FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Singing Section in North Stand

MacBandy

Haven't got a clue if it is possible to do or not but......

I think those who make the noise are stalwarts and add greatly to the atmosphere at the club. We missed their Leadership in the centre of the North stand on Sat despite the noise they made in the open end.

Now, as the North Stand as a whole make far more noise than the main stand, but obviously need the leadership of the singers/drummers to get going and as having a stand over you increases the volume.....

Can we not get a singing section in the centre of the North stand (i.e. traditional place for the atmosphere) for the whole of next season?

Season ticket holders are the issue here....

Most of the singers are, I suspect season ticket holders for the central area of the North stand anyway, any season ticket holders there who object to the singing will ,I think, be few (and probably already have chosen to sit somewhere else).

Make it clear now that X number of seats in say Block F at the back are singing only until either all used up by season tickets or by X date and you'll get singers booking them and those who are singing followers (i.e. will join in but don't have the bottle to start it - i.e. me!) happy to sit near there.

The main stand can continue to rustle their werthers and some others in the main stand might be tempted to join us in the North stand.

I know the open stand area is, in effect, the centre of the entire home fan base and so could be considered to be the best place to make singing contagious but I think you are flogging a dead horse with most of the main stand.

Needs the club to have the guts to act but the result would be:

A concentration of those who lead the singing

Surrounded by those who would join in

Under an amplifying roof

behind a goal

With the exception of standing up it's almost like the old days........

I wish but sadly it will never happen. Just as behind the goals was the place for atmosphere at Telford Street and also behind the goals at the TCS when there was terracing it is behind the goals now that a lot of people want to sit/stand/squat for that reason. However people also want to sit there for the view and I doubt they will give up their seats (and that's perfectly fair).

I am sure I read/heard that there was a chance of a singing section next year in the North Stand but someone would need to confirm?

Well just build on where the lads currently are and inform those renewing that they have the good fortune to be in the middle of the singing section. If they are unhappy about that to where would they like to move?

I sit near there and I don't think you would have any hassle. Thing is if we label it a singing area those who want to make noise will start to gravitate towards it and those that don't will disperse.

Natural Selection.

Guest theflamehaired1

Singing section = good plan.

It doesn't matter where it is.

...But away from the rain might be nice...

I think that the singing section should stay in section A.

That way you can have your normal place, with a ticket and then go and choose to go to the singing section.

As this area does not have season ticket holders in place there is no problem with moving them.

Also the singing section should be fluid, that is that you do not have a specific seat, you should just be able to hang out with your friends if you wish.

I for one would like to meet up and sing with people sometimes, but at other times would like to rustle sweets :023:

I think that the singing section should stay in section A.

That way you can have your normal place, with a ticket and then go and choose to go to the singing section.

As this area does not have season ticket holders in place there is no problem with moving them.

Also the singing section should be fluid, that is that you do not have a specific seat, you should just be able to hang out with your friends if you wish.

I for one would like to meet up and sing with people sometimes, but at other times would like to rustle sweets :023:

agreed i think i changed seats about 4 or 5 times on saturday simply because i was fee to wonder where i pleased

i agree with everything that macbandy has said apart from th putting it in section F of th main stand. i think if we want to be somewhere where we would be allowed to stand it would have to be out of th way from the other/majority of fans. i.e. like where we were on saturday.

but section A is kinda useless cause we did get drenched and a roof would amplify th noise. i would suggest sections A, B or C of th north stand as a potential singing section because not many people usually sit there and so we won't be annoying th people who would prefer 2 sit.

Perhaps the supporters trust could look at getting a roof added as one of it's projects. It's for the fans, helps the club and will improve atmosphere if used as a singing section - I.e. it ticks all the boxes.

yee that would probably the wisest option but i really can't see th club building a roof because it would cost money. and we all know wat this club is like when it has to pay money for th stadium. an unfinished main stand and tin shed stands behind th goals

If the club are serious about improving the atmosphere then the singing section should be behind the goals, that's where it has always been and that's where it should continue to be IMO.  Everyone seems to have the opinion that we, the singers, should be the outcasts and sit at the sides where we are not going to bother anyone, if we are going to make an impression on the rest of the fans and improve the atmosphere we should be in the centre where we can make an improvement on the stadium!  Look at the Kop in Anfield, it is one of the greatest achievements in football and has produced 'the best fans in the world' (apart from Celtic obviously :rolleyes02: )

If the club clearly state, when selling season tickets for nxt season, "secton F (?) is a designated singing section for this season, if you would like to be part of this area please feel free to renew your tickets, if not, can I recommend section A, B, C, D etc." I can't see many people having a problem with that, if anything I'm sure fans would be encouraged that the club are making positive strides to improve the atmosphere

sections A & B in the north stand are existing family sections, so I don't think that's an option!

The family section is at the other side of the stand sections j k or sumin. Dont think season tickets are sold for a and b or if there is there is not to many. could easily have singing section as back of those sections in north stand

Harry Chibber is spot on. Why put the singers farthest away from anybody in A, B, or C? That makes it more difficult to catch on with the remainder. Also. as somebody who sits in G I don't think there would be much objection from anybody who already sits in E, F, G. I know the people around me join in or at least dont object to the singing. We all around that area know that most of the singing comes from E, F already. Although we always get a few C.A.L.E.Y chants coming from around C (So we know they will join in).

There is very little bad language from the singers (occassional stuff and I would hope that could be ever reduced) and I have never heard a racist or abusive chant from the singers.  As traditionally, the world over, the noise comes from behind the goal who could object?

I think provided the club word it as Harry says above it won't be a problem.

Would you honestly give up your seat though that you have had for the past x number of seasons though? I think some would but I don't think all of the fans who currently sit there would do.

The essence of my point is that few would want to move anyway.

I don't know how to say it more clearly.

If you have chosen to sit for years in what is already the noisiest part of the (albeit generally quiet) stadium. Why would making it formally the singing section change your mind?

And if it does, if there are a very few who disagree... tough!! Seriously, I mean it! It's a football match not the Kirk and there are plenty of quiet seats with great views in the main stand.

Charlie wants more atmosphere,

the players want more atmosphere,

the vast majority of the fans want more atmosphere,

the club 'says' it wants more atmosphere

the singers are providing the leadership

the best place is behind the goal in the North stand

Covered, acoustics, central,where the singers usually are

it's already the noisiest place anyway

It's a no brainer!

The essence of my point is that few would want to move anyway.

I don't know how to say it more clearly.

If you have chosen to sit for years in what is already the noisiest part of the (albeit generally quiet) stadium. Why would making it formally the singing section change your mind?

And if it does, if there are a very few who disagree... tough!! Seriously, I mean it! It's a football match not the Kirk and there are plenty of quiet seats with great views in the main stand.

Charlie wants more atmosphere,

the players want more atmosphere,

the vast majority of the fans want more atmosphere,

the club 'says' it wants more atmosphere

the singers are providing the leadership

the best place is behind the goal in the North stand

Covered, acoustics, central,where the singers usually are

it's already the noisiest place anyway

It's a no brainer!

I admire your positive stance on this matter and your desire to see this happen but in doing so the club risk alienating some fans. Would they be prepared to do that? Section F and others behind the goals are popular for many reasons, singing being just one.

It would be interesting if the club put out a tentative letter to gauge opinion on possible shifting of fans - would people be prepared to do so if it helped the atmosphere - in the next couple of weeks before they start trying to market season tickets.

It would be interesting if the club put out a tentative letter to gauge opinion on possible shifting of fans - would people be prepared to do so if it helped the atmosphere - in the next couple of weeks before they start trying to market season tickets.

they are already shifting fans in the main stand family section to the north stand. is this a good enough test?

It would be better behind the goals in F or G, however there might be a few objections from 'quieter' fans, my seat is in section G and i would welcome the singing section in there somewhere.

I think the players do appreciate us trying to make more of an atmosphere.

they are already shifting fans in the main stand family section to the north stand. is this a good enough test?

Why are they shifting people from the Main Stand? What's happening there?

EDIT: Screwed up the quote code.