Jump to content

ICT v Raith Rovers 21 November (with 300 fans)


Recommended Posts

I can only imagine there must be some reason that the cameras on the A9 side can't be used for streaming games. What they would be I don't know but it's a question that's well worth asking the club because the difference in quality is night and day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Again off topic, sorry, but I’m reminded of when a female work colleague returned from an overnight business trip to Islay where she spent the evening in a pub sampling the local malts. ”I woke u

As someone who volunteered to assist with getting fans in, it's pretty poor stuff that someone should complain. Any process that checks your ticket, ID for track and trace and temperature is going to

That was a really good performance today. I know he gets pelters  but Brad McKay played really well today. Some of the neat interplay between Allardice, MacGregor, Kennedy and Keetings was lovely. Tho

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, RiG said:

I can only imagine there must be some reason that the cameras on the A9 side can't be used for streaming games. What they would be I don't know but it's a question that's well worth asking the club because the difference in quality is night and day.

The cameras on the A9 side can definitely be used for streaming games - I know because I commentated on one that was being streamed live as a test run last season. 

 

Have the club got some sort of agreement in place with the providers of the Pixellot system that requires them to use the camera for every live broadcast?

 

It's a shame because Andy and his team do an amazing job with the highlights and I expect would be able to put together a fantastic package for live coverage as well if given the opportunity.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent an email to the club on 26 October, following the Ayr United game, expressing my dis-satisfaction with the stream. In addition to the numerous technical issues with the live stream, I mentioned that I had watched the highlights of the game from Caley Jags TV, which was far superior to what I watched live on the Saturday. My question to the club then was, as the whole game would have been recorded by Caley Jags TV, could this platform can be used or adapted for live streaming purposes for the rest of our home fixtures.

Now 4 weeks on I have still not had a reply.

 

Edited by Row S
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

The cameras on the A9 side can definitely be used for streaming games - I know because I commentated on one that was being streamed live as a test run last season. 

Have the club got some sort of agreement in place with the providers of the Pixellot system that requires them to use the camera for every live broadcast?

It's a shame because Andy and his team do an amazing job with the highlights and I expect would be able to put together a fantastic package for live coverage as well if given the opportunity.

Cameras on west can definitely be used for streaming. Not sure about bandwidth etc but that can be increased if needed. 

No idea about contractual arrangements - but the reply from SPFL said something about "if the club choose to continue with the current system" so that tends to suggest they can ditch it or at worst have a get out clause due to technical inadequacy of the system.

Agree about the work that Andy (and others) do. Theres an old cliche that if something isn't broke why fix it and that's how I feel about the streaming versus pixxelot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I stand corrected on the equipment issue in which case it is even more bizarre that the camera(s) used for the highlights aren't used for the main game. We're getting a much poorer product in return.
 

And for @Row S not to have had a reply some 4 weeks after making contact with the club is also extremely poor.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scotty said:

I will just leave this one here for a second ..... and come back to it. 

 

So based on the response from Luca ... there was an issue with poor tracking initially and now an issue (albeit unforeseen) with the streaming technology but now that they have done some testing that they are "almost there". I am sorry but testing and QA come before production use of any product - or should, and we have repeatedly been told our club were slow off the mark because of extensive testing. So which is it? 

 

I agree with your assessment that the system has been flawed from the outset and quite frankly I am not sure why the club persevere with this obviously flawed product, or why they installed it in the first place - at what cost? - when they already had a viable solution in place from our last time in the Premiership.  It is telling that the highlights seem to come from the other side of the pitch where CaleyJags TV is filming the action and not getting caught out by baldy heads, streaming issues, or the next issue that will crop up soon which will be the low sun setting in the west in winter time .... Once again we seem to have spent money we dont have for something we dont need because we already have a solution in place.   

 

 

You are right Scotty!  I am no expert but if there was a problem with the streaming on Saturday it would have affected all trying to watch it but some that had paid for the service had access it just appeared to be season ticket holders that had the problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, RiG said:

I stand corrected on the equipment issue in which case it is even more bizarre that the camera(s) used for the highlights aren't used for the main game. We're getting a much poorer product in return.
 

And for @Row S not to have had a reply some 4 weeks after making contact with the club is also extremely poor.

He isnt alone sadly 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, IBM said:

You are right Scotty!  I am no expert but if there was a problem with the streaming on Saturday it would have affected all trying to watch it but some that had paid for the service had access it just appeared to be season ticket holders that had the problem.

And "switching you to a backup server" probably had nothing to do with the streaming, but gave you a way in which bypassed the usual user authenticaton. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Row S said:

I sent an email to the club on 26 October, following the Ayr United game, expressing my dis-satisfaction with the stream. In addition to the numerous technical issues with the live stream, I mentioned that I had watched the highlights of the game from Caley Jags TV, which was far superior to what I watched live on the Saturday. My question to the club then was, as the whole game would have been recorded by Caley Jags TV, could this platform can be used or adapted for live streaming purposes for the rest of our home fixtures.

Now 4 weeks on I have still not had a reply.

 

I also sent an email to Scot Gardiner on the 28th of October outlining the issues encountered with the initial stream and suggestions to resolve or improve them. To date I have had no acknowledgement let alone any reply. I tried tweeting him this week also to no avail. 

Woeful. Every time I think we as a club might be improving communication with the fans it just gets worse. Just keep giving us your money as we blunder on and ignore you! Shame as the lads on the pitch are doing a decent job. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also sent several messages (wasn't easy to find a way to contact club on website, I'm sure there used to be ail addresses but now there's just a submit comment type thing. Which wasn't easiest to find). 

 

Weeks later, no reply.  

 

Sent a further message which got a response.  Saying... 

 

Emails missed due to IT issues 😅😅. Seriously. Got to laugh. 

 

Sometimes I really do wish it was easy to change your football team as it was to change your car or supermarket or brand of trainers. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Scotty said:

Cameras on west can definitely be used for streaming. Not sure about bandwidth etc but that can be increased if needed. 

No idea about contractual arrangements - but the reply from SPFL said something about "if the club choose to continue with the current system" so that tends to suggest they can ditch it or at worst have a get out clause due to technical inadequacy of the system.

Agree about the work that Andy (and others) do. Theres an old cliche that if something isn't broke why fix it and that's how I feel about the streaming versus pixxelot. 

Done a back to back comparison of these cameras recently on a live stream. 

The west cameras streamed quality was much lower definition for the duration but the camera was zoomed in 200% more and tracked effectively. 

The autotracking and lack of zoom on pixielot was the major problem but clarity and definition much better.

So there did seem to be streaming issue with that feed. The ICTFC highlights later were glorious and sharp so definately a live stream issue at that time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moogthurso said:

Done a back to back comparison of these cameras recently on a live stream. 

The west cameras streamed quality was much lower definition for the duration but the camera was zoomed in 200% more and tracked effectively. 

The autotracking and lack of zoom on pixielot was the major problem but clarity and definition much better.

So there did seem to be streaming issue with that feed. The ICTFC highlights later were glorious and sharp so definately a live stream issue at that time. 

How did you manage to get to watch a game live on the west cameras, and how do the rest of us get to do so as well?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

The autotracking and lack of zoom on pixielot was the major problem but clarity and definition much better.

Have just seen that our problems with the follically-challenged assistant referee have made the hallowed pages of New Scientist magazine.  The current (21 Nov) issue carries a paragraph about it in the Feedback section at the end of the magazine.

One thing I hadn't appreciated - thought it's obvious with hindsight - was that a large part of the problem was that he was on the near side. So the angle of view from the camera made it appear as though his head was on the pitch - i.e. inside the touchline.  The implication is that things would have been better if he had been on the far side of the pitch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Not guilty M'Lud.

That's quite shocking and irresponsible. Surely there would be plenty Inverness based stewards to avoid rule breaking. Apart from anything else, there have been no sporting events with spectators in the Glasgow area in the last 9 months for them to have experience of stewarding during the pandemic. One of the stewards in the South Stand wasn't even wearing a mask and displayed no exemption badge.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really nice that one of our fans felt the need to go to the press, especially the Daily Record and, potentially land the club in bother. I would simply ask that fan why they did it other than to cause the club a problem. Not sure the club broke any laws however as travel for work is allowed.

Why we needed to get stewards from the Central Belt is another issue however.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Im actually far more annoyed that 300 fans didnt actually turn up on Sat than the stewards. 

Can the club not ask season ticket holders to apply for the ballot to prevent this? 

I was thinking this. We made fun of Ross County for not being able to shift 300 tickets and then we go and do the same. Was it because people weren't aware, didn't want to go or simply couldn't be bothered?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RiG said:

I was thinking this. We made fun of Ross County for not being able to shift 300 tickets and then we go and do the same. Was it because people weren't aware, didn't want to go or simply couldn't be bothered?

Mainstanders only having a max of 70 there is embarrassing. The odd person can have something crop up but if I couldn't make it I'd have let the club know in advance. That said it's probably beyond their wit to arrange a replacement person anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Mainstanders only having a max of 70 there is embarrassing. The odd person can have something crop up but if I couldn't make it I'd have let the club know in advance. That said it's probably beyond their wit to arrange a replacement person anyway. 

I think what you are trying to say is there are a lot of "odd" people in the main stand :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in the South Stand on Saturday and didn't encounter any cattle herding.  My guess is whoever complained objected to waiting in the rain and would rather the club had ignored Covid compliance and rushed everyone in. Bringing stewards up from Glasgow though wasn't the brightest idea. Could they not have used backroom staff? It's not as if there was likely to be any crowd trouble.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Club has been using Stewards from the South for some time as I’ve chatted with some last year, just passing the time of day, and they’ve said they are from the South of Scotland.  I presume there’s a contract involved.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lizi said:

I think the Club has been using Stewards from the South for some time as I’ve chatted with some last year, just passing the time of day, and they’ve said they are from the South of Scotland.  I presume there’s a contract involved.  

I am sure you are right lizi and the Stewards have to be trained and qualified which backroom staff would not be although I am sure they could do the job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Huisdean said:

Really nice that one of our fans felt the need to go to the press, especially the Daily Record and, potentially land the club in bother. I would simply ask that fan why they did it other than to cause the club a problem. Not sure the club broke any laws however as travel for work is allowed.

Why we needed to get stewards from the Central Belt is another issue however.

It’s inconceivable that it was an ICT fan, it’s someone with an axe to grind. An ICT fan would have expressed their concerns to the club, or maybe on this site, rather than circulating an anonymous and spiteful communication to various media outlets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. : Terms of Use : Guidelines : Privacy Policy