FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Well done ICT from a very gutted Falkirk

legibroon

Can understand why you're gutted after Falkirk did so well and got the better of us in the 2nd half.  Looking for positives, at least you're not as gutted as your keeper is, and also, your pre-season won't be ruined by those pesky Europa ties....

Thanks legibroon.

Falkirk can be proud that they really put us under pressure - until the final whistle it was not too enjoyable watching from our end. It was great chatting with Falkirk fans en route and before the game, we met some lovely people and the atmosphere was amazing. Who needs the old firm? I hope the long arm of the law showed some compassion to the guy who went on a crazy run around at the goal end when Falkirk scored.

Roll on next season when it all starts again.

You won't be in the Championship long if you keep playing like that. You have an extremely astute manager whose tactics were spot on in the second half, when you bossed the game. And Peter Grant was outstanding, saving goals at one end, and scoring at the other. You contributed a lot to an epic day. Impressive turn out.

• Agree 3

I agree. Falkirk made it a real competitive game (much more so than the overhyped final down south) and I had my eyes shut more often than at the semi-final, so well done them. Agree that Grant is a player and we'll need to watch out for Loy next season as he's going to Dundee.

Met a really nice Falkirk fan (Gordon Mason) in the Horseshoe bar after the game and as well as congratulating us, he took the Falkirk shirt off his back and presented it to me as a trophy. It was a players shirt from one of the games they were promoted. :clapoverhead:

I did meet a grumpy one waiting for my plane back to London.

He thought our first goal was off-side, plus he felt our 'time wasting with fake injuries' towards the end was disgraceful.

Mind you, I did feel a bit sorry for him.  He lived in Falkirk but he and his wife had got a late call to babysit grandchildren for a long week end in London.  Then he had told his wife he was going back up to Glasgow for the final (at great expense), so he was going back down to a peed off wife plus his team had lost as well.  Perhaps he had reason to be grumpy!

Apart from him, all the other Falkirk supporters were great, before and after the match.  How brilliant to be able to share the same pubs with the opposition fans without any trouble.

• Agree 1