Charlie Christie attack on Club full BBC text

Dargo20

Here is the full text of Charlie Christie attack from BBC Sportsound

Inverness legend Charlie Christie launches astonishing attack on club after derby defeat

Richie Foran's side sit adrift at the bottom of the table after a 4-0 thumping at County - and Christie says things must change.

Former Inverness manager Charlie Christie has launched a scathing attack on the club in the wake of their mauling at the hands of Ross County . 

Richie Foran's side are fighting for their Premiership  survival. five points adrift at the bottom after a 4-0 thumping at the hands of rampant County at Dingwall last night.  

On-form Irish international Liam Boyce bagged all four goals in a win which is a major blow to Inverness' hopes of survival.

And Christie, who is a club stalwart having been there as a player, manager and now involved with the youth development side, is adamant things have to change.

It's been a fall from grace for the Highlanders, after winning the Scottish Cup in 2015, something that has left Christie “incredulous.

The 51-year-old told BBC Sportsound: "I was manager at this football club and got us 7th in the table, and some of the fans wanted rid of me. It’s not good enough.”

Although Christie showed sympathy towards gaffer Richie Foran, saying he is doing all that he can, he admitted his fears for the team he loves.

Ripping into the current set-up, criticising everything from the club shop to transfer moves, he continued: "I love the club but, look at the shop, a portacabin is unacceptable.

"We won the Scottish Cup, what have we done? We used to run a really tight ship."

"We’ve changed our ethos grossly and that’s not good. You have to be ambitious but you have to live beyond your means and look to take the club on.

"It hurts me to say it, but this has been coming. I've been there since day one, I need to watch what I'm saying because I'm an employee of the club, but it's disappointing."

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Dargo20 said:

Here is the full text of Charlie Christie attack from BBC Sportsound

Inverness legend Charlie Christie launches astonishing attack on club after derby defeat

Richie Foran's side sit adrift at the bottom of the table after a 4-0 thumping at County - and Christie says things must change.

Former Inverness manager Charlie Christie has launched a scathing attack on the club in the wake of their mauling at the hands of Ross County . 

Richie Foran's side are fighting for their Premiership  survival. five points adrift at the bottom after a 4-0 thumping at the hands of rampant County at Dingwall last night.  

On-form Irish international Liam Boyce bagged all four goals in a win which is a major blow to Inverness' hopes of survival.

And Christie, who is a club stalwart having been there as a player, manager and now involved with the youth development side, is adamant things have to change.

It's been a fall from grace for the Highlanders, after winning the Scottish Cup in 2015, something that has left Christie “incredulous.

The 51-year-old told BBC Sportsound: "I was manager at this football club and got us 7th in the table, and some of the fans wanted rid of me. It’s not good enough.”

Although Christie showed sympathy towards gaffer Richie Foran, saying he is doing all that he can, he admitted his fears for the team he loves.

Ripping into the current set-up, criticising everything from the club shop to transfer moves, he continued: "I love the club but, look at the shop, a portacabin is unacceptable.

"We won the Scottish Cup, what have we done? We used to run a really tight ship."

"We’ve changed our ethos grossly and that’s not good. You have to be ambitious but you have to live beyond your means and look to take the club on.

"It hurts me to say it, but this has been coming. I've been there since day one, I need to watch what I'm saying because I'm an employee of the club, but it's disappointing."

I think there is a mis-quote here ... He said we have to live within our means.

Here is a link to the actual BBC Sportsman's podcast recording with the approx timings of his and Barry Wilson's dialogue

4mins to 6mins 30 secs

11mins 30 secs to 15mins

19mins to 29mins

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p051g5zd

Agree that CC would be better than Foran, but so would my dog. I think the problem with the concept is that it is a look back into the past. I have no doubt that he'd improve performances and results, but we are already relegated in all but name, so let's be a bit more forward looking. DoF would be an option, but would CC be able to hold his tongue if he didn't like the manager's approach? Look at the flack Levein got for interfering with team decisions. It's an option, but another sticking plaster.

Edited by PerfICT
  • Agree 1

Agree with Christie and Wilson when it comes to stating the obvious, i.e. that Foran has been a disaster and the board inept in their inaction. Not sure how much credence to give their views beyond that. Think we need to be wary of ex-players who 'talk a good game', given our current predicament.

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I would attach far more weight and credence to what the likes of Charlie and Barry Wilson say than what is posted these days on the increasingly deluded and out of touch official Twitter account. 

Looking forward to the Champions League final banter. 

CC has my full backing. A real football guy who had us playing well when he was in charge. A match against Falkirk away seems to spring to mind. Things are not right and good on CC for speaking out. Legend. 

• Agree 2