FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

No more OF at home for me

Gringo

Sunday's game was my first 'home' match against any of the OF (except to 'home' tie against Gers at Pittodrie!!) and it will be my last. I do not see why I should pay my entry fee for the home end and have to sit alongside 'Away' supporters. When Bayne scored our opener these guys sat in silence whilst most, but not all, around me cheered. I told them to get up and celebrate but they declined the offer! When Tic equalised they cheered and, again with the winner. To be fair to them they weren't 'in my face' so to speak when the winner came but why the feck should I have to sit there gutted whilst these guys go home with a big fat smile on their Tic faces - that really did feckin hurt. It wont happen again. For fecksake ICT let me cry with our own supporters without being humiliated further by the smiling Tics.

Sunday's game was my first 'home' match against any of the OF (except to 'home' tie against Gers at Pittodrie!!) and it will be my last. I do not see why I should pay my entry fee for the home end and have to sit alongside 'Away' supporters. When Bayne scored our opener these guys sat in silence whilst most, but not all, around me cheered. I told them to get up and celebrate but they declined the offer! When Tic equalised they cheered and, again with the winner. To be fair to them they weren't 'in my face' so to speak when the winner came but why the feck should I have to sit there gutted whilst these guys go home with a big fat smile on their Tic faces - that really did feckin hurt. It wont happen again. For fecksake ICT let me cry with our own supporters without being humiliated further by the smiling Tics.

Complain to the club then they might actually do something about it  :003:

You think?

Honestly? No. But at least you can say you complaoined to the club and it's in their hands than just posting it on a message board where they don't have to take any action because no one has complained directly.

With the exception of the 2003 cup final ,I haven't been to a game against either OF since the 80's.Got scunnered with the pre match rituals,buses getting stoned,vitriol from the terracing,violence if your team had the audacity to beat them etc etc.

In fairness to ICT i dont see much more that they can do ,you cant throw people out for not cheering no matter how obvious their allegiance is.

Maybe it's a tough thing for them to police as they don't know who's hands their tickets will get into once they're sold. These guys weren't wearing any 'visible' Tic regalia so wouldn't have been spotted at the tunrstiles and even it they were I doubt if anything would have been done.

These guys weren't obnoxious or anything, its just the sheer humiliation of sitting there dejected and distaught whilst they left with a smile. This humiliation WONT happen again as I wont be going to any OF home games again. I could write a letter of complaint to the club but I fail to see how this would help. I'm sure many have complained in the past and the results are clear to see - it doesn't work.

It's only because I've got a season ticket that I go to OF home games, if I didn't I'd give them a miss too. They're the games I least look forward to, for the same reasons you mention Gringo and I also get pissed off at the few thousand extra Caley 'fans' who only ever turn up for those games. Every time we play the OF I always see plenty of people I know, supporting ICT, who never attend any other games through the season.

Ach well, back to normal next Saturday.

Guest Suspicious Mind

With the exception of the 2003 cup final ,I haven't been to a game against either OF since the 80's.Got scunnered with the pre match rituals,buses getting stoned,vitriol from the terracing,violence if your team had the audacity to beat them etc etc.

In fairness to ICT i dont see much more that they can do ,you cant throw people out for not cheering no matter how obvious their allegiance is

Of course they could do more Dee. They should leave the seats empty to ensure that the home support should not be subjected to those refusing to cheer as they are denying the droves of home supporters who batter down the ticket office door week in week out to show their undying support for the club whoever they're playing.

Back in the real world, the club sell the tickets to those who seek to buy them, inform them at the time that they are for home support, ban away colours and try (as best they can) to ensure adequate stewarding/policing is available. Ensuring that enjoyment is then expresses is slightly more difficult.

This approach is the preferred route for the accountants and the bank. The alternative route is unsustainable.

We are becoming like the OF with our drive to ensure that our attitude and approach to spectators is just as bigoted and insular as theirs. Why do some of us see this as desireable when many of us long to be able to go and sit in any part of a ground with friends/family who may support different teams, to enjoy the game for what it is?

Agree totally suspicious,think the tongue in cheek smiley is missing again,but yes i'd love to be able to sit with mates of the opposite persuasion at games and enjoy the craic.Went down to Buckie on Saturday for the game v Loco's,great day out ,great craic,home and away fans mingling and joking but all committed to thier own team.£6 to get in,hot peh's and bovril and no hassle from anywhere,dont think i even saw a polis.reckon the highland league will be getting my attendance more often.

I sympathise with your posting Gringo, and I hate sitting next to some ignorant OF tosspot in the home end, but I must admit it made our last minute victory over Rangers at Xmas even sweeter to see the faces of those clowns when Rankine screamed in his winner.

That bit of schadenfreude aside it should definitely be clamped down on by the stewards and police. It seems like they're the only people in the ground who can't identify the wannabe weegies.

Where were you sitting Gringo?

North Stand; Section B Row D Seat 21...basically by the right-hand corner flag as you look at the pitch - had a great view down the touch-line too.. :004:

2 quid isn't a lot, but I know of several regulars who just saw £27 as being a bit of a liberty.

I hate the OFs visits too, but think of the coffers. It really is just grin and bear it time.

Seems 300 thought likewise.

I sympathise with your posting Gringo, and I hate sitting next to some ignorant OF tosspot in the home end, but I must admit it made our last minute victory over Rangers at Xmas even sweeter to see the faces of those clowns when Rankine screamed in his winner.

Every Cloud has a silver lining! :022:  Every Celtic game it's the same, the row infront of the PB's (usually reserved for away reserve team) is full of away "fans". 

We now take great delight in saying very loudly "Serves the Glory Hunting B*****d's right!" at every ICt goal, and making general comments to annoy them.  We'll you've got to amuse yersel somehow! :023:

Maybe if I lived up there I could stomach it now again but to travel 460 miles for the 'pleasure' of it???...Na.

I agree it would have been differant had we won - but we didn't, and it hurt a lot and to know them glory hunting bestards could see my hurt made it even worse. Like a say, it wont happen again.

did not go to the game today because first i am a Celtic fan but i go to as many Caley games as i can. I paid for the tickets for my wife and son to go to the game as they are genuine Caley fans first and foremost, i started taking my son there because i thought it was rite for him to support the local team and he can see a game of football in a safe envoirment, then my wife decided she would start going as well ( costs me a fortune now). When my wife came back from the game to-day she told me there were Cetic fans in the Bridge End, i believe the Bridge End is for Caley fans not for away fans (thats why i didnt go today) when are the club going to stamp this out or is money the be all and end all of the clubs thoughts. There were two empty seats beside my wife and as she said i could have been there but she understood my thoughts as i thought it was unfair for me to buy tickets for that end and i could not have enjoyed the game , but if all Caley want is the money so be it i wil go next time. I also understand that the price of the tickets were out of the reach of the real fans as i thought they were a bit on the steep side.

On the brite side, a few of my sons friends were at the game, these are primary school children (Caley fans)( some parents wer'nt) so maybe all stands well for the future fan base if the club play the game , reduce child prices by £2 or £3 pounds for cup games and keep opposing fans out of the home fans areas, these kids are the future of the club, as fans and maybe some players among them so I.C.T. play the game, support these kids in the way they support you.

Come on you guys, ive said before weve got a great club here theres really no need to worry about inferior big city clubs with no real empathy with there fans,glory hunters,whatever you like to call them, i would always rather be the lesser club doing well with smaller resources, when the great victories come youll enjoy them all the more.

Imagine following the OF knowing your gonna clean up everywhere you go, i recon the football bigwigs should do what was suggested a few years ago stick the OF in the English Prem, over a season theyll soon realize how big they really are, im sure of that.

I agree with Hellandee it would be nice to just have a great day out watching your team and having the craic with the away fans whatever the result.

Cairngorm agree with what you say in your last paragraph fully, these kids should be encouraged at all cost, but also i understand the club maximizing revenue when the opportunity comes, the fans want success and unfortunately success does not come cheaply. Its a hard one to call but the kids gotta be looked after.

The argument with the kids always seems a bit blunt to me... Caley surely suffer from the same problem that has faced amateur sport in the Highlands for a long time, in that the kids come up through the ranks but once they reach 18 they leave, be it for Uni or whatever. Obviously not everyone does this but I reckon the majority of my age group have and probably pursue the fortunes of the 'big' club they supported... Although as the last generation who will remember the Highland League days maybe we will be the last generation to have a 'big' team as well as an Inverness team?

Here's hoping...

What do the club do community wise for the kids anyway? Do we have youth coaches into school, free tickets, players running coaching clinics with secondary school teams, etc, etc? Genuinely wanbting to find out and not having a go!