FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

49 minutes ago, Robert said:

Is he the trialist wearing 18 today?

It looks like Walsh is away. His photo has gone from the wall next to the kiosk in the main stand. 

Tom Walsh on Sportsound this afternoon to talk about his injury woes 

54 minutes ago, Kind of Blue said:

Tom Walsh on Sportsound this afternoon to talk about his injury woes 

So we have to listen to Tom on the radio to get an update. 

Disrespectful that nothing has come as way of an update from the club from a player who has had two spells with us. 

Edited by Duke of Inverness
  • Agree 2

Totally agree about Tom,caught so much of it sounded like PFA have been a great support to the lad,2 Ict players have had to get further surgeries and club knew that they needed further treatment and I'm assuming Tom was left like Shane to further there treatment on there own if true the board should be ashamed,I get its buisness but hearing him speak and Craig Levin it reminds you how tough the injuries can have on players mental health.I wish him well in his recovery also Shanes

1 hour ago, Duke of Inverness said:

'Coloured'. Are you Alf Garnet? 🤣

Apologies if I was disrespectful in any way to the player. I was typing quickly whilst at the match so if I failed to be politically correct it was an oversight. 

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, Robert said:

Is he the trialist wearing 18 today?

Harry Lodovica

Played for Chelmsford City last season - 4 goals in 30 games

Signed for Aveley Town on June 7th, but unable to see why he's been sent straight out to another club.

From what I saw today, he's got a bit of pace and a physical presence, but seemed to lack confidence on the ball. The Chelmsford fans forum describes him as hit and miss and crap at headers...

Hopefully he comes good

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Joonya said:

Harry Lodovica

Signed for Aveley Town on June 7th, but unable to see why he's been sent straight out to another club.

From what I saw today, he's got a bit of pace and a physical presence, but seemed to lack confidence on the ball. The Chelmsford fans forum describes him as hit and miss and crap at headers...

Hopefully he comes good

4 goals in 30 games? 

Crap at headers. Jordan Whyte Mark 2!!

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Duke of Inverness said:

So we have to listen to Tom on the radio to get an update. 

Disrespectful that nothing has come as way of an update from the club from a player who has had two spells with us. 

Shocked and surprised that the club aren't keeping fans informed of the situation. So unlike them. 

• Funny 1

No he praised the PFA for helping him out never mentioned the club,the presenter and panel all talked about him being released also he said its another year recovery so something gone wrong with those two players during rehab I would have thought

Maybe chose to say nothing about the club to avoid any nonsense statements from Gardiner, which does nobody any favours, but does leave lots of questions, especially given the club's recent history with such things.

Or maybe the club have left the door open to him for a return after he recovers and he doesn't want to burn any bridges, but then you'd have expected some comment on him being well looked after?

As with most things ICTFC, who knows?

Edited by STFU

35 minutes ago, Marge1 said:

No he praised the PFA for helping him out never mentioned the club,the presenter and panel all talked about him being released also he said its another year recovery so something gone wrong with those two players during rehab I would have thought

Thing is we're left guessing about them. I appreciate confidentiality, but surely there should have been some update about them last season.  Even if it was only so we could wish them well on social media or something. 

They both may well have taken some heart from that from fans. 

Again, it's about ICT hierarchy looking uncaring about their people and fans. 

2 hours ago, Joonya said:

Harry Lodovica

Hopefully he comes good

Found this link which shows his career history bouncing around lower league clubs:

https://www.aylesburyunitedarchive.com/player/harry-lodovica 

12 hours ago, Duke of Inverness said:

Thing is we're left guessing about them. I appreciate confidentiality, but surely there should have been some update about them last season.  Even if it was only so we could wish them well on social media or something. 

They both may well have taken some heart from that from fans. 

Again, it's about ICT hierarchy looking uncaring about their people and fans. 

Hold on, let’s remember that the Club gave both players a years extension to their contracts, when the likelihood was they might not get back on the pitch in that season, that is hardly being unfair, given that iCT arent a rich club.

Obviously what we don’t know is the extent that either the Club or the players carry some sort of ‘medicare’ insurance cover for injuries and operations that are almost certainly going to be via private healthcare. I would imagine given the lower end of the pay scale that anyone playing in the Championship is on, a player relies heavily on the help the PFA can provide, who as the Player Union seem to provid little support on contracts [maybe non- payment and disputes but not negoiations], so it is good if the pFA have been able to help Walsh

I get the comment on the club’s communications skills…. A simple statement in good time addressing the contract situations of both players might have quelled some of the disquiet amongst some fans. It shouldn’t be difficult, and Gardiner has been adept at putting out long statements from time to time

Meanwhile, I’m delighted to see the signing of Adam Brook who sounds a promising addition, and without the injury history that is attached to many of our players

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

35 minutes ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Hold on, let’s remember that the Club gave both players a years extension to their contracts, when the likelihood was they might not get back on the pitch in that season, that is hardly being unfair, given that iCT arent a rich club.

Obviously what we don’t know is the extent that either the Club or the players carry some sort of ‘medicare’ insurance cover for injuries and operations that are almost certainly going to be via private healthcare. I would imagine given the lower end of the pay scale that anyone playing in the Championship is on, a player relies heavily on the help the PFA can provide, who as the Player Union seem to provid little support on contracts [maybe non- payment and disputes but not negoiations], so it is good if the pFA have been able to help Walsh

I get the comment on the club’s communications skills…. A simple statement in good time addressing the contract situations of both players might have quelled some of the disquiet amongst some fans. It shouldn’t be difficult, and Gardiner has been adept at putting out long statements from time to time

Meanwhile, I’m delighted to see the signing of Adam Brook who sounds a promising addition, and without the injury history that is attached to many of our players

Tom Walsh was not given an extension after injury.  He signed for 2 years in 2021.

Duke didn't say unfair, he said uncaring, and that was in reference to the club not demonstrating any public well wishes on the player.  Which is fair and accurate statement.

• Agree 1

On 7/8/2023 at 5:56 PM, Joonya said:

Harry Lodovica

Hopefully he comes good

Club considering a deal for Harry Lodovica - will play another match as a trialist in tomorrow's game v Nairn (source: Inverness Courier)

Edited by Joonya
  • Thank You 1

19 minutes ago, Joonya said:

Club considering a deal for Harry Lodovica - will play another match as a trialist in tomorrow's game v Nairn (source: Inverness Courier)

P&J article:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/5931676/caley-thistle-target-fourth-striker-as-trialist-gets-shot-at-nairn/

• tm4tj unpinned this topic