FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

No more OF at home for me

Gringo

CALEY D ,  i decided not to go and i gave my reasons, there should have been cheaper seats for the kids and "them" could have not got tickets, i understand the club needs money as every club does, but do we want the Bridge end full of Caley fans or does the club want the money. Now is the time for the club to stand up and be counted , a fan base for the future even if the club drop a division , or a quck profit.  7000 fans 4 times a year or a core of 3 to 4 thousand fans for every home game. It already annoys me that prices for OF games rise by £2 a game, the clubs are all in the same league, if you want to charge extra, charge the OF fans an extra £5 over and above what you charge already not the home fans. I have taken Young Cairn and Mrs Cairn to away games with Caley and have been charged extra and the home fans have not.

On the note about kids supporting Caley i went to pick up Young Cairn from football training the other nite 4 Caley tops were been worn and not an OF top in site, this is the first time i have saw this.Mrs Cairn informed me more kids are now wearing Caley tops and less OF tops in view, now get the club to support the kids, as this new generation are supporting the Caley

We weren't discussing non-attendance on the basis of cost, I was commenting purely in regard to the issue of not attending based on the likelihood of ending up next to/near opposition fans.

Perhaps one (partial) solution which could be looked into would be segregating the uncovered area at the away end of the Main stand and increasing tickets given to the likes of the OF on these occasions.  OK, it would need a small amount of investment to sort out the facilities and possibly erect some kind of temporary barrier, but it's a small price to pay to keep your own fans happy and see them coming back IMO.

Until such time as our home crowds grow to a level whereby you will get 5000+ true ICT fans wanting/buying tickets then the club aren't likely to turn away money from anyone willing to part with it whether we like it or not.

If you had read comments I had made on threads regarding the prices you would see that I fully agree with your point about that.

CaleyD=== this generation of young fans dont care if it was two clubs joined to gether , as far as they are concerned it is Caley they want to support i agree with some of your point but to reap the benifits in the future you have to invest now, people at the top of the club should just have the south stand for away fans and that is it. If you can get a core of 3-4 thousand in the next five years that is a good result, remember the City of Inverness and the surrounding area is growing these fans will come to the ground, a lot of non OF fans are coming to the Highlands and they will want to see a game of football, support a team, this is the people you want to catch and their children. What i would love to see is the day when their will be no tickets available for away fans because they have all been taken up by Caley fans

For anyone who has been annoyed by old firm fans sitting in the home stands...

Rather than stopping from coming to the games and supporting the team you love why not do something positive about it?  If I were you I'd make a note of some of the seat numbers around you that aren't held by season ticket holders and the next time the old firm come to town, go and buy one or more tickets for those seats for a mate (or a kid relative) of yours who doesn't normally go to the football.  That way:

• [li]The old firm fans don't get them[/li]
    [li]Your mate gets to sit near you[/li]
    [li]The club still gets the cash[/li]

:022:

If everyone brought just one extra person occasionally then we'd be laughing.

CaleyD=== this generation of young fans dont care if it was two clubs joined to gether , as far as they are concerned it is Caley they want to support i agree with some of your point but to reap the benifits in the future you have to invest now, people at the top of the club should just have the south stand for away fans and that is it. If you can get a core of 3-4 thousand in the next five years that is a good result, remember the City of Inverness and the surrounding area is growing these fans will come to the ground, a lot of non OF fans are coming to the Highlands and they will want to see a game of football, support a team, this is the people you want to catch and their children. What i would love to see is the day when their will be no tickets available for away fans because they have all been taken up by Caley fans

Are you reading posts made by me in some kind of parallel universe?  I said nothing about mergers on this thread  :017:

For anyone who has been annoyed by old firm fans sitting in the home stands...

Rather than stopping from coming to the games and supporting the team you love why not do something positive about it?  If I were you I'd make a note of some of the seat numbers around you that aren't held by season ticket holders and the next time the old firm come to town, go and buy one or more tickets for those seats for a mate (or a kid relative) of yours who doesn't normally go to the football.  That way:

[li]The old firm fans don't get them[/li]
    [li]Your mate gets to sit near you[/li]
    [li]The club still gets the cash[/li]

:022:

If everyone brought just one extra person occasionally then we'd be laughing.

A little difficult to do living in Coventry..  :024:

All I have to say is that I do think that the prices at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium (like all grounds in the SPL probably) are very high indeed for any fan. 20 - to - 25 pounds you say. Phew!

I am going to see the Canadian under 21 team versus the Scotland Under 21 team in an International match here in Vancouver (Canada) on 24 March and I got two very good high-up centre stand tickets at the top price of $26 which is about 12 pounds each.

The ground will have a full house of about 6,000  and it will be a good match with the lads being young and fit and skilful..and beer will be sold on the premises. So my son and I are really looking forward to the game and the day out.

But whether I would want to , or could afford ,some $45 and upwards to see a game every other week is something I would have to think about and I honestly feel that if ICT want the ground filled up E.O.W. then they really must consider doing something about making the  the pricing more attractive. Especially for the youngsters . :024:

What can the club actually do to stop OF fans being in the home end unless their wearing colours? If they turn up and buy tickets when they are on sale to the general public the club wont now what team they really support and if they dont wear colours to the game and just sit there theres not much they can do. Someone said people were just sitting there when we scored, agree obviously celtic fans, and that the club should do something to stop them getting tickets but realistically there is nothing they can do when the go on sale to general public.

There was one thing last season i think that the club tried and i thought it was a good idea but as usuall peple were on here moaning about it. Think it was against rangers, season ticket holders were offered the chance to buy 2 extra tickets first. If all season tickets holders took the extra 2 it would have been over subscribed but then some would have had to just make do with 1. People complained about this as usual and in the end there was actually spare tickets for public sale as season ticket holders didnt take up the whole home end with extra tickets. This was prob the best idea though as then most tickets would be going to genuine Caley fans unless season ticket holders were giving them to OF fans

What can the club actually do to stop OF fans being in the home end unless their wearing colours? If they turn up and buy tickets when they are on sale to the general public the club wont now what team they really support and if they dont wear colours to the game and just sit there theres not much they can do. Someone said people were just sitting there when we scored, agree obviously celtic fans, and that the club should do something to stop them getting tickets but realistically there is nothing they can do when the go on sale to general public.

I agree its a difficult one for the club to police, maybe impossible. I suppose its just one of those annoying problems that will never go away (bit like the OF in general).