FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ross morrison chairman

Stephen Malkmus

Why not, he is in the second highest position in the club hierarchy and is fair game to criticise if fans so choose. If he doesn’t like it or can stand the heat, he has the luxury to hand it over to someone else!
bc

Edited by big cherly

Just now, big cherly said:

Why not, he is in the second highest position in the club hierarchy and is fair game to criticise if fans so choose. If he doesn’t like it or can stand the heat, he has the luxury to hand it over to someone else!
bc

He’s actually in the highest position.

He chairs the Board. The CEO reports to the Board. The Board appoints the CEO and should be holding him to account.

The Board ought to set the policies and priorities that the CEO then takes forward with the other club staff.

• Well Said 2

2 hours ago, big cherly said:

bc

If you recall before morrison came in we had a rapid series of chairmen coming and going, as if nobody really wanted it. 

I suspect this is still the case, if he were to resign tomorrow then I guess the position is yours if you want it.

• Agree 1

Says it all really Satan, what a sorry state we are in when we’re so crap the chairman is immune from criticism or has no fear of any challenge to his position cause no one would touch it with a barge pole.  
Doesn’t fill me with much enthusiasm when it comes round to him assessing the Trust match experience survey recommendations. 
Hay Ho, least we won the Snecky Cup! 
bc

3 minutes ago, big cherly said:

Says it all really Satan, what a sorry state we are in when we’re so crap the chairman is immune from criticism or has no fear of any challenge to his position cause no one would touch it with a barge pole.  
Doesn’t fill me with much enthusiasm when it comes round to him assessing the Trust match experience survey recommendations. 
Hay Ho, least we won the Snecky Cup! 
bc

Solution is easy. You just need to invest a chunk of cash, say £1m and you can appoint your own Chairman.

We are in a sorry state and the fact is there are people behind the scenes who have had to put their hands in their pockets to keep the club afloat. Wrong decisions get made when you’re between a rock and a hard place.

On the park we are suffering from an average set of players and average coaches. One of these need to be improved to move forward and both have a potential cost impact.

Have to say however that the current approach of alienating the support seems unlikely to be helpful 

Reap what you sow. 
Trouble is what will be left of the club could be an empty husk when this lot move out! My fear is a Thames Water type comparison is lurking in the background. High wages to a select cliche and running debt catches up. An invidious position.
You seem to be close to the know, so maybe you can advise how much of the cup run money went on paying of debt and the current team? 

As a supporter of the team(s) long before the merger, I can simply say I have never felt so alienated from the club and don’t know if I truly want to watch the ship burn and sink further! 
bc

Edited by big cherly

4 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Knew I'd seen some 'discussions' on here before with Ross Morrison aka 'sheep slagger'. Page 3 for his direct email and toys from the pram moment when challenged on funding & spending strategy.

Really interesting reading that back (and my own replies lol), still sadly waiting on OCG taking charge. 

Also sad that a thread from early 2019 is going on about wasteful spending on positions that contribute or generate nothing, lack of communication, lack of interaction with fans, getting kids involved and so on. 

Here we are 4.5 years later 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

On 2/26/2019 at 12:56 PM, sheepslagger said:

Personally I don't have an ego that needs boosted and I m pretty sure none of the others do either but if you think you can do a better job by all means get in touch . My email.is ross.morrison@ictfc.co.uk

I do this for nothing.  I've put a bloody fortune into our club to keep it going so glib remarks like that **** me right off. 

Get Dodds and Gardiner sacked now @sheepslagger They're taking the pîss out of you.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ross morrison needs to start now and sort out this continuous mess that the club is in or ship out  Blame does lie on him being chairman . He  has the final say in running the club with the  decisions made by CEO Scott Gardiner and sporting director John Robertson in the running of this club . 8 games now and no win . ‘Unbelievable statistics’ Why are you just carrying on like nothing is happening ? . You’re fuking up the club between you. Loyal supporter ? My arse no loyal supporter behaves like this . 

• Well Said 3

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

In the Club statement announcing Dodds' sacking, the Club stated "We have great plans for the club as we head towards our 30th year."

Would the Chairman kindly tell us what these plans are?

Arranging some activities for the 25th anniversary? (Yeah I know that was the Yvonne Crook banter years) 🤣

Maybe it's the unveiling of the glorious battery farm? Or possibly a guided tour of the Cromarty Firth freeport if you buy a Battle of the Boyne commemorate top!