FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New keeper - who do we go for?

Yngwie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we do need another keeper with some experience, I totally believe michael fraser should get his chance but with mb out of it he still needs an experienced head for the odd bit of advice etc as he is bound to make some mistakes. he has the potential to go really far in the game as whenever ive seen him he has done really well  :021: I agree that we need a forward and defender as i dont think caff will ever have the physical presence required for the spl

I'm surer they could register him as a player just in case, but I do think we need to have another capable keeper on our books.  I would be really happy for Mike Fraser to hold on to the no.1 spot, but we do need back up.

We definitely need another Keeper, with Dods offski too, we need someone who will be vocal

and command the defence. 

Fraser is quite vocal, if we are getting another keeper it should be as cover.  Ikee deserves his chance but I think having a player with experience to challenge him for a place would be beneficial.  I think Ludovic Roy could be that player, he has experience in the SPL, he wouldn't demand that much of a transfer fee and I've always been quite impressed with him when ever I have watched.

I hear Tony Bullock is looking for a move . . . . . !

:003:

But seriously though, what about Barry John Corr - QOS keeper, ex-Celtic and greatly under-rated.

Not very happy at QOS, apparently, and a useful back-up to Mike Fraser.

WHAT

We do need a keeper, thats for sure. Good as Mike has shown himself to be, we need another keeper of similar stature to keep him on his toes. From what I read from CC's comments, Mike will be given his chance, if he is not up to it, then the other keeper will become the number one, the ball is in Mike's court.

I believe he has the ability to become a stalwart for ICT, but does CC have the time to bed him in? that is the question.

First of Johnathan is out on loan till end of season so hes counted out for cover. We need a reserve keeper before our next game in case of injury, though I seem to recall Gollie once pulling on the jersey once.

It may be that Sheffield could loan us someone. Cant see us getting Paddy Kenny but their third choice keeper would be a good prospect until such time as we could find someone permanent. He is Paul Gerrard 34yrs old, 6' 2" 13 stone and spent 8 years at Everton. SU also have a 19 year old as their No4 keeper. Same size and build as Gerrard but hasn't featured in a game so far.

We need immediate cover but I dont think we should rush after the first person that comes along. Take some time and find someone decent.

Paul Gerrard has played the last 3 games for SU because Kenny is out for several weeks with a groin strain and he's looked pretty poor

Are you sure Smith can't be recalled from loan - surely we have reasonable circomstances to bring him back??

Paul Gerrard has played the last 3 games for SU because Kenny is out for several weeks with a groin strain and he's looked pretty poor

Got in there before me

Gerrard is 2nd choice... Jagielka is 3rd choice, anyone else see that game against Arsenal.... t'was quality! :003:

I never thought of this but Samson from County is a Scotland U21 and is rated quite highly (although when I saw him play he was gash) and knowing our usual scouting ring I doubt CC will look past an exellent young prospect that is sitting across the bridge ready to be plucked from the shanty town

I never thought of this but Samson from County is a Scotland U21 and is rated quite highly (although when I saw him play he was gash) and knowing our usual scouting ring I doubt CC will look past an exellent young prospect that is sitting across the bridge ready to be plucked from the shanty town

He is shockingly bad and has NO control of his box. He would be a disasterous signing for us.

Guest Outsider

how about Ryan Esson? Can't imagine Shrewsbury is the epicentre of the footballing universe and he might be happy to come back north.

This is not a bad call - he is not first choice at the moment due to just coming back from injury (Fractured cheek).

He  didn't have the best of starts (or in my opinion the worst) down there - he was dropped and then injured and a loan keeper (Shearer) is now the 1st choice. The fans want  Shearer to stay for the season and by loaning Esson out this would give him a chance to play 1st team football in a league he knows while freeing up some funds for STFC to carry on paying Shearers wages.

Shrewsbury may not be the biggest name in football but the town is fantastic, close to Chester and Liverpool. They also have a young side, have attendances between 3500 - 6000 and pay good wages. They should reach the play offs if their good run continues. If Ryan wants to play for a bigger team down south then a move to a team like Shrewsbury was a good move (The last Shrewsbury GK was sold to Man city for over 1 million and is rated higher than Kasper Schmeichel,)

Guest Outsider

If you want a big name then look no further than:

Dimitrious Konstantopolous !

Hartlepool keeper who apparently wants to leave Victoria Park.

This is another great GK :021:

Are you sure Smith can't be recalled from loan - surely we have reasonable circomstances to bring him back??

As far as I know he has to complete the terms that were agreed. Thats the reason CC couldnt send Mike out on loan.

Malkowski from Hibs  :023:

Just checked with my legal adviser, sadly he can't find any precedence in law to make your comment a legally binding contract ........ ****. But if you ask nicely we could leave him behind on Sunday? Just think of the improved attendance, he would drag in all that extra Polish support .......... I believe that slapstick is very popular with that ethnic group. Go on get Charlie to make an offer. I believe Rod Petrie is willing to let him go for £100.000 but if need be £110.000, depending on if we can raise the extra funds.  :001: