FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness CT -V- Kilmarnock

Scotty

Some great play and I was pleased we had great support for the team. The home crows was very POSITIVE yesterday!!

Great to see Aaron play well despite a bloody nose though someone advised him it was modest compared to ones at Johnny Foxes. Thought Drapes was very good at the back. It gives us another option. I wonder if he might make a good centre forward when we need to change tactics?

Tansey and Meekings both seem skilled at the long ball. 

On the basis Christie drops to the bench against Partick, we should have a very fast pair of wingers support Billy. Hopefully the international break will help him come back and we can chant 'Billy McKay, he scores when we want!' He is due to start scoring once the transfer window closes.

Draper

I . I thought he played OK for a player playing out of position.

I thought he got a little square at times and I saw Meekings waving him to go wider and forward a couple of times. He did some good heading and he put in some good tackles.

Edited by Laurence

We were slow starters in this one but its a real sign of confidence that we kept plugging away and got our result and with 2 cracking goals. 

Was a bit anxious when I heard Warren had pulled out but Ross Draper was outstanding at centre back. Kept Ngoo quiet and never put a foot wrong imo, a tactic that could work again in the future. Some good defending was needed first half, a few times  Killie were creeping in a couple of times, but tackling was well timed and well executed.

We got into our groove more in the 2nd half and we looked more likely to take the lead. Billy, Shinnie, Doran and Raven all came close but Billys ball to Doran in the 75 minute and Doran's composure on his left foot was excellent he just stroked it home. Tansey's strike was something special, even if it went in off Samson it was a cracking, swerving effort. He deserved something from it.

It was a real double whammy for Killie. They seemed to really lose their heads. The likes of Eremenko and our good friend Jamie Hammill were putting in silly tackles and lucky not to get more severely punished. Is it just me or was Eremenko looking a bit plump and portly?

Complacency was my real concern on the back of last week but my questions were again answered and we continue to push on....loving the winning feeling  :ictscarf:

Can anyone tell me, cause I can't remember......when was the last time we won a league game by scoring the first in the second half, prior to the Celtic game

Last game of last season. Christie and Tansey both scored 2nd half goals in the 2-0 win over St J's 

No hats left to eat! Put through it a bit in first half. Good ball retention but not a great threat.second half more constructive in second half killy did not seem to know how to stop us. All in all great day.

Yet another good team performance and result and a manager of the month award thrown in too.

As for attendances.

Maybe families are skint after school hols, 3 home games and Belladrum all in the same month.

It would be nice to get some new fans in on the 1st rung of the ladder though.

Ie the ones who have never given it a second thought that a football match on a Saturday afternoon might be a good day out.

Edited by 12th Man

3,830 is actually a decent crowd for a home game against Killie. Every season the subject of attendances comes up along with the excuses etc. truth is 3000 average is about our level of regular support and we need to accept that. we also need to accept that many who once went to games now find other things that are cheaper and more entertaining. Maybe, if we keep up this run, a few more will attend but I wouldn't expect significant amounts in the near future. At least not unless the sport starts to compete with the cinema re prices.

Billys ball to Doran in the 75 minute

McKay was involved earlier in the move, it was Shinnie that slipped Doran in on goal, great ball, great goal.

My error 

Whatever the "official" attendance was, the actual attendance will have been less.  Official figures are arrived at by adding the number of season ticket holders to those paying on the day.  The figure relates to the number of folk who have paid to watch the game, but obviously not every season ticket holder goes to every game. 

Spoke to a friend toaday who was on the Red Cross team at the game. He hates football but thought the atmosphere was great. Well done to the fans who did attend.

My personal opinion was that the first 3 quarters of the game were a bit dull compared to previous games this season but we never looked in danger and I can't remember Deano having to do any work. Result was never in doubt once we scored.

Just seen the result from Dundee - even more pleased now.

Whatever the "official" attendance was, the actual attendance will have been less.  Official figures are arrived at by adding the number of season ticket holders to those paying on the day.  The figure relates to the number of folk who have paid to watch the game, but obviously not every season ticket holder goes to every game.

Are you saying you know that this is the rule at all clubs (apart from Cownty of course)? With all the matchday duties that people have at clubs I can't see the motivation for providing anything but an estimate with 10 mins left because fans expect it. It also adds a level of difficulty in the case of our club as we don't have a separate gate for STs so somebody would need to do a few (admittedly fairly simple) sums.

There's also the legendary situation in Scottish Cup matches where everybody, yes probably everybody, rips off the away club by underannouncing the attendance, although with computerised turnstiles I'm not 100% sure how they get away with it.

Nah! Nah! Sneckboy.    Re your post  # 74.....Not true!  Would I do a thing like that now?

Thinks--wow, Sneckboy noticed, maybe others did as well.... :lol:

The pension to which I made a brief reference was the Canadian pension (which has always been uprated regardless of where one lives--Timbuctoo even) not the British one. Thanks for giving me an excuse to mention it again, though . :wave:

• Agree 1

Nice picts on caleyjags.com  

Im kicking myself tbh, as I never thought of asking caleyjags.com,  if they wanted their logo displayed on one of the big flags.

An old friend of mine in Wester Ross displays local prints and paintings in his restaurant which are for sale. he gets his walls decorated for free and takes a small cut when their sold, I wonder if  the same set up could work in the stadium, with prints being made available to order from the club shop or bought online.

Nice picts on caleyjags.com  

Im kicking myself tbh, as I never thought of asking caleyjags.com,  if they wanted their logo displayed on one of the big flags.

An old friend of mine in Wester Ross displays local prints and paintings in his restaurant which are for sale. he gets his walls decorated for free and takes a small cut when their sold, I wonder if  the same set up could work in the stadium, with prints being made available to order from the club shop or bought online.

Club has a printshop linked to SNSpics on their website I think. I've bought some and they are good quality.

Are you saying you know that this is the rule at all clubs (apart from Cownty of course)? With all the matchday duties that people have at clubs I can't see the motivation for providing anything but an estimate with 10 mins left because fans expect it. It also adds a level of difficulty in the case of our club as we don't have a separate gate for STs so somebody would need to do a few (admittedly fairly simple) sums.

There's also the legendary situation in Scottish Cup matches where everybody, yes probably everybody, rips off the away club by underannouncing the attendance, although with computerised turnstiles I'm not 100% sure how they get away with it.

I know it's the rule here and I assume at others.  I can't see getting accurate figures would be too difficult.  They know how many tickets they have handed out.  The sum of that plus the number of season tickets sold is the number of folk who have paid to see the game and that is the offical attendance.  The number of clicks through the turnstiles is the actual number at the game and from a fan's perspective, that is the figure we would like to know.  Deducting the latter figure from the former would give the number of ST holders who didn't go to the game.  I would imagine the club has these figures but I can't see the club making them public.

It is often pretty clear that the actual crowd is less than the crowd announced.  For instance when the crowd is officially half the capacity it is pretty obvious that the ground is less than half full.

Just seen the highlights very happy indeed and the passing game is coming on. The issue we had is we didn't pass quick enough but judging by the 4 mins of highlights from yesterday and highlights of the other games the passing is quick and threatening but the movement is outstanding. I know im just watching it from the best part point of view but most people seem absolutely delighted by how we have played since the opening couple of matches and all i can say is I wish i was back in the highlands to renew my season ticket again. As for attendance Jim Spence gave it as 3830 and the BBC have given it that but i remember our crowds were in between 3500 and 4,000 for most in the first division and it always looked fuller than that so i think it was probably 2830 instead. Shame with the football on offer and what looked like a beautiful day but although it would be good for better attendances i'm a Fan and although i cant get to home games any more im proud to support officially the best club in scotland  

• Agree 2

Another good performance and result. Team selection and tactics spot on. The only negative - we now have a dilemma when Warren is back. Who do we leave out? Doran doesn't deserve to lose his place. As the cliché goes, it's a good problem to have.

Whatever Yogi and the players are doing on the training pitch is working. Keep it up!

• Agree 1