FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Lack of appreciation

Heilandee

Right, which of you lot are they on about?

"One of the enduring mysteries in these parts, though, is the lack of appreciation sometimes voiced among the home faithful.

A notoriously hard-to-please lot, sections of the home stand took both barrels from Charlie Christie later as he expressed exasperation at boos and groans at key moments in the match. "

Full article

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sometimes think we forget that, until March last year, in six attempts we hadn't beaten Dundee United, home or away," said Christie. "I'm disappointed in the home support when they're harassing the players and not giving them their full backing at 0-0 at home to Dundee United, especially after the kick in the teeth of Celtic.

"Just compare wage bills, budgets and club size. They've had a man who has invested millions of his own money to support their club. For us to be above them again in the league speaks volumes for our players. I'm delighted for them, not myself or anyone else."

:025: :025: :025: Feck me. That is much more diplomatic - He is feckin learning.

Sense the frustration had boiled over from the Cellic game. If only CC had put his hands up instead of employing defensive rationalisation and projection.

crumbs, I may have been sitting beside one yesterday :hiding03:

I forgot myself yesterday and at one stage expressed an opinion that Mr Rankin may be better employed at Dingwall.

For that outpouring of frustration, please accept my apologies, but John, you were only marginally better than Rory yesterday........thats how bad you were, hiding, doing the invisible mans job.

Anyway, thats me better now.

spellcheck working now

The players were getting backing from the stands - certainly in the North one anyway. Not sure what sections Charlie is referring to but this isn't the first time he has attacked the ICT fans.

Careful Mannie - Sophia will be after your blood now!

there was a boy behind me who spent the whole game getting in at our boys

constructive critisicm is a good thing but the way this boy was going on you'd of thought we were 4-0 down to county

if someone makes a mistake the last thing you need is some **** getting in about them and knocking down their confidence even more

Midway through the second half there was definitely some ironic cheering from the NS when we managed to string three passes together :023:

I didn't hear any booing though.

Oh aye, there was a lot of cheering when Rory got hooked too :023: :023: :023:

He's talking b"llocks, there was plenty of backing yesterday. Even McAllister and Rankin who had very poor games were warmly applauded as they came off. Relative to other SPL clubs I think ICT fans are pretty reasonable. Try listening the the vitriol that comes from the Hibs / Aberdeen / Motherwell sections.

Interesting to hear IHE's pop psychoanalysis of Christie. I also think he's starting to sound like a man with delusions of personal grandeur... as if he's doing an 'amazing' job taking into account he has to work for such a small, mickey mouse club, with such rubbish fans. When the club is doing well it's because of him and the players, when the club is doing badly it's because of the fans.

"Narcissists appear to lack humility and are over self-centered and ungenerous... They characteristically but usually unwittingly exploit others and take them for granted and expect others to serve them without giving much in return. Their self-conceit is viewed by most as unwarranted. It smacks of being uppish and superiour without any substance to justify it." Sigmund Freud

When you're playing shockingly bad football it's only right that the fans groan. You can't expect positive feedback and sychophantic applause ALL the time, we're not Americans. When you've got folks paying fortunes of their personal money to support a bunch of guys, some of whom might be earning 3 or 4 times what the average supporter is earning, and some of them aren't at the races - OF COURSE those supporters are entitled to moan.

Charlie has got it entirely back to front. If there's a lack of appreciation, it's from him! Relationships are reciprocal. He and the players ought to be grateful to the fans who shell out their hard earned money to come and support them every week and pay their wages. I get the impression he's aloof and thinks that the fans are there to serve his and the players egos - rather than them being there to serve the fans. He gives the impression that the fans are 'privileged' to be watching ICT playing SPL football. Surely when half of those fans have spent thousands of pounds of personal cash supporting the club they've contributed more than their fair share to ICT getting up the leagues - and they're deserving, not 'privileged'.

I for one, am sick and tired of his arrogant sniping. If the fans aren't good enough for you Charlie, then feck off and find a club more worthy of your 'amazing' talents.

wtf dbs

people should stop reading too much into simple conversation.

Was Rory applauded off or were people applauding the fact that he was subbed :017:

Not before time if you ask 3900 people at the game.

Stop the sniping, it's getting boring.

CC is absolutely spot on.. there is nothing worse than ungrateful fans and we have plenty.  I couldn't make the game yesterday but I think CC will also be referring to the posters on this forum that more than anything haven't got a clue about football and yet seem to think that Christie isn't the man for the job and haven't backed him from the start of his time as manager.  It seems on this board all the good work that the team goes un-noticed yet as soon as there is a sniff of a bad result or bad performance the message board is flooded with posters talking absolute pish.  Yesterday for example, from what I hear we played very poorly but I don't think anyone understands how much effort physically and mentally went into the game against Celtic last week, it must have been a massive psychological blow to the players and obviously took time to get into the swing of things, yet we managed to pull off an amazing last minute winner just after the team had taken another blow in getting Granty sent off.  Think how the players feel when they read this forum and see that instead of the fans being delighted with a cracking result that has kept our dream of top 6 alive, they see people moaning how bad the performance was and how it is not good enough.  They must ask themselves "what is the point?" because nothing they seem to do is good enough for all you ungrateful ba5tards, I swear we have the worst support in the league, not because of our low numbers but because of the bunch of idiots that just don't have a clue about football, it's embarrassing some of the pish that is spouted on this forum at times, really is!!!

Guest Bonzo

Christie should get grip on reality.

We were atrocious yesterday.

He should have been grateful that there was anyone left in the stadium after half-time.

The crowd was not quiet because the score was 0-0.

The crowd was quiet because the football on show, from both teams, was unbelievably BAD.

Get your team playing well Charlie and the crowd will respond.

We were completely out of sorts - and it did make me wonder whather a "snooker day" was the best sort of training for a football team.

The "snooker day" as you put it was not a training exercise, it was a method of getting the teams minds off a gutting defeat in the cup.  Or would you have preferred no "snooker day" and for Wilson to be on poor form for the entire game and not score a winner?

Guest kingkojak

personally im getting sick of hearing 10CC bring up the old wage bill chest nut in his post match interviews every feckin week!!

I'm sure I remember reading someone write that Barry should be left out because he looked so tired after last week? :024: Good job CC doesn't take advice off anyone who obviously hasn't got a clue!

I reckon anyone who has the slightest difference of opinion with CC, or who has the feckin cheek to complain about spending their well earned cash to watch ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ football should be banned from posting. Then we can all have one big love-in and rename the site the CC appreciation club maybe??

Harry Chibber you do speak a lot of garbage! name me one club whos fans sit there and cheer when they are getting hammered.  yesterday was a load of crap, even though we won and congrats to the boys for going all the way and gettin the 3 points but it was a crap performance and i for one am not gonna pay 3 hundered odd quid to watch that every week, I and the rest of the fans pay a lot of money every week to watch the team and that gives us the right to moan and groan if we want! end of story.

as far as charlie is concerned, like any other manager he wants the fans to cheer for their team and fair enough but he needs to stop going on about the wage budget and not being able to attract certain players and blah blah blah. at the end of the day were now an SPL side and just because were a small club are we supposed to accept that kind of performance? does he want us to wait until were in the second division before we can start expressing our frustrations? im not saying were headin to the sec div but with charlie in charge im not so confident of us staying an spl side for long!

I think we're back to the same old story.

Every club has got the moaners the types who moan like **** when their team isn't playing beautiful football and when their team is playing beautiful football then they go quiet.                                      We are all different, some think that by paying admission money they are entitled to shout criticism at their players. Personally I prefer to SUPPORT my team,by that I mean basically cheer them on.  

ANYONE WHO HAS PLAYED SPORT AT A COMPETITIVE LEVEL WILL CONFIRM THAT SUPPORT FROM THE SIDELINES PROVIDES YOU WITH A LITTLE BIT EXTRA, like a boost of adreniline if you like.

ON THE OTHER HAND CRITICISM FROM THE SIDELINES HAS A NEGATIVE EFFECT ON A PLAYER. It's a pity boo boys can't appreciate this.

As regards CC and the players, as far as I'm concerned their basically performing to their full potential.

I would think under the circumstances it would be almost impossible for them to hit another level e.g. becoming a regular top six club at this stage.

Well done CC and the team, keep up the good work !!!!

Sure did...just a wee bit mind!  the players were needing a wee reminder to sort it out..  and it worked, big Patti gave us a wee bit more composure in midfield, i think he will turn out to be a good signing.

If you noticed, people were cheering/chanting everytime we did well and won a corner or had a good move.  However, I don't know how Charlie expects us to be cheery about what was on display for most of the game yesterday, especially in the first half.

I continue to be amazed by the resolute CC Protection Society. I, like many of the other critical posters on here, back CC and can appreciate what he has, what the limitations are and the fact that he is learning his trade at the top. CC is and always will be a feckin legend but:

allo_allo_az.jpg Listen very carefully as I will only say this once feckin more:

CC appears unable to apportion any blame to himself. He blames the players, the crowd, the wages, the geographics - anything but "Yeah - I got it wrong today - but I am a novice and I will learn." No "sorry" just feckin excuses. That is what feckin pisses me off . Anyone agree

I didn't call for Charlies head and I didn't say the players were rubbish. And I agree that there are some irritating fans who shout abuse to certain players, who we'd all like to shut up sometimes.

But for the most part, our support is very good compared to other Scottish clubs. How many players have been spat out by other clubs and come into their own here? The likes of Wyness, McBain and Bayne were given plenty of patience, support and encouragment by the fans as they found their feet.

What I said was that I wish Christie would stop bitching about the fans and start appreciating how much time and money we have contributed to the club over the years. Appreciation is a two way street.

CC is absolutely spot on.. there is nothing worse than ungrateful fans and we have plenty.

Yes the players work hard, but it's their job! They're extremly well paid to do what they do. Fans are paying £300 a year (and thats a **** of a lot of money to some people) and sacrificing an afternoon a week to come and support them - and Charlie has the cheek to belittle us and call us 'ungrateful', for not applauding him enough. Who does he think he is, Jesus? It's disgusting. Who paid for his house, his flash car, his fancy suits etc? US. He doesn't seem appreciative of this fact at all.

I have no sympathy with his argument whatsoever. He should try working a 12 hour shift in a factory, or a rainy afternoon on a building site, or slaving in a kitchen for the minimum wage like the ordinary Invernessians who pay his fatcat wages. Has he ever had a real job in his life?

Footballers aren't Gods, they're workers like everybody else and don't have the right to expect us to bow down to them. They provide a service as entertainers and if their product is poor they should be slagged off. If Charlie hired a joiner to do his kitchen and the guy did a sloppy job - don't you think he'd complain? Of course he would. What makes his job so special that he's beyond reproachment of any kind?

If anyone is out of touch and in need of a reality check it's Charlie.