FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Coronavirus - Season on hold

tm4tj

41 minutes ago, CaleyCanary said:

All for rationing but a bit of ridiculousness at our local Co-op today  - popped in to buy 3 sandwiches for lunch to be told I can only have two, Co-op ruling only 2 items of any one product whatever it is. Explained there were three of us but they wouldn't budge, so bought two then Mrs Canary had to go in to get another. Bit of common sense required methinks.

Why restrict sandwiches?  Who on earth would want to horde them?!

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Good News is fantastic. If I had a dream about really Good News on top of this Good News it would be that Scotland's riches club by far, Celtic, donated a matching £1.5m to the SFA for distribution amongst other clubs. They are a great family club but putting a small sum back into the Scottish game would be absolutely honourable.

1 hour ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

The Good News is fantastic. If I had a dream about really Good News on top of this Good News it would be that Scotland's riches club by far, Celtic, donated a matching £1.5m to the SFA for distribution amongst other clubs. They are a great family club but putting a small sum back into the Scottish game would be absolutely honourable.

Thing is, we'd only be getting about £31k, and it's been said it wouldn't be distributed evenly, so we could either be handed a blessing or what feels like a middle finger in the face

6 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Thing is, we'd only be getting about £31k, and it's been said it wouldn't be distributed evenly, so we could either be handed a blessing or what feels like a middle finger in the face

I have often been highly critical of our football authorities but the stark reality is they cannot distribute money they don't have.

Some great reminders of games on the club’s twitter feed. 

Also the full cup final and a great one liner from Captain Carl “great to see the last 15 minutes for the first time”. 

Stay safe all and follow the guidance strictly. 

14 hours ago, Robert said:

Some great reminders of games on the club’s twitter feed. 

Also the full cup final and a great one liner from Captain Carl “great to see the last 15 minutes for the first time”. 

Stay safe all and follow the guidance strictly. 

Watched the Scottish Cup Final last night...fantastic, what a rollercoaster of game! Was so happy that I was there for the game.

Hopefully the Football Manager, CEO, Operations Manager, Stadium Manager, Commercial Manager, Safety Manager and any of the other growing number of managers at the club are leading by example and being the first to take a cut.

Heard on radio earlier that a lot of clubs are furloughing players and the SFA have given advice. Don’t know if we are or how many of ours earn more than the £2500 per month limit. Article said it could help to keep a lot of smaller clubs alive. 

Yes it would. Had plans to come up for that and spend a weekend in Inverness to celebrate with family. Had other plans too whilst up there. Sadly had to cancel the whole trip by heeding the Gov advice.....unlike some Royal twit...ahem!

39 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Yes it would. Had plans to come up for that and spend a weekend in Inverness to celebrate with family. Had other plans too whilst up there. Sadly had to cancel the whole trip by heeding the Gov advice.....unlike some Royal twit...ahem!

You have more sense than them Gringo 😏

6 hours ago, Gringo said:

I take it you're no longer of the view that this is just people making mountains out of molehills?

I can’t work out how to copy a post I’ve made on the serious discussion thread but today my best man is in isolation in Raigmore waiting for his test results. It just brings it home how close to all of us this virus is. 

Take care all and follow the advice. Don’t be complacent. 

There's a few people on here need to wake upnto just how nice and loyal most footballers are.  Guys like Tremarco, Warren, Raven etc. where/are the exception and it wasn't that long ago that we were being told that a sizeable number of the squad were refusing to extend contracts which would have offered them and the club a bit of security going forward.

Nowthere's an expectation that clubs keep players on in order to protect their income beyond the contract expiry dates?  Tell them all to do one and perhaps they'll learn the lesson that you reap what you sow.

A bit off topic but it is heartening to note the change of tone on this site in the last couple of weeks with posters, at least the great majority of them, being far more polite and respectful of one another with sarcastic, dismissive or aggressive responses to posts very much reduced and 'red dotting' almost non existent whilst healthy debate and polite disagreement is still able to continue.

It would be fantastic to think that we could continue in this vein once normal life is resumed.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj pinned this topic