TSTtiger

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DonsFan

I am an Aberdeen fan and have been looking on here to see if we are offloading the OAP.

Thank god we have - might be able to get in a decent replacement (although he played well on Sunday - he is not the answer).

My comments on your recent posts:

You lot have idea's above your station I think. Warnock WILL have been way out of ICT price range and I expect he would never have taken any job you may have offered.

You have done mighty well to get into the SPL and stay there; that must continue to be a club like yours aim. If you aim too high it will end in tears.

If CB keeps you up (although Gretna may also help you out) that is success.

If any of you think you are heading for consistent top 6 football I think you may be mistaken.

Way too many ICT "fans" talking about boycott's and not going back until CB has gone.

You need to learn that managers come and managers go, players come and players go, owners come and owners go; the football club will always be there - it's the club you support!

Any of you that do boycott the football club are not real supporters.

:sillywave:

That is all.

Just listened to the 12 O'clock MFR news. There story is carefully worded. They believe Brewster will be named as manager on Monday according to a 'source'. They then go on to say his first game in charge will be against Arbroath.

It's not official but the writings on the wall

If he's our new Manager, he and his team now now have my full support and I htink we should get on with the business of roasting Dundee Utd alive tomorrow afternoon!

Agreed, its the team first..thats who we all support, the board made the decision which i'm sure will be the right one.

As for Warnock, probably too pricey and too much of a loose cannon.

Brewster has proved he is NOT a good manager.  :018: He had a good squad of players at ICT  :021: which pulled him through. His style of football was CRAP! :008:  And our fabulous board go and reemploy him - beyond belief!!!  :33:

Warnock was too knowledgeable for our top men - FULL STOP!

I think your negativity is rather tiring, Brew was NOT a bad manager for us, his style of play varied but was effective, i remember some VERY GOOD results, and dont forget its our board that fought to get us SPL football, and took the gamble on Robbo and Brew.

sorry to say but my views on this are clear - it is a ******* disgrace that he is coming back and a huge lack of respect and ambition by the board in appointing him.

They say better the devil you know, but Brewster as a manager is the devil - he has been proven to be **** and i feel we will be much worse off because of this.

Not happy - doesn't come close to describing how I feel. :33:

Can hardly wait for the press conference on Monday when Brewster will be officially revealed as the new manager - the sight of him holding a Caley scarf aloft and proclaiming this was the only club he ever really wanted to play for/manage etc, etc...

Excuse me - I think I'm going to be sick.....  :008:

I feel the board have just proven that they dont give a flyin f*ck about the fans opinion. The whole supporters meeting was a complete waste of time and showed a great deal of disrespect.

Really do believe we will be playing div1 football next season. I know we should all be positive and give him our support but finding it really hard to do that.

Warnock WILL have been way out of ICT price range and I expect he would never have taken any job you may have offered.

You have done mighty well to get into the SPL and stay there; that must continue to be a club like yours aim. If you aim too high it will end in tears.

If CB keeps you up (although Gretna may also help you out) that is success.

If any of you think you are heading for consistent top 6 football I think you may be mistaken.

Way too many ICT "fans" talking about boycott's and not going back until CB has gone.

You need to learn that managers come and managers go, players come and players go, owners come and owners go; the football club will always be there - it's the club you support!

Any of you that do boycott the football club are not real supporters.

I would tend to agree with you Dons Fan - even if reluctantly.

If Warnock was our manager then ICT would just be a short-term plaything until he got himself a 'real' job in the English Premiership or Championship.

Might be going against the drift of this message board but I for one would welcome Brewster back. He is less likely now to jump ship after one season - and personally I do not have the stomach for another managerial change come next June!!

"Better the devil you know" might be one way of looking at it although I tend to see Brew as an honest, decent guy. Some may not forgive him for quitting last time but I don't think he would have left for any club other than United. He now comes having learned some hard experiences which should make him a better manager. I would expect him to be fully committed to ICT this time around. He will also do something to improve the fitness level of the team which would be no bad thing!!

Conspiracy theory perhaps, but what are the bets that the club banded about names like Maurice Malpas, Billy Stark and Ian McAll so that when they actually named Brewster we'd all be like, "phew I'm happy with that"

Brewster isn't the best and he isn't the worst. He did an excellent job in the months he was here, but his record at Utd was the worst since Terry Wogans 'floral dance'. So which is the true reflection of his managerial skills? We will have to wait and see!

Steve Paterson would have been my first choice, hopefully we'll see him back at the club in some capacity (director of football perhaps?) in the future. I was disapointed that his name wasn't even mentioned in the Courier or the Snooze - McAll, Malpas and Stark were - but not the most successful manager in the clubs history. Shocking.

I'll reserve judgment for the time being, the onus is now on Brewster to prove that he is the man for the job and that the success he achieved here before wasn't just a flash in the pan.

Not over the moon, but the board have made the decision based on much more information than the fans have. I will continue to give my support to ICT and all this talk of boycotts etc is quite frankly churlish. What the feck do we fans really know about hiring managers for a football team. I believe that a lot of fans are having their vision clouded by the United saga and can't see the reality. We did ok under Brewster and this time round should be no different. All this rubbish about us playing poorly under him is not actual fact, some folk have lost the plot and would be better suited to supporting the old firm.  This may take aweek or two to get off and running, difficult games on the horizon, I say give the guy a break, he is not in the door officially yet and already the long knives are out.

If people choose to stop going to ICT games there is always Dingwall, go and spout your tripe at them.

Get behind the team or take your support elsewhere

I know why the board are going to appoint brew,

The board are having talks with brew to build his confidence, make him spend money and time away from aberdeen during the week in the hope of getting a job with us...then...at the last second...they appoint Warnock and give brew the two fingers  :rotflmao: :sillywave:

Excuse me - I think I'm going to be sick.....  :008:

You and me both!

Of course I'll continue to give my support and backing to the team, there was never any doubt of that.  However, it doesn't mean I have to be happy about who's in the dugout.  In my opinion, and also in the opinions of a lot of other people, it's a backward step to reappoint Brewster, especially given the position we're in at the moment.  As I said on another thread, we need an actual manager (as opposed to a fitness coach), someone whose previous experience shows that he can definitely do the job in this sort of situation.  I have serious doubts about whether Brewster is that man; he's got a **** of a lot to prove.

I'm with you 100% tm4tj.

HOWEVER.....I'm a fan of CB and am hoping that he's learned a bit from his wee break from us....

1.  No more long, boring, hopeless punts up and down the pitch. Boring, unspiring football, makes us look cr@p.

2.  Keep himself in the dugout, not playin' on the pitch.  No matter what.

3.  For the love of pete, do not wait until the last ten minutes of the game to make subs, too frustrating for words.

If The Brew doesn't heed my wisdom (and his previous tactics bugged the nipple-ends off other fans too), I'll personally boot him out of the dug-out and do the job myself.  He has been warned!

Other than that - all the best to you Brew and welcome back!    :021:

LET'S GO!!

Guest neksor

Will he be signing as Player/Manager?

When he played and managed the club, his  football management style was "Boot it up the park"!

We do need to be a little more sophisticated! I do hope he has learned from his mistakes.

I am not convinced that he is the best on offer however Warnock would be too costly and Coyle's release and compensation could prove to be complicated and costly.

I am sure that the fans will support him and give him a chance. He has a lot to prove.

Donald Park appears to have great coaching skills and it is important that he is given his space in the new setup!

Neksor