• Gary Locke
    • Scott Brown
    • Kevin Thompson
    • Ian McCall
    • Garry Warren
    • Ross Tokely
    • Jim McIntyre
    • Someone else

Not sure if a newer list is online anywhere - closest I can come is 2020 list - but lets start with a coach who already has their UEFA PRO license or is working on it now. 

2020-2022 list: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/uefa-pro-licence-lineup-announced/

Heart says some combo of the likes of Warren/Tremarco/Tokely/Esson would be great, but we just sacked another club legend and that doesn't feel great. Barry Wilson's playing record and achievements on the park will always be there but his role as an assistant to Dudds will always give it that little asterisk against his name. 

I punted for someone else, that being Carl Tremarco. He has been gaining a lot of Premier experience at County, he is part of the coaching squad on match days, and might be wanting to stretch his wings. One of the downsides is he is probably on a good wage at County, and there might be compensation need. It's just another name into the ring.

What we need right now is a strong experienced head who will get the best from the players, protect them to allow confidence to be regained and not take any nonsense/interference from above. 

Unfortunately, there's not a hope in hell that our current CEO/Chairman are going to employ anyone other than another buddy/yes man.  They're certainly not going to risk employing a manager that might call them out on the BS way they're running the place.

39 minutes ago, STFU said:

What we need right now is a strong experienced head who will get the best from the players, protect them to allow confidence to be regained and not take any nonsense/interference from above. 

Unfortunately, there's not a hope in hell that our current CEO/Chairman are going to employ anyone other than another buddy/yes man.  They're certainly not going to risk employing a manager that might call them out on the BS way they're running the place.

I think you are right with your thoughts STFU but I have my fingers crossed for something better. 

50 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Darren O'Dea being touted in press now. Apparently a coach at Celtic 

O'Dea was captain at Toronto FC for a while. Great leader on the park, a fan favourite, and apparently a pretty decent bloke off the field. Not sure where he is at with coaching badges but looking at his coaching career with Motherwell then Celtic U18s and now Celtic B then he might be a better candidate than some.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

This might be who we are looking for but it’s a risk. The usual names banded around like Ian McColl who I am not keen on was on Off The Ball on Sunday saying he was finished his gardening leave (money in the bank) and Tam Cowan joking that Billy Dodds can’t go back to the BBC as they had their quota of ex Rangers players 🤣

On 9/19/2023 at 7:46 PM, old caley girl said:

Well we now know Robbo and Charlie Christie out of running. 

It's very interesting to read what the CEO said to the Courier.  There was no suggestion that Robbo and Charlie are not interested in the post on a permanent basis, it was simply that they wouldn't be considered.  Gardiner is quoted as saying "They are 100 per cent interim. They both have very important jobs, so they know that's what they are going to do."  It would appear, therefore, that even if one of them wanted the job and was a better candidate than any outsider applying, they would not be considered because they are currently doing a job at the club which is, apparently, more important than being 1st team coach!  That really is the most crass statement I've heard for a long time.

• Agree 4

50 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

It's very interesting to read what the CEO said to the Courier.  There was no suggestion that Robbo and Charlie are not interested in the post on a permanent basis, it was simply that they wouldn't be considered.  Gardiner is quoted as saying "They are 100 per cent interim. They both have very important jobs, so they know that's what they are going to do."  It would appear, therefore, that even if one of them wanted the job and was a better candidate than any outsider applying, they would not be considered because they are currently doing a job at the club which is, apparently, more important than being 1st team coach!  That really is the most crass statement I've heard for a long time.

Could you imagine the uproar from our support if the CEO appointed Robertson when everyone wants him gone? He’s just looking to cover his own back with this one I think.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

• tm4tj pinned this topic
8 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Does it really matter when we still have the present hierarchy ??

If we can get a manager/coach/wizard to get a tune from this squad and pull us out if the hole we are in, then no.

Removing the hierarchy - board/ceo/sporting director - is indeed a topic/post/challenge for another day.

If we don't sort the problem on the park then relegation and part time status will accelerate the reform process anyway.

I think some will actually welcome that scenario. 

On 9/20/2023 at 8:14 PM, DoofersDad said:

It really says a lot though DD, and maybe we need other or new board directors and the fans to think a bit more deeper than we previously did about whether this individual’s performance and stewardship as CEO to date deserves to continue to use the position, powers and authority which will affect the next 2 to 3 seasons, particularly on the park.

Sometimes you don’t see the slow continued decline (as we’re all wrapped up in it) of our club, until a main event like relegation occurs, but there is no doubt in my mind we haven’t stopped, never mind reversed, the decline under SG.

Does the club really deserve any better?

bc

Edited by big cherly
  • Agree 1

Born in Dublin, O'Dea played for Home Farm before he was signed by Celtic as a teenager.[1] After making his way through the reserves and academy side, he made his first-team debut for Celtic in the Scottish League Cup against St Mirren in September 2006.[2] A month later, O'Dea made his league debut against Inverness Caledonian Thistle,................................

It seems that Ryan Esson has thrown his hat in the ring for the Manager's job.  I think we could do worse than give him a shot till the end of the season, with an extension if he earns it.

He already knows the players, is one of the most qualified coaches in the country, and has been performing well with the U18s.  He also wouldn't cost us anything on the compensation front and if Kellacher becomes his assistant, then we could also save a wage or two over bringing in a new management pairing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, STFU said:

It seems that Ryan Esson has thrown his hat in the ring for the Manager's job.  I think we could do worse than give him a shot till the end of the season, with an extension if he earns it.

He already knows the players, is one of the most qualified coaches in the country, and has been performing well with the U18s.  He also wouldn't cost us anything on the compensation front and if Kellacher becomes his assistant, then we could also save a wage or two over bringing in a new management pairing.

My only worry is that we ruin  the reputation of another legend? However he might have applied himself? 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, old caley girl said:

My only worry is that we ruin  the reputation of another legend? However he might have applied himself? 

If he has applied, then that's on him.  I wouldn't advocate for him being pressured into taking it for the reason you give.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj changed the title to Duncan Ferguson & Who was in the running
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic