• Roma
    • Ac Milan
    • Bayen Munich
    • PSV

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bit disapointed with the champions league this year, too many english teams but i think we might bave to get used to it

real madrid, inter and barca have all got awesome squads this season, probably better than liverpools and man u's but all failed to get past the last 16.  its bad for the competition as all three wouldve had real chances of winning the thing.. name of the game though, liverpool and chelsea play it well as always.

obviously AC could still do it but they lack the killer pace or threat upfront the other teams left have, if ronaldo was avialable for european games then theyd be as strong as the english sides

• 2 weeks later...

What a fecking game, coom on Man U!! :crazy07:

Get in!

"Shevchenko is better than Rooney"..who said that  :029: .... err No!! :rotflmao:

... and once again Fletcher was outstanding, a hero is coming to the fold mark my works!!! (just like McAllister will be to ICT :004:)

"Shevchenko is better than Rooney"..who said that  :029: .... err No!! :rotflmao:

Why is that so laughable? Have you seen what Sheva has done and his medal haul? Top scorer in Serie A and one of the all time highest goal scorers in the CL as well as winning the competition.

When Rooney has accomplished half of what Sheva has done then he might be onto something. He still has some way to go. Sheva is an outstanding striker. Rooney is just a very good one.

Why is that so laughable? Have you seen what Sheva has done and his medal haul? Top scorer in Serie A and one of the all time highest goal scorers in the CL as well as winning the competition.

When Rooney has accomplished half of what Sheva has done then he might be onto something. He still has some way to go. Sheva is an outstanding striker. Rooney is just a very good one.

Shevchenko was the best player in the world but since joining the EPL has been average and certainly not worth the money that was paid for him.  Look at the PFA awards Shev was not mentioned in any catogories, not even the shortlists.  Currently Rooney is a better player than him, better goal scoring ratio, better contribution to the team, better player.  I am not saying that Rooney is the best forward in the world, for that you would look to Shev's striking partner or David Silla.

To say Shevchenko is an outstanding striker is the same as saying Dundee United are still a major force in Scotland. He is no longer as good as he once was

Shevchenko was the best player in the world but since joining the EPL has been average and certainly not worth the money that was paid for him.

Of coure he isn't worth the money. Do you think Rooney is worth the £30 million Man United will end up paying for him? No footballer is worth that obscene amount of money.

Look at the PFA awards Shev was not mentioned in any catogories, not even the shortlists.  Currently Rooney is a better player than him, better goal scoring ratio, better contribution to the team, better player.

Sheva has not had a good season but you can see from the goals he scores he still has the talent. To try and dismiss that based on him not being nominated for the PFA awards is foolhardy. You need only to look at what he has done over the years to see what an excellent player he is.

To say Shevchenko is an outstanding striker is the same as saying Dundee United are still a major force in Scotland. He is no longer as good as he once was

No it isn't!  :015:

That's a ridiculous comparison to make given that United have done nothing for years now. Had United still been winning trophies right up until last season then had the season they are currently having then that might have been closer to the mark but what you have said is plain daft!  :015:

Almost as ridiculous to suggest that after one average season where Sheva has still scored spectacular goals that isn't good anymore. Talent like his doesn't just dry up like that. No doubt you probably thought that Crespo was rubbish after a sticky season with Chelsea, Beckham when he didn't start well at Real Madrid etc.  :015:

Shevchenko was the best player in the world but since joining the EPL has been average and certainly not worth the money that was paid for him.

Of course he isn't worth the money. Do you think Rooney is worth the £30 million Man United will end up paying for him? No footballer is worth that obscene amount of money.

If Rooney makes the club that sort of money during his career (which is more than likely) then he it is a sound investment, Shevchenko will give Chelsea 2 more seasons (if he is lucky) before he is punted or retires and there is no chance of him making his club anywhere near what was paid. 

Look at the PFA awards Shev was not mentioned in any categories, not even the shortlists.  Currently Rooney is a better player than him, better goal scoring ratio, better contribution to the team, better player.

Sheva has not had a good season but you can see from the goals he scores he still has the talent. To try and dismiss that based on him not being nominated for the PFA awards is foolhardy. You need only to look at what he has done over the years to see what an excellent player he is.

Class is timeless and there is no doubting Shevchenko has it but he is running out of years and has been almost woeful at times this season.  Rooney has the class, is still young and matches any striker with his current form..... if you were a manager making a decision on which player to sign who would you sign?

No it isn't!  :015:

That's a ridiculous comparison to make given that United have done nothing for years now. Had United still been winning trophies right up until last season then had the season they are currently having then that might have been closer to the mark but what you have said is plain daft!  :015:

Because of Shevchenko's age he is never going to be as good as he once was, seems like a good comparison to me

Almost as ridiculous to suggest that after one average season where Sheva has still scored spectacular goals that isn't good anymore. Talent like his doesn't just dry up like that. No doubt you probably thought that Crespo was rubbish after a sticky season with Chelsea, Beckham when he didn't start well at Real Madrid etc.  :015:

If Rooney makes the club that sort of money during his career (which is more than likely) then he it is a sound investment, Shevchenko will give Chelsea 2 more seasons (if he is lucky) before he is punted or retires and there is no chance of him making his club anywhere near what was paid.

But that isn't why he was signed though (commercial reasons) was it? He was signed to get the big goals for Chelsea and while he hasn't had a great season he has come up with some vital strikes e.g. v Valencia. If Chelsea were to go on and win the Champions League that goal in the Mestalla could repay his transfer fee. Same with Rooney and his strike v Milan.

Class is timeless and there is no doubting Shevchenko has it but he is running out of years and has been almost woeful at times this season.  Rooney has the class, is still young and matches any striker with his current form..... if you were a manager making a decision on which player to sign who would you sign?

Rooney has been just as garbage this season. If I wanted a proven goal scorer I would sign Sheva. If I wanted a creative forward I would sign Rooney. Bear in mind that Rooneys record at International level is appalling and his CL scoring record is nothing on Shevchenkos.

Because of Shevchenko's age he is never going to be as good as he once was, seems like a good comparison to me

You miss the point. It's not a level comparison because United haven't done anything recently of any note for a number of years. Sheva has done plenty up until last season and into this. It's not the same unless Shevchenko has been consistently under achieving for the last 9 years which he hasn't.

this is easily the most boring topic ive read in a long time.  are you actually arguing which of the 30 million pound players is worst

my honest opinion is that shevy has always been sh!te, used to watch him play about once a month on bravo and he'd hardly ever get into a shooting position or last 60 minutes....  that was over two seasons!  the standard of teams at the bottom of serie a is embarrassing these days, its no surprise he scored so many goals playing for milan

this is easily the most boring topic ive read in a long time.  are you actually arguing which of the 30 million pound players is worst

Yes!  :015:

my honest opinion is that shevy has always been sh!te, used to watch him play about once a month on bravo and he'd hardly ever get into a shooting position or last 60 minutes....  that was over two seasons!  the standard of teams at the bottom of serie a is embarrassing these days, its no surprise he scored so many goals playing for milan

Watford/Sunderland etc. are just as pap as some bottom of the league Serie A teams.

theres teams at the bottom of serie a just now who would struggle in scotland rig!  the standard at the bottom of the league there is the worst in all the big euopean countries

shev is still living off the reputation gained during his dynamo kiev days, i have never 'got it' with him, im not sure what type of player hes supposed to be.

From my time watching him in Serie A I think he is class though somewhat ball greedy.

I mind James Richardson telling viewers that he passes to Bierhoff once in every 9 chances he had a chance to  :015: