FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotty

Another good performance and result today could have been a lot more with the cross balls from Storey it we had someone keeping up in front of goal.  It is always a great feeling going back over the bridge with 3 points. :ictscarf:

Storey showing up as likely a better option than Mckay.

So the departure of Billy MaKay wasn't after all the same kind of mortal wound as the similar exit of David Bingham in 2004 was also predicted to become?

The old adage "nobody is indispensable" probably applies ... Although management will need to get their thinking caps on for January if Miles does goes back to his parent club (along with Silva to his) ... Especially if, by that stage, we've put County to the sword again and are looking at a League Cup semi-final at worst. 

• Agree 1

Totally agree with previous posts, Storey is a great find and was outstanding against County, early doors some nice football being played by the team.

.Chuffed for Polworth thought he had a great game and building in confidence. Fon Williams again some first class saves and a real team performance throughout.

Top performance by the fans, 'Twist &Shout' never sounded so good.

:ictscarf:

• Agree 1

Storey showing up as likely a better option than Mckay.

So the departure of Billy MaKay wasn't after all the same kind of mortal wound as the similar exit of David Bingham in 2004 was also predicted to become?

The old adage "nobody is indispensable" probably applies ... Although management will need to get their thinking caps on for January if Miles does goes back to his parent club (along with Silva to his) ... Especially if, by that stage, we've put County to the sword again and are looking at a League Cup semi-final at worst. 

agree.

worrying though when all knew mackay was leaving last xmas hughes could only come up with lopez as a replacement.

thankfully the chairman came up trumps

scrape from hughes comments in the "contract talks" on bbc sport yesterday

"Miles Storey is rapid quick," he said. "It's all credit to the chairman who came in with the name actually.

Pity there's an international break now! But, on the resumption, we've 3 home games in-a-row which is great.
Definitely hope we can get Storey on a season long loan - but I honestly don't know the rules about extending loans outwith the transfer window, particularly as it's a cross-border loan, which often involves its own particular rulings etc. But, he does seem to be out of favour at Swindon, and is out-of-contract at the end of the season - perhaps we could be looking at a permanent move?
The team's looking good presently - and although we've still a few players on the treatment table, I reckon the only one who would automatically get his place back would be Gary Warren. No slight on Dean Brill either, but it's hard to drop a player who's done little wrong. Very assured 'keeper. He paints a picture of calm authority!

• Agree 3

Storey has been a great find and compliments the team really well.

I don't mind who found who though as collectively the club and team share the same goals.

I'm sure he is very good at saying positive things about the Caley Thistle team. (compliments v complements)

A couple of months ago I was heating up a tin of Baxters soup, and while waiting for the microwave 'ping' I had a look at the description on the label...and was astonished to discover that they'd sourced some talking herb!  
Apparently the thyme complimented the chicken! Perhaps, "good day, sir - you do look terrific, not at all fowl".

Obviously, they meant 'complemented' - i.e...go well together...
One swift e-mail (seriously!) and later that week, I received Baxters vouchers in the post and a letter assuring me that the error would be corrected in he next 'print run'!
Sometimes, it pays to be a pedant! But, obviously, at the expense of a normal life.
:smile:

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I don't mind who found who though as collectively the club and team share the same goals.

I'm sure he is very good at saying positive things about the Caley Thistle team. (compliments v complements)

A couple of months ago I was heating up a tin of Baxters soup, and while waiting for the microwave 'ping' I had a look at the description on the label...and was astonished to discover that they'd sourced some talking herb!  
Apparently the thyme complimented the chicken! Perhaps, "good day, sir - you do look terrific, not at all fowl".

One swift e-mail (seriously!) and later that week, I received Baxters vouchers in the post and a letter assuring me that the error would be corrected in he next 'print run'!
Sometimes, it pays to be a pedant! But, obviously, at the expense of a normal life.

Are there no any stats requiring your urgent attention?

• Agree 2

Fanastic result, without our star player (Christie) in the team and made all the more fun I suspect for many, with our friends in the 'East' getting stuffed 1-5 (who'd of seen that, especially with their new international full back in the team!). Sounds like we fully deserved the win even if we had the mandatory 'squeaking bum' time at the end. Getting Vincent back fit is (almost) as big a deal as having Storey scoring. Given his previous record I didn't expect Storey to do as well as he is, so it shows how much of a gamble some signings are and how they work out of not......We are looking quite settled now, but the second half of the season could still be interesting, if Storey's loan isn't extended, and with Christie gone.....lets hope that Mutumbo, Lopez and Roberts (remember him?) develop some form that makes those potential losses less heavy. Glad to hear Polworth having a good game

Palace up to third with a great victory, so a classic double win weekend

Who give's a monkey's for the Rugby World Cup anyway!

• Agree 1

Thanks for taking the time to point that out.

I read this whilst drinking some tea, I was thinking of using the word while but the grammar would be poor. I have also sent you an apostrophe in the post to compliment your Baxters vouchers and I'm sure he next print run will mean something to someone somewhere.

PS  some of your grammar in the past has been poor too but didn't want to be a d**k and highlight it. :smile:

Grate win over the Shadows though we'll done.

Edited by 12th Man
Spelling ;-)

That world cup ruggah is top class.  Saw Argentina versus Georgia-- and what power  and fitness that Argos team have. Very absorbing sport at this level.

"OOH, Touchy, Girls!"  -- That's an interesting quote Manfer . But it can also  be a two-edged sword. Agreed?

Just over a week ago we were faced with a a pair of tricky fixtures against in form teams, and I'd have been really pleased with 2 points. To get 6 points is just brilliant.

Mind you, our  recent failure to beat Dundee Utd, even with half our team missing, looks a bit embarrassing now. :lol:

• Agree 3

Just over a week ago we were faced with a a pair of tricky fixtures against in form teams, and I'd have been really pleased with 2 points. To get 6 points is just brilliant.

Mind you, our  recent failure to beat Dundee Utd, even with half our team missing, looks a bit embarrassing now. :lol:

Only putting 2 past Aberdeen doesn't look too clever either...

Edited by HawkeyeTheGnu
  • Agree 2

Great result from the boys on Saturday and great performance from the lads behind the goal for creating an atmosphere, loved the smoke bombs and the flare .

Great result indeed and a great atmosphere created by the fans but we can do without the stupid, illegal and potentially dangerous actions of the few wee boys who never seem to learn.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Now the dust has settled - a quick summary of the game on Saturday. Basically, the game turned on a 10 minute spell before half time. County had a couple of chances (the second one was a sitter for Gardyne), which they missed, while our boys created 3 chances in quick succession and took two of them. The first goal was a thing of beauty! Second half we sat deep and tried to hit on the break without creating anything - although, you felt that at any moment a clean break was going to be on. Storey is indeed excellent, but for me Vincent was our stand-out player. He was everywhere and is undoubtedly the fittest boy in the squad. The away support was fantastic - a great day out...if we can just capitalise on this fine run of form with a win at Kilmarnock, the shadowdwellers may well be back in their rightful place!

Edited by PerfICT

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't think there will be a big crowd for this one with it being on TV and after Saturday's performance.  If they have TV's in Dingwall there will be even less in the South Stand :smile:.  Early dinner for me and hope its worth while!