg midweek, Aberdeen re-emergance, Hearts prospects and Hibs disaster/recovery.

Top of the League, looking forward to downing the Arabs next week.

And hey folks, dont knock Foran, we play better with him in the team, even if he doesnt have a great game he sparks the others. We need his aggresive style, his shouting and barracking others. He is a real Captain imo

bbc had him scoring 6 too

Was the attendance of 3215 more or less than everyone expected. How many were St Mirren fans. I know Belladrum was on, but not great numbers for opening fixture at home. I hope the result encourages more to home games. Nevertheless what a start to the season. Very proud of the team.

I'm sure the Belladrum festival would have had a small effect. I know 4 folk who attended the concert who would normally have gone to the game!

But in all seriousness, I think we can all bang-on about our attendances all day, I just feel that we've pretty much got what we've got. The average attendance has plateaued at around 4,000 - 4,500. It's unrealistic to expect it to increase  - it would have happened by now. I blame the ground's location and the merger refusniks! :blush:

I still believe that until we get proper and consistent coverage from the Media we will not increase the attendance factor.

We are still portrayed as a second class outfit by the would be pundits and producers on BBC radio and television. When we do get a mention it all sounds so patronising and tongue in cheek then goes on to laud Celtic, Aberdeen and that other club in the lower leagues. It is so unfair on our management team and players, they deserve so much better.

How jealous they are of the Highlands, they cannot accept that with such a low population that we can have the people to develop such outstanding football nounce.

The sooner BBC find replacements for the current biased commentators and producers the sooner the crowds will come in

I know we currently do not have the Audience comparable to the afore mentioned and that is always what is thrown back in your face should you question their motives but any product given blanket coverage on air and screen will gain the attention of the masses and subsequently become a best seller. This could be short lived or a huge success depending on the product.

Currently we have the best product and the people to sustain its consistency.

So so come on Media give us our fair share at least.

The continuing apathy of the Inverness footballing public is both surprising and disappointing but I really don't think it is the fault of the media.

There will not be a soul in Inverness who doesn't know that we boast a top flight football team. Almost all will have an idea from the media that we have been relatively successful of late yet still they can't be bothered to come along in any numbers.

• Agree 4

Watched the highlights on 3G in holland! (Feck my phone bill) Vincent's showed great composure on the pen. A bit of a dubious it must be said but i ain't complaining. Looks like we pushed on from then. Doran looking a threat and billy scoring a cheeky back flick type header. Great to see the team looking so confident from day 1 when it usually takes us a while to find our feet.

• Agree 1

As has been predicted, the league leaders get less than 2 minutes of highlights on Sportscene. I had to laugh at the little banner across the screen in the further 2 minutes of talk about St Mirren stating that longer highlights were available online. Well they could hardly be shorter.

Next stop, Tannadice where DU are in for a shock. ICT will turn up there full of confidence and once we get that first goal, there's no looking back from then on, just like after Vincent scored on Saturday. They say Most teams are at their most vunarable once they've just scored, but not ICTFC! We are just the opposite, score and score again and score again. Easy win IMO:D

Sportscene is bollocks and has been for ages. Watch the highlights on YouTube.

I do watch them on YouTube, (the sitename that was an insult when I was younger), but the point is the national highlights and discussion show seems to want to gloss over the game, the highest scoring by a single team. I know it is to be expected, but that doesn't mean we should be happy about it.