FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Warning to owner of a carpark near stadium

12th Man

If you dont want cars to park in your car park then keep your gates locked at all times.

Whether you own the car park or not, It is illegal to impound a vehicle, if you impound a vehicle or in this case several vehicles you are breaking the law, be warned.

Edited by 12th Man

I think I might buy the Highland News for a change this week.  I'm sure they will have something to say.

I would have thought it was entirely reasonable for private owners of property to close off access to their property when they no longer require the access themselves.  I know that at other times when their staff have required access they have found it difficult to park because of football fans parking there.  If you park on private property when you have no business with the owners of that property then you do so at your own risk.  If they then lock their property when they leave and your car happens to be in there then that's just too bad. 

If people want to use a car park close to the ground they can always use the club car park.  Not only will the gates be open at the end of the match, the parking charge will make a welcome contribution to the club's coffers.  But make sure you bring your wellies.

• Agree 3

Are you actually impounding a vehicle by simply shutting the gates - especially if their is a  warning notice ?

Warning notice or not, simply closing the gates to your private property is not illegal. Clamping or the like would be a different matter altogether.

I'd imagine there's a few people who only buy the paper for the football report. Esp on a Tuesday when the paper is so thin it's not even big enough to light a fire Maybe we could all save the £1.80 per week And park in the car park over the year we would all save some money the club would benefit and the courier would be happy There are plenty other avenues to get our local sports news from in this day and age. #carparkgate

There was no way out over the grass due to the large boulders placed round the perimeter. After about 10 mins the gates somehow got opened, all I heard was that"someone opened them", not sure if it was security or a fan forced it or what.

It was just badness locking the gates at that time, people using it were obviously going to be gone in a couple of hours and were certainly not depriving staff of their space or causing any harm whatsoever.

I have parked at stadium on numerous occasions but getting out is a complete farce. One of the times when we played Aberdeen we decided to go into the bar for half an hour for the car park to empty. We came out and it still took 20 mins to get out. No wonder some people leave early. Can't blame them at all It's not even as if our crowds are that big.

There was no way out over the grass due to the large boulders placed round the perimeter. After about 10 mins the gates somehow got opened, all I heard was that"someone opened them", not sure if it was security or a fan forced it or what.

It was just badness locking the gates at that time, people using it were obviously going to be gone in a couple of hours and were certainly not depriving staff of their space or causing any harm whatsoever.

Someone managed to open the gate. It was a punter in the car park I think? Maybe an employees tho?

Wasn't shut in at courier but I have to say the car park at stadium was like a ploughed field last night. £3 goes towards the stewarding of car park I understand. I park on the street beside the courier personally.

I'll check, but I actually think the money/profit from the car parks may go into the ICTFC Community Development Charity.

In regards to parking at New Century House.  You parked somewhere you shouldn't have and someone decided to get a bit of payback...shit happens, get over it.

• Agree 1

Car park money will be pooled with gate reciepts and other generated cash. Matchday expenses will then be paid and whats left goes in the bank. If we assume that 500 cars are parked of a typical matchday then £1500 is generated. Stewarding for carpark alone is probably around £15 an hour per person. Say six stewards for four hours. £360. The rest to club. All guesstimates.