FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Replacement Striker?

us2

I love this guy already. Got "Rajcomar" put on the back of my ICT shirt this morning, and I'm heading off shortly to get it tattooed as well. 

Slight misunderstanding by the tattoist, but I think I can get away with it.

post-50-0-80910100-1424288438.jpg

• Agree 1

The clips are quite impressive but his record over the last two years is not great.  Playing in the 2nd tier in the Dutch leagues he has averaged just one goal every 6 games.  I guess Yogi needs to judge whether his undoubted talent can be exploited within our set-up and whether he has got the appropriate work ethic.  If he signs then we will have an interesting player on our hands.  

It'll be nice to have a current full international striker on our books again! He seems to be Curacao's top marksman.

Intriguingly, if we do sign him, he'll be missing at the end of next month - on FIFA World Cup (Russia 2018) qualifying duty!

I'm rubbing my hands on this one with a semi cruel look in me eye. Why?

"Cos this man has something going for him and he sure looks fit enough. What we don't know about him is how much pressure he can take without wilting.

I think what he needs is for J H to work him hard, build up his pace and he will finally see that ICT is a great team to be part of.  If he has any delusions of grandeur still seeping through his pores it won't be long before he gets all that stuff knocked out of him, especially if he gets a run out in a few games.

If their is real mettle in there,  the challenge will be enough for him and auld John will get the best out of him. The opace of the games will  shake him but that's what he needs . Plus a resting place where he can stay and be needed and wanted. He aint getting any younger is he ...?

Yes!

OR ................? :wink:

It's encouraging Hughes is still looking about for re-enforcements. Although the inference must be that he doesn't yet think that Ali Sutherland or Calum Ferguson are ready for the first team.

He's probably right, we're coming into the 'business end' of the season, and it's maybe unfair to throw them in at the moment. This guy, has much more experience and without wanting to generalise, Dutch footballers tend to adapt very well to the UK/Scottish game. His recent international experience should have given him confidence too.

I wasn't excited about Sekajja's appointment, but I think this player may be worth a punt!

Now I've said that, I'll probably now read in the Highland News today that he's been released with 'good wishes'!

It's encouraging Hughes is still looking about for re-enforcements. Although the inference must be that he doesn't yet think that Ali Sutherland or Calum Ferguson are ready for the first team.

He's probably right, we're coming into the 'business end' of the season, and it's maybe unfair to throw them in at the moment. This guy, has much more experience and without wanting to generalise, Dutch footballers tend to adapt very well to the UK/Scottish game. His recent international experience should have given him confidence too.

I wasn't excited about Sekajja's appointment, but I think this player may be worth a punt!

Now I've said that, I'll probably now read in the Highland News today that he's been released with 'good wishes'!

Dutch footballers did not fit in seamlessly over the bridge!

Dutch footballers did not fit in seamlessly over the bridge!

That's a good point! Och, trust County to spoil it! Serves me right for 'buying' the cliché!

It used to hold true - they could speak the language and were adaptable etc. - I guess it was just another football myth!

The career stats for the Prince and the Serb are thoroughly underwhelming on www.transfermarkt.co.uk

Even the Prince's Dutch League experience in his "pomp" ... "Has been"? ... More like never really was... Lol.

Apologies to anyone who has maybe answered this but ... Why on earth didn't we go for Alan Gow (previously trained with, worked with Yogi but now snapped up by St Mirren)?

That same site shows we have comfortably the smallest squad in the Premiership.

In this particularly exciting season with a real prospect of a final, a Euro place and a 6 figure sum from Wigan, I still struggle to see why we can't try aiming a little higher when it comes to getting an experienced, free agent out-and-out striker so we can kick on just that bit more.

5 / 10 years from now will we look back on this season and think wow what an opportunity missed? Really hope not.

I am sure Yogi knows what he is doing with the small budget he has bearing in mind players like Gow might not want to come to Inverness.  What you see in videos might look impressive like the ones posted here before we signed Knappa :ohmy:

Why is it that some people don't give players a chance before criticising players (transfer market, come on!).

Both these guys are INTERNATIONALS so can't be that bad.

Most of our squad would have been unknown or had "bad stats" before signing but now look at them!

That isn't criticism of certain posters by the way.

Why is it that some people don't give players a chance before criticising players (transfer market, come on!).

Most of our squad would have been unknown or had "bad stats" before signing but now look at them!

Maybe international players in the sense that they ply their trade in a country different from birth ... Anything more than that is stretching it a bit in the case of Prince and non-existent as far as I can see for Vucanovic ... But I take your point about our existing squad maybe not all having startling career stats. Appreciate we have a budget to operate in but given we are an established top 6 team, can we not start to dip our toe in slightly more ambitious waters? Without being overly simplistic, if we have the smallest squad but comparable attendances with 3 or 4 other SPL teams, are we being slightly over-cautious? That website I referred to is well worth a browse btw ... Astonishing source of up-to-date data even to refer to if nothing else ... Foolhardy to dismiss so readily IMHO.

:laugh:

If he played for Germany or Argentina, you might have a point but just because one is an international (for a place he wasn't born in) doesn't mean he's a de facto world beater!  Prince Rajcomar plays for Curacao who are ranked 160th in the world, below such world beaters as Kyrgyzstan, Bangladesh, Liechtenstein and the Faroe Islands and only slightly ahead Laos and Guam!

I much preferred you when you were throwing your toys out the pram and going mental to be honest! 

• Agree 1

Maybe international players in the sense that they ply their trade in a country different from birth ... Anything more than that is stretching it a bit in the case of Prince and non-existent as far as I can see for Vucanovic ... But I take your point about our existing squad maybe not all having startling career stats. Appreciate we have a budget to operate in but given we are an established top 6 team, can we not start to dip our toe in slightly more ambitious waters? Without being overly simplistic, if we have the smallest squad but comparable attendances with 3 or 4 other SPL teams, are we being slightly over-cautious? That website I referred to is well worth a browse btw ... Astonishing source of up-to-date data even to refer to if nothing else ... Foolhardy to dismiss so readily IMHO.

Your point lacks logic.

Existing budget only allows for small squad...if we are to pay more, then we would need to shrink squad further to be able to afford it.

If there's a bit of spare cash, then it's use needs to be viewed going forward. You can't base long term spending by way of increased wages on one off, non guaranteed, cash injections...how do you cover the wages next season without it?

We're not awash with cash and being "over cautious" is better than being overdrawn with debt/costs we can't sustain...that would be foolhardy!

• Agree 2