FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hibs game - change of date?

DJS

Guest PaulieBee

So that makes it two consecutive home games on a Sunday.

What are we all going to do with our Saturday afternoons now.  :004:

Whilst it is true to say the statement from the SPL said that "the clubs agreed" to the fixture change, I don't think there was much in the way of choice in the matter as its a well established rule that clubs have the right to 3 days between games. (They dont always use that right - for example over Xmas and New Year) but they do have the right.

Hibs are playing live on Setanta on the Monday so cant be forced to play Wednesday in the replay, so that then becomes Thursday, and consequently they cant be forced to play Saturday in the league so our game becomes Sunday ..... a bit like teams playing in Europe on Thursdays (when we are still in those comps) usually moving their fixtures to the Sundays.

It appears from the Motherwell scenario that we were under no obligation to agree to a move to the sunday. I think that the three day rule is only hard and fast i relation to european matches played midweek.

Have we been naive in not seeking to take maximum advantage of the situation like Motherwell have done by forcing Hibsto play 44 hours after what may be a taxing and tiring cup replay ?

For what it's worth, my own view is that ICT have done the proper and decent thing by agreeing to the delay. Hopefully, one day we will be in a similar position nd our decency will be reciprocated.

Ican't see Aberdeen being very accommodating the next time Motherwell are looking for a favour from them.

So that makes it two consecutive home games on a Sunday.

What are we all going to do with our Saturday afternoons now.  :004:

On the 27th Dundee are playing in Dingwall, could we maybe lend our support.  Heilandee comes along to our games, maybe we should return the favour and bolster the Dundee support - anyone up for it??

On the 27th Dundee are playing in Dingwall, could we maybe lend our support.  Heilandee comes along to our games, maybe we should return the favour and bolster the Dundee support - anyone up for it??

I'll be up for that..... presumably H/Dee will be paying for the pre-match drinks.....!!

:003: :004: :005:

20/1/07   Clach are at home to Inverurie Locos - might be worth a look also.  :003:

I really enjoy the Clach v Locos games. Looks like the jaggies resurrected, a trip back through time .......... ah the memories.  :001:

A bit peed off with the change, as I'm working on the sunday and I will have to rush off to work straight after the game. No chance to celebrate what I hope will be a positive result.  :004: