FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dods

Guest SPL_Jaggie

Guest SPL_Jaggie

After todays performance, although the sending off was harsh, should Dods sit on the bench for the rest of the season?

I think we could have a strong case for getting the red card overturned.  Also, I don't think you serve the suspension immediately so he may well still be available for next week regardless???

By all accounts Caff has been shakey in the last couple of games but he was solid today and showed very little that concerns me about him becoming an immediate replacement for Dods for the rest of the season.

There are equally justifiable arguments for and against and I think we'll just have to leave the decision up to CC on this one.

In all honesty, I believe that Dodds should be given at least a run out in the final home game of the season and then a substituion for Caff as a thank you for the years of service.  I don't feel bitter about him leaving - he has provided his reasons and wasn't offered the deal he wanted up here.

He has been a great servant to the club, and a brilliant captain.  All this hate just because he is leaving is unfounded really.

There seem to be people who believe that because he is leaving that he shouldn't play.  There is also a small element of the fans who believe he should be punted out now - I can only put this down to a supposed hatred of him because of his act.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

I heard a bit of the game on the radio yesterday, and they were raving about Caff. He usually seems to do well in the big games for some reason.

Perhaps he's only good with his back to the wall? Where the defending gets fluid and chaotic he can pull out last ditch tackles, blocks and interceptions as well as anyone at the club. But in the bread and butter games where we're not under much pressure he's useless. He has absolutly no positional awareness and couldn't mark a golf card.

He might make a better holding midfielder than a defender? He's more of an instict player than a tactical player. Put him in a position with a bit more freedom and he might blossom. And don't forget that he's an excellent passer of the ball.

Also, Duncan got man of the match playing at right back! He played out on the right under Pele and was one of our best players. Perhaps we should give him a run in that position? It'd be an interesting and worthwhile experiment...

Fraser

Duncan          Tokely          Munro          Hastings

McAffrey

Guest The Chieftain

With Caff playing so well yesterday, now would be the time to let him keep his place until the end of the season to enable us to build and Caff to form his old partnership with Grant for next season. It'd be a bit ironic that an undesrved (IMO) sending off ends Dods appearances for ICT, the same way an undeserved sending off for Caff (at Killie) gave him his opportunity in the first place! (remembering that Caff never got a sniff after that!).

Maybe it's that feckin' "Highland Curse" coming back to haunt Dodsy!!! :015:

Dods has been a model professional, and IMHO has been our best player over the last two years. But CC has to think about next season, and as Dods has pledged his allegence to the Arabs, CC should play Caff or who ever else he thinks will be part of our defence after the summer.

In all honesty, I believe that Dodds should be given at least a run out in the final home game of the season and then a substituion for Caff as a thank you for the years of service.  I don't feel bitter about him leaving - he has provided his reasons and wasn't offered the deal he wanted up here.

He has been a great servant to the club, and a brilliant captain.  All this hate just because he is leaving is unfounded really.

The way you are talking EWS you'd think he was due some kind of long service medal! A good solid defender but IMO he's not due anything from us other than the praise he gets on this site.

Thought the sending off was justified as from my view my first thought was " that's us down to 10 men" dods appeared to lead with his elbow.

Though caff as very good and wonder was it because he had to concentrate at all time against rangers, against dunfermiline he seemed to loose concentration a couple of times.  caff is bound to be a bit rusty and it would do no harm to play him until the end of the season.

It would be nice to see dods back as he has been a good servant to our club and has given his all, i am sure he also appreciates what ICT have done for him, but is there room for this kind of sentiment of playing one last game to say goodbye to the fans , as i think next season could be our hardest one yet?

I think Caff should be given the role for the rest of the season so that he can establish himself again.  It will also give CC a chance to see how he does over a few games, so that he can decide if he needs to look for a Dods replacement in the summer.  Having said that though, Dods has been a great player for us, and although it is a shame for him to end his career with us in this way, we must think of the future.

Fully agree with what's being said here. This is a great opportunity to see if a Munro-Caff partnership will work for next season. I have my doubts about Caff, mainly becase we've conceded so many goals every time he's started this season.

Having said that, he deserves a chance to show he can form an understanding with Granty. 

No hard feelings towards Dodds at all.