FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Goalie

L_G

He got recalled after Mark Brown left for Celtic and was on the bench for the Hibs game. Now it seems like he is going to Clach as a swap for Ally for the rest of the season

Johno is going to Clach, didn't think we actually had a keeper on the bench last Sunday, even although he was on the team sheet.

Am I the only one who sees this as a bad idea?  We are an SPL side, and we pick up a goalkeeper who couldn't do it for us, and was playing for Clach, a Highland League side.

If MF got injured between now and Sunday, or even got injured in the game on Sunday, we would be going 4 or 5 down with Ridgers in goal.  It is quite frankly a joke.

ridgers is an excellent keeper and back in the patterson days was always considered the long term option for the club, he was also considered better than fraser.

he was asked to leave because he was allowed to drink alot and not apply himself in training under pele, robbo wouldnt stand for it and preffered a taller keep as back up anyway, had nothing to do with him not being good enough.  also he left at a time when we were making financial cutbacks, with the above meaning fraser was the safer option of the two.

seen him play for clach a few times and hes clearly a cut above the rest of the keepers in the highland league, he commands his area well, is a good shot stopper and is alot more ocnfident than mark brown ever was.  he could possibly be out of his depth but had he been born somewhere else in scotland where his pele-era reputation didnt precede him then he'd be playing sfl football now.

Surely if he was really that good though he would have been picked up by at least a 3rd division club?  And regardless of how good he may appear in the Highland League, going from HL to SPL is a massive step, and I don't think he can do it.

Suprisingly enough i'm with clacher on this one, as much as i have confidence in Mike Fraser i am pretty sure Ally Ridgers is more than an adeqaute back up GK for us, i have no worries at all that if the situation arose where ally was called to the No. 1 position  that he would be more than capable of protecting our nets. Lets bear in mind teams like Aberdeen persist to have playes like langfiled in goals!!

Surely if he was really that good though he would have been picked up by at least a 3rd division club?  And regardless of how good he may appear in the Highland League, going from HL to SPL is a massive step, and I don't think he can do it.

no question theres a gulf in class (if thats even the right word, its almost a different sport) but he has history with ict and has basically been given a second chance by cc, a guy he spent a few years with at the club.  its not as random and cheap a signing as it might first appear in that sense, he was full time with us up until he was about 22 and was never given a chance because of mark brown, seem to remember there was alot of healthy rivalry between fraser and ridgers for the number 2 position after ridgers came back from a season long loan at forres, he'll see now as much of a chance to prove himself as fraser does.

according to the soccerbase website he was at ict from 01-07-1999 till 31-05-2004, 5 years.  certainly as a back up he should be good enough, time will tell though i might be wrong.

is it a problem that he left over the past 2 years with the massive changes the squad have made to their daily routines and training expectations?  probably, itll take him time to adjust.  but then he has more competitive experience than fraser (even though it was just in the hl), all balances out it could be argued.  if the relationship they had at ict a couple of years ago kicks off again then he'll give michael competition.

should be in safe hands until at least the season end anyway when we'll probably bring in another keeper with either smith or ridgers leaving, no idea where theyll come from though!  maybe we'll raid fort william or rothes

Time will indeed tell, but I don't think we should be condemning the boy before he plays. How else will we know if he does not get the opportunity. Anyway, our defence will be key as to how well the keepers play.

nobody agrees with clacher.  on a matter worthy of attention, my appraisal allows you a rare chance to experience pure reailty, a gateway to an uncomfortably obvious world that most will never visit until provoked.  clearly most egos cant handle an existence where your ideals and opinions cannot dictate everything that surrounds, rendering those same ideals or opinions meaningless when faced with my messages on here. 

even if you think you agree or disagree with what i type it matters not, as what youre reading isnt my interpretation of events (and as such an opinion that can itself be paraphrased or have judgement passed on) but rather a direct reading of reality thats being revealed to you as a gift.  its impossible to agree with the truth, you can only accept it.  reality can only be discovered individualy no matter how much guidance i lend you, as like i say my posts are merely the gateway, you all personally have to blast through to be with me in truthland.  remember that its also impossible to disagree with reality, read my post and try again or remain in denial and self loathing forever.  (by the way, well done to ihe you truly are one of the beautiful people with regards to icts reserve goalkeepers, you can all be beautiful just type you agree with what ive said 100%)

some call reading me on here enlightenment, when pushed to use a single, perfect word.  never try to shoot me down or pretend that im wrong, you are only denying yourself pyschological freedom, happiness and your right to become one of the beautiful people.

ugly_girl.jpg

clacher_holiday2

Under current Transfer rules it's not possible for a player to play for 3 seperate clubs in the same season.

surely tho he hasnt played for us so this doesnt apply to Smith. Otherwise Stokes couldnt have went from Arsenal to Falkirk on Loan and then sign for Sunderland, or Bardsley from Man Utd to Gers to Villa. So he could go on loan again.