FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster Vs Warnock

kencar

Who would you prefer as your next manager?  

480 members have voted

1. 1.

• Craig Brewster
    • Neil Warnock

Dont think the ' Does'nt know Scottish football' stands much weight, Burley hadnt played/managed here before and it didnt stop him doing alright.

Not really sure who i would want as boss mind... Prefer Robbo to Brew, not Pele nor Malpas, Williamson? nah.. so feck knows, i hope Grassa etc knows.

Okay Warnock would be a big name for us, but I suspect we would only be a stop gap for him.  I know that Brewster would relish the chance to return and I don't think he would be so keen to jump ship again.  I say give him a second chance.

I hope you are all coming to the meeting tomorrow night to express your opinions

Guest WynessLegend

Ummm...point of note.  I know he wasn't/isn't manager but Donald Park came back!!!

As did other non-managers such as Barry Wilson, Dennis Wyness and Richard Hastings. All successfully.

I wouldn't mind either to be honest.

If Warnock is genuinely interested though, which it seems he is, and terms can be agreed, then he's the obvious choice.

Bags of experience, his contacts in the game must be huge, and having all ready played up here then he'll know what the basic set up is.

Infact, the more I think about it, the more I'd love to see Warnock here!!

How about a Warnock/Brew combination??

Looking at the stats Phill pulled up, Warnock's record is very impressive, especially considering he's never managed at a club expected to win the majority of their games. If he's serious about not caring too much about the salary, we've got to try to get him.

Another point I don't think anyone's made is that, having taken clubs through the lower leagues of England, he must be very very good on fitness (which is Brewster's only real advantage over the other candidates for me) - the English Championship is probably the physically toughest league in England and he got Sheffield Utd up in second place.

One concern though - would he want to move on a lot of our players? I still believe, even with all the speculation about things going on behind the scenes, that the mutual support and knowledge of each others' strengths among our players has been our greatest strength over the years. It would be a mistake to sacrifice that.

Warnock could easily move on to better things but not necessarily within two years-especially if he is successful at ICT. But you never know, a big **** on a small heap rather than the opposite ,a small **** on a big one, may prove attractive to him and he may get to love Inverness. You can speculate all you want ; careers can be short--go for it ICT :clapping03

ICT attracts headlines and controversy so Warnock could be the man. Great for putting excitement in the air for Inverness.Yesssssss!

Has flair and exciting football is what the fans are paying to see --provided the team can stay in the SPL. Crowds will come back in droves.

Very experienced Manager with lots of past Managerial posts in his bag,

unlikely to crack under pressure. :022:

Of the two others I prefer Robertson to Brewster since Robertson managed whereas Brewster's strengths were on the playing field and at his age his days must be numbered- I said days not years.

The comment about Robbo leaving another team only a short while after joining it as not being a good thing is right on --unless he has an agreement in place that he can go if a bigger team came calling in which place  his position in possibly accepting the ICT post is legitimate  and there is no fault attributable .

i feel brewster has had his chance and would warnock not maybe attract some good players from south of the border who could take us into the top 6 

Maybe just me, but I think that for quite some time we've had some good players capable of taking us into the top six. People will remember  that SFL Division One is no pushover and there's often not much difference between the bottom half of the SPL and the top half of SFL1 - and so on, down the divisions. Most will remember days in the SPL when we've outplayed so-called 'big' teams and looked like we were having a laugh at their expense. Almost everyone will recognise the commentator's standby - that the opposition were having a bad day - every time we've turned one of them over.

Almost everyone will remember, too, that apart from one magical spell when confidence was high - breeding confidence - we've had ups and downs in the SPL but rarely a sustained period of results. With an Arabesque turnover of managers, particularly ones who either don't know the players, don't like the players, or in some cases don't appear to know what a player looks like, I just think we need someone to stay for a couple of years and get the squad back to the state where they know what's what. With the possible exception of another centre back we have the playing staff - now let's have a strong manager who'll mould a team. And not one who starts every sentence with 'Um...'.

Remember that Stevie fella...?  :016:

I'd definitely go for Warnock. I think his biggest strength is motivating his team, and with the players we have we are more than capable of finishing 7th/8th/9th this season if they have the right attitude.

I don't think he'd use us as a stepping stone to a bigger club. He's 59 later this year, financially he'll be very comfortable by now, so I can't see him moving into another high pressure job in the Premiership or elsewhere. I get the impression that he and his wife would love to live up here for a few years, and if he was boss of the local SPL team at the same time, then that sounds like it would be the perfect job for him.

My initial response was to go for Brewster - thinking he would be capable of keeping ICT in the SPL....

I've now come round to the idea now that Warnock is a far more exciting prospect, and could very well lead us to a top 6 spot....  :022:

Either that or straight into Div 1....... :024:

Guest ictdave

It has to be warnock.  Brewster was here before and didnt really do anything but the get the team a lot fitter. has to be Warnock.

I hope both will be interviewed and considered.... but there are others who shouldn't be dismissed out of hand just yet....

Owen Coyle, Graham Rix, Mixu Pantyliner, Stephen Kenny......

If any of them are interested surely it would make sense to at least speak to them...?

Rix - Anyone but him, please... (Especially at a family club)

Although brewster did a very good job at inverness, i dont think its a good idea to take him back. He had a dismal time and dundee utd and with someone like warnock interested in the post i think we would be foolish not to appoint him. He brings tones of experience with him and i feel that the players would relish playing under such a well know manager. warnock would be my choice