• Scott Brown
    • Kevin Thompson
    • Ian McCall
    • Garry Warren
    • Ross Tokely
    • Jim McIntyre
    • Someone else

21 hours ago, Broonerz said:

Given Scott Brown couldn’t settle in Aberdeen, I have my doubts he would settle in Inverness.

Not the way we should go IMO, but what do I know.

Wasn't that more to do with his incompatibility with Jim Goodwin?

I think Broonie could do a decent job.

He'd certainly inject some passion into the team and it might be a good platform to progress to the job he really wants!

Of course going for Broonie would be more popular with the ICT/Celtic fans than the ICT/Rangers ones.

Pure ICT fans might be more positive about his potential appointment.

Player/manager maybe!

Edited by buckett
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, buckett said:

Wasn't that more to do with his incompatibility with Jim Goodwin?

I think Broonie could do a decent job.

He'd certainly inject some passion into the team and it might be a good platform to progress to the job he really wants!

Of course going for Broonie would be more popular with the ICT/Celtic fans than the ICT/Rangers ones.

Pure ICT fans might be more positive about his potential appointment.

Player/manager maybe!

ICT/Celtic and ICT/Rangers fans are pathetic. 

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 1

From a personal perspective, to have Scott Brown as our next manager would be quite an achievement. I never really liked him as a layer but his career has moved on. Interestingly, he signed a new 2 year contract shortly before he was sacked by Fleetwood after they made a very poor losing start to the season. They remain second botton to Cheltenham who have yet to score a league goal after 9 games! So he would feel very much at home here in the Highlands but with him being back in Scotland the Inverness players would be bursting a gut to start getting results again. 

• Agree 2

56 minutes ago, ICTPaisley said:

ICT/Celtic and ICT/Rangers fans are pathetic. 

I would say that, although most would deny it, the majority of ICT fans have either a Celtic or Rangers bias.

This is pretty much a fact of life among Scottish football fans, and there's not a lot we can do about it - we just have to accommodate it.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Funny 1

Scott Brown must have family/friends in the area as he's been spotted in Inverness many times over the years, and not just when playing here, so I'm not reading much into these initial rumours.

He was a thug and a bully as a player, but that's not a reputation that seems to have followed him into coaching.

• Agree 3

20 hours ago, TheCaleyOne said:

I would love someone like him just for the contacts he has. We need someone that can attract players to come up here like he did.

I'd actually love to see TB as the Director of Football (or sport or whatever the hell they call it). 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Being an Ipswich Town Season ticket holder I know that Terry Butcher is part of a show called Life’s a pitch (was a local bbc radio show but been cut) and that is done every week talking to members of past Ipswich squads or current ones. I’m guessing he will be at PR most Saturdays.

3 hours ago, buckett said:

I would say that, although most would deny it, the majority of ICT fans have either a Celtic or Rangers bias.

This is pretty much a fact of life among Scottish football fans, and there's not a lot we can do about it - we just have to accommodate it.

I see Dougal forgot to switch accounts. 

• Funny 1

It really is sad that the job specification from the Board is that you need to me an erse licker to get the job whilst the fan base are looking for somebody with backbone who will stand up to them. Oh how I wish that it could be based on coaching ability, man management and style of football. As I have said before I dont think that it will make any difference as to who is appointed as the individuals with most influence at this club simply dont really give a toss. But I wager it will be somebody with the initial specification OR it is given to CC and Esson with Robbo overseeing !!

• Agree 1

Been told there is meant to be an appointment later. Rumours seem to suggest we've moved away from the early front runners which is a relief. Of course that could be a load of puff. We really need to get this appointment right though. No time to waste and get our season turned round.

12 minutes ago, RiG said:

Been told there is meant to be an appointment later. Rumours seem to suggest we've moved away from the early front runners which is a relief. Of course that could be a load of puff. We really need to get this appointment right though. No time to waste and get our season turned round.

"Moved away from early front runners" as in, they all rejected our advances?

• Agree 1

Heard there's a guy available who got to the Scottish Cup final last year with a championship club and season before narrowly missed our on promotion via the play offs. International caps and domestic trophy winner as a player.

On paper seems like the sort of manager who could be quite a coup?

• Funny 2

19 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Back on topic Darren O'Dea has pulled out after deciding we werent for him. 

Don’t know enough about his coaching credentials or results to say if he would have been any good. 
The fact he wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole after he did some simple research or speaking to some ‘people’, raises my respect for him and thinking he might have been a promising young manager to take us forward! #

Maybe, just maybe, the jungle drums of the ICT online forum reaches places SG, RM and others in the board don’t want to ‘get-out’. Maybe we can after all put some pressure on this crock of underperforming jerks!

# wouldn’t surprise me if Sir Roy sniffed about ODea if MM moves on.

bc

Edited by big cherly

I'd take Brown in a heartbeat.

He did pretty well in his first season at Fleetwood - they were expected to go down from League One but finished comfortably mid-table.  A year and a bit is an above average length of tenure in the English Football League these days. I imagine he got a decent pay-off from them (which may be dependent on him not finding a new job immediately) so I'd be impressed if he was willing to take a big step down (and English League One to Scottish Championship really is a big step down) to join us.

Having an ex-Celtic and Scotland captain as manager has the potential to be a decent pull for players (like when we had an ex-Rangers and England captain as manager). I assume he has some pretty decent contacts out there for recruiting players as well.

He would be a far more ambitious appointment than I would have believed we could pull off a fortnight ago.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

21 minutes ago, big cherly said:

Don’t know enough about his coaching credentials or results to say if he would have been any good. The fact he wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole after he did some simple research or speaking to some ‘people’, raises my respect for him and thinking he might have been a promising young manager to take us forward! #

I believe he would have been good for us and will be a good manager for someone soon as he works his way through the coaching ranks gaining experience.

Kind of sad he wouldn't look at us due to the shitshow surrounding us at senior levels. He was thought highly of at Toronto FC as a player and as a fan favourite. I think he would be a good motivator and whoever comes in really has to motivate this group of players to perform at their best if we are to climb the table and reach mid table obscurity as a season goal! Would also have been cool (for me at least) to have that Toronto FC and Caley Thistle link when I go to TFC games or when at ICT on trips home 🙂   

• tm4tj changed the title to Duncan Ferguson & Who was in the running
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic