FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New keeper - who do we go for?

Yngwie

With Broonie going, we will be signing another keeper, the only question is will it be back-up to Fraser or a new first choice? At the very least, it surely needs to be someone who can provide competition for a starting place at SPL level.

So who do we go for?

Taking into account the fact that we won't want to pay much of a transfer fee, I wonder if the likes of Bryn Halliwell (currently warming the bench at St Johnstone) might enter Charlie's thoughts? Or can we do better than that?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie MacDonald - plays for Hearts U21/Reserves.  Signed full time from their Youth Programme in 2003/04 and is apparently a good young keeper with bags of potential.  He's stood in as a practice keeper at Scotland First Team training camps and I believe he has Scotland U21 caps to his name.

Mike Fraser as #1 with Jonathan Smith as reserve although this Jamie McDonald sounds interesting. No to Ludo Roy, Bryn Halliwell or any other has-been or 'never-was'.

Renton at Elgin City?

Banks at Hearts?

My mum is a teacher at Elgin Academy, and one of her pupils is on the books of Caley and is supposed to be an amazing keeper. Over 6 foot, and still only 15 or 16. Way too early for him just now, but interesting none the less

Craig Gordon....

I hear he is unhappy at Tynecastle again.... also his granny lives in Sneck....!!

I think we should let him come here -  as long as he realises he would have to fight for his place here with Michael to be No 1......

:023:

Dudek from Liverpool - couldn't catch a cold but GREAT at penalties   :023:

How pissed off would Fraser be if we brought in another keeper ahead of him!! If we do sign someone else surely it would be as his understudy otherwise the message going out to him is 'we don't think you are good enough!'

I'm quite excited at the prospect of Fraser being our No.1, always been impressed with him and considered him a more complete goalkeeper than Brown.

Tempted to head through to Inverness on Sunday now...  :024:

I think Michael Fraser will be absolutely fine as our #1, but if we have to look for someone else, who about Ryan Esson? Can't imagine Shrewsbury is the epicentre of the footballing universe and he might be happy to come back north.

On the bench at Aberdeen. According to Dons fans he's been awful for their reserves, and lets face it... If you are no.2 to Langfield you must be terrible!!

I think the best thing would be to get someone experienced in to challenge for the no.1 spot. I still think Fraser should be our number 1, but it would be handy to have someone there to pass on advice like Brown probably has over the years.

Steve Banks at Hearts is a good example, but would maybe be on too much wages.

Also... just spotted this on TeamTalk.com:

Charlie Christie says...

Inverness manager Charlie Christie will give long-term understudy Michael Fraser the chance to replace Mark Brown.

"Michael did well at Celtic a couple of months ago and he's a very good 'keeper, who has worked with Mark for four years," said Christie.

"He'll play against Hibs on Sunday and he'll get his chance.

"But that leaves us a keeper short and we're looking around to bring one in."