FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dargo...the saga continues

Alex MacLeod

I don't think it's too unreasonable for him to be telling the press to do one whilst he is on holiday.

However, I personally think ICT have come across as far too desperate to get him to resign and he's using that to buy himself as much time as possible to see if a better offer comes in.

Is he worth bothering about? Probably, but he's playing a risky game (he should ask Hastings) and if he keeps delaying then he may wake up one morning to find that we have found an alternative and he no longer has an offer on the table from us.

according to most media sources however Dargo's contract expired last friday, he was back from holiday on the Sunday and would make his mind up on the Monday or Tuesday. Now it seems like he's not going to make his decision for another 4 days. 4 days isnt a lot but it seems to have been going on forever. One week we hear that he's going to make his mind up at the end of this week, then it changes to the week after and then the week after and so on.

Fair enough to give the guy time to think about and discuss his future with family etc but i think ICT have been more than fair in allowing him so much time in coming to a decision, or waiting for other offers to come in  :tic01:

I for one would love to see Dargo stay as he has been a vital part of the team however in the interest of ICT it surely to ascertain if he really wants to stay, if so get him signed up, if not get the finger out and look for a new striker to replace him. Time is of the essence at this time of the year for clubs, the sooner we know who's staying or not the sooner we can prepare for next year without missing out on too many available players.

When I go on holiday I put work right to the back of my mind.

The last thing I want is people phoning from/about work, so I can sympathise with him.

Quite Finmack....what is more important, securing your job or getting a feckin suntan?

Yes, I agree I wouldn't want to be contacted by my work either whilst on my holiday but if my livelihood depended on it then it's a different story.

The last thing I want is people phoning from/about work, so I can sympathise with him.

Main difference is...........you know you got a job to go back to on the monday morning! I think the club has showed weakness over this whole saga. He has taken the ****, as he has had about 4-5 "deadlines" which have come and gone. He has had  6+ months to have decided what to do. Call his bluff and force his hand

I don't think that either the player or the club can be faulted, what use would a public ultimatum serve ?

It would bring an end to the saga and finally let the club know if they have to replace Dargo or not!

My understanding is that he has told the press to back off, not the club.  For all we know their could be amicable agreement between the club and Dargo that he has till next Monday to make his mind up.  Still think he's playing a dangerous game but that's his choice at the end of the day.

Main difference is...........you know you got a job to go back to on the monday morning! I think the club has showed weakness over this whole saga. He has taken the ****, as he has had about 4-5 "deadlines" which have come and gone. He has had  6+ months to have decided what to do. Call his bluff and force his hand

:clapping03:

The question is - do we need Dargo more than he needs us?

The way the club are playing it then you would think so - this ***** footing around would never have happened when Sutherland was at the helm as he took no chit from anyone.  We, as fans, may have disagreed with his approach on occasion but it served us well over the longer term.

If Dargo is taking the p!ss then it's because he has been allowed too and you can't really blame the guy for stretching it out if he is being given the opportunity - I would do the exact same thing in his position, it's a dog eat dog world and you have to look after number one.

Again, I still think he's playing dangerous games....yadda yadda yadda.

We dont actually have any facts to go on. Only the written press. Whats true or not, who knows? Maybe he's already given a verbal that he's staying and just waiting on the right time to go public. Personally I hope that is the case.

Comments on this thread, in general, are being supportive towards Dargo well heres something else to think about.......suppose ICT have there eye on a replacement in the event Dargo goes. Someone who could easily fill the guys boots and at the right price. ICT decide they will wait for Dargo's decision. Eventually Dargo decides to tell us he aint staying. In the meantime the other guy has got fed up waiting to secure his future and signs for someone else.

Personally I think this whole saga smells of unprofessionalism.