FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Singing Section in North Stand

MacBandy

a section in the centre of the north section should just be cleared for singers. it needs to be in the north stand so the songs can spread to others who dont really sing ect. . if we are out in main stand section a we are isolated and it will always be the same ones who go there and sing.yes, section a was good fun and it was a much needed start and was a success to a certain extent but if we want a singing section to go on to bigger and better things it has to be in a central area of the north stand

Guest loyal_army

Perhaps the supporters trust could look at getting a roof added as one of it's projects.

i heard it would cost more to put roofs over the main stand  wings than actually putting in a new stand oppisite the main stand due to the complexity of it... hard to believe i know, but i just wouldnt c caley going down that road - just no point  :007:

furthermore, it has to be centre of the north stand, just has to be - its the best place for it!! we would get more people joining in!!

i think if a singing section was to be made in the north stand it would have to be near the goals thats been the main singing area from back in the days of terracing and where most of the atmosphere is created anyway. also being in the centre of the stand it could spread to the fans at either side .

the problem is still season ticket holders not wanting to move from that sections.

It's not a problem is it? They don't have to move? They can join in, they can keep quiet. The only difference is that if it is a singing section they can't complain about the noise.

But, there again, is there anywhere where you are not allowed to sing?

So if loads of people anywhere decided to sing clean, non abusive songs could anybody nearby complain?

So if all singers just take up all the spare seats in block F this year does this not - de facto - become a singing section regardless?

The club did state in last week's programme that the "Section A" singing section was a trial run and, if successful, it would lead to a more permanent singing section in the North Stand next season.  Nobody can argue against the success of the scheme(minus the stewards) and so the only questions that are left now is if the club has the bottle to go through with such plans and, if so, where abouts it should be located. 

My vote is going for behind the goal...