FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster Vs Warnock

kencar

Who would you prefer as your next manager?  

480 members have voted

1. 1.

• Craig Brewster
    • Neil Warnock

I hope both will be interviewed and considered.... but there are others who shouldn't be dismissed out of hand just yet....

Owen Coyle, Graham Rix, Mixu Pantyliner, Stephen Kenny......

If any of them are interested surely it would make sense to at least speak to them...?

Guest samuelbarros

Warnock's got plenty of experience at a variety of clubs and now has a high profile after his time at Sheffield Utd. That high profile might help in attracting players north. Then again, his high profile was often relating to negative publicity.

I can't help but feel that, after having experienced life in the English Premiership and many years in the Championship, ICT is too small a club for him. As soon as a decent Championship jobs comes up this season, and his name is linked, will he be off? Then again, maybe he genuinely would like to live up here. I think he spent a lot of time living on a farm down in the West Country when manager at Sheffield, so perhaps likes the peace and quite.

I'd sooner have Warnock as we already know about Brew - he did fine but uninspiring to watch. Perhaps Warnock could get something extra out of the team. I'd be very surprised to see him come, though....I mean, next we'll be expecting to sign Romanian internationalists. Oh, hang on...

I did toy with the idea of including other names linked to the job but there were so many I just went for the 2 that seem to have been mentioned the most.

I prefer the "An overwhelming number of fans voted for Warnock over Brewster" aspect of only two names  :001:

I wouldn't have Warnock purely on the basis that I don't know how well he knows the Scottish game however I may be wrong and he may know loads of Scottish contacts etc for players that can do a job for us.  In saying that I think the squad we have is good despite our current position in the table.

Guest pompeyjags

dunno if its been said anywhere else but teletext has a quote from him along the lines of he would be interested if we contacted him... :symbol_question:

ive got to admit that yest i ruled out warnock saying he defo wouldn't come to us but now today after reading what he has said to the press i take it back.i also said i would love to see brewster but my vote has to go for warnock.he said the money ain't a problem and he wants to manage at an SPL team with a challenge...well we've certainly got 1 here.i would be sooooo happy if warnock came here.just think what prospects that holds for the clubs.wow!!bring it on!

Brewster would be a step backwards, he's a glorified fitness coach not a manager!.

Warnock is a must he would be everything this club needs, no nonsense, has a huge passion for the game, wants his club to do well and isn't afraid to speak the truth.

If there is indeed any player disharmony in the dressing room that would be sorted out, players would be put in their place and players would realise the truth hurts a lot of the time, But it would be for the better.

Downsides are of course his controversy, but it could also be a good thing, Referees come up to Inverness on a power trip and they would soon get told what their thought of which may end up being a good thing in the longterm as the SFA currently play a blind eye to these things, they might actually sit up and take some notice.

I'm sure Celtic and Rangers will get brought down a peg or two in the way they cheat their ways through every match, Warnock wont be afraid to point it out and wont let it drop as easily as some other managers may do.

If Warnock was to become the manager we would definitely be a top 6 team i think, we have the players to do it and he would get that out of them.

As for him maybe not knowing the Scottish game, Maybe not but he can learn and he'll more likely have more contacts in the game than Brewster for players and I'm sure if geography is a problem, Warnock would be able to sell the area better than Brewster to future transfer targets.

The final plus point over Brewster is, at least (unless I've missed something somewhere) Warnock has actually spoke about wanting the job! :021:

Can?t stand Warnock and don?t believe for a minute he would seriously consider the position.  Heaven forbid he was actually serious he?d last about five minutes before the toys came out the pram and he?d be off down the road. 

I?m a little surprised Blobby Williamson?s has not been mentioned in dispatches. Not a fan but he?s currently between jobs is he not.

A few stats google threw at me:

Neil Warnock

Scarborough - P78 W30 L23 D25 - 38.46% (win%)

Notts County - P209 W90 L70 D49 - 43.06%

Torquay United - P15 W5 L5 D5 - 33.33%

Huddersfield Town - P108 W44 L30 D34 - 40.74%

Plymouth Argyle - P88 W35 L29 D24 - 39.77%

Oldham Athletic - P69 W22 L27 D20 - 31.88%

Bury - P77 W19 L29 D29  - 24.67%

Sheffield United - P388 W165 L123 D100 - 42.52%

Craig Brewster

Inverness CT - P50 W17 L15 D18 - 34%

Dundee Utd - P28 W2 L15 D11 - 7.14%

John Robertson (not up to date)

Livingston - P59  W16 L29 D14 - 27.11%

Ross County - P15 W6 L4 D5 - 40%

Hearts - P35 W13 L13 D9 - 37.14%

Inverness CT - P84 W44 L27 D13 - 53.66%

Also in favour of Warnock he's apparently turned down the opportunity to manage a fair few clubs whilst at Notts Co. and Sheff Utd.

Voted Warnock not because i like the thought of him being the new boss, but because i dont like to see players or managers return to a club that they have been with in the past.

It seldom seems to work out second time around.

Voted Warnock not because i like the thought of him being the new boss, but because i dont like to see players or managers return to a club that they have been with in the past.

Rangers FC & Walter Smith might dispute that....  :024:

Rangers FC & Walter Smith might dispute that....  :024:

Give that time. His bubble will burts. I promise you, the championship is not coming back to Ibrox this year.

owen coyle is a yes man no guts, goes along with what management want, no good to us, craig brewster, left for what some say bigger and better things, wouldnt we all, but if he can do the job and we know he can, our boys respect him, he can play, i feel he is the best man for the job, but who ever listens to me, i also believe charlie christie left because of his love and respect for the team, he wants what is best for us he is a good, honest, loyal man and this should be rewarded with a place in the management of the team, brewster took us to 7place give him time again and he will take us to where we deserve to be, the top 6

I stand corrected P-I-G.  I completely forgot he was at Chester.

Was just discussing our managerial vacancy with Trinidadman (ex of this forum) and he's proposing Rocky Corbett for the post whereas I'm favouring a return to the "Fat John, Skinny John" Beaton/Docherty dream ticket.