FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Innocent Victim

Kingsmills

It looks like the major casualty of Charlie Chritie's resignation is likely to be Donald Park.

The trend these days is for incoming managers to bring their own backroom staff which means that Donald might be made redundant at an age when it might prove difficult for him to get another position in the game.

That seems to me to be great shame given the loyalty he showed to the club when he had the opportunity to team up with Robbo at Livingston much more convenient for his Edinburgh base. I would like to think that the club will give due consideration to retaining the services of this competent and respected coach in some useful capacity when the new regime is in place.

Donald might be made redundant at an age when it might prove difficult for him to get another position in the game.

DP was offered the managers position before and turned it down ..... he may not want the limelight or feel suited to the role, but he was offered the chance to be in control of his own destiny.

Having said that, I would like to think that whoever came in might find a role for him. Of the names mentioned, it doesnt seem that many (if any) would have a backroom team they would take with them so maybe DP could offer continuity and local as well as team knowledge for the new gaffer.

But Robbo  NO NO NO NO please. The circumstances of his last departure surely rule him out being a serious candidate. Even Brewster would be a better choice.

Eh? I don't recall Robbo's departure causing anything like the furore that Craigy Two-Faces' brought. The only significant differences between the two splits? Robbo didn't sound off about loyalty two months before effing off; and, in his first ever managerial post, he achieved something: he won the first division title. A little thing, I know...

Parky - well, as Scotty points out, he's been offered control of his destiny and turned it down. He's been around plenty long enough to know how these things go and, whilst not pleasant, I expect in that sort of position you've always got one eye on the door.