BREWSTER IS CONFIRMED NEW BOSS

TSTtiger

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - looks to be more or less all done & dusted.... I sincerely hope our support won't give Brewster a hard time when he is back at the helm...

Personally I feel Savage, Bennett and the board have given themselves a **** of a lot to answer for with this appointment....  :024:

Seems like it was pretty obvious when Brewster was seen leaving the Marriot last night grinning from ear to ear....

Perhaps the board will be good enough to tell us how many were interviewed for the vacant manager's position?

Our board have NEVER let us down on a big decision before. For that reason I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

You are right Yngwie it just may take me a while to get there. Feels a bit like I've been kicked in the nuts at the moment (if you'll pardon my French!)

Bennet MUST have great faith in Brewster as if he's got this one wrong he'll have to go as well  :024:

The team will have my full support too, as ever.

That isn't the issue for me though. It's the way the board has seemingly strung us along with their 'listen to the fans' bullshit, and ignored the wishes of those who pay their money week after week to follow OUR team.

I've nothing against Brewster at all,, and certainly don't hold anything against him for events in the past. I just don't think he's a very good manager that's all!

And I think the board have missed the opportunity to bring in someone who could give us a fresh start, and with no previous connections to the club, something I think is needed at this time.

This stinks of an old pals act. The safest, least ambitious option.

If he's our new Manager, he and his team now now have my full support and I htink we should get on with the business of roasting Dundee Utd alive tomorrow afternoon!

Agreed, its the team first..thats who we all support, the board made the decision which i'm sure will be the right one.

As for Warnock, probably too pricey and too much of a loose cannon.

If MFR are right and it is Brewster, then lets give him a chance weather for or against him, ranting wont change a thing and if he does manage to get us on a winning run then I'm sure we will all soon forget the criticism very quickly.

As we are so soon into the new season though i am surprised that more time has not been given to getting the right man in, but who knows Brew might turn out to be the right man.

Personally i think its a little bit to easy an appointment.

If he's our new Manager, he and his team now now have my full support and I htink we should get on with the business of roasting Dundee Utd alive tomorrow afternoon!

Agreed, its the team first..thats who we all support, the board made the decision which i'm sure will be the right one.

Brewster has proved he is NOT a good manager.  :018: He had a good squad of players at ICT  :021: which pulled him through. His style of football was CRAP! :008:  And our fabulous board go and reemploy him - beyond belief!!!  :33:

Warnock was too knowledgeable for our top men - FULL STOP!

The team will have my full support too, as ever.

That isn't the issue for me though. It's the way the board has seemingly strung us along with their 'listen to the fans' bullshit, and ignored the wishes of those who pay their money week after week to follow OUR team.

I've nothing against Brewster at all,, and certainly don't hold anything against him for events in the past. I just don't think he's a very good manager that's all!

And I think the board have missed the opportunity to bring in someone who could give us a fresh start, and with no previous connections to the club, something I think is needed at this time.

This stinks of an old pals act. The safest, least ambitious option.

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: precisely what I was thinking.

He could well have been our price league unfortunately we are never really going to know are we.

The board took a bold risk with the signing of the highest profile player in our history a few weeks ago and now this.

Seems like 1 step forward - 2 steps back  :029:

Meet the New Boss! Same as the old Boss!

All hail to Craig! Prove everyone wrong!

eh...slightly disappointed he coudn't make the game tomorrow though. Bottle job? Imagine if we were scheduled to play Aberdeen, then!

Lets wait until we hear officially from the club!!!  If it is Bewster then lets get behind him and give him and the lads all the support we can... i tell you one thing... the fitness of the boys will be a lot more evident and they will compete for the full 90mins, something which hasnt happened this year yet... there was a HUGE decrease in their fitness once brewster left... does anyone know if the fitness coach (cant remember his name) is still at UTD??

Guest TheSmiddy

If this is true may I be the first to congratulate the board for their complete and utter lack of ambition. :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

[eh...slightly disappointed he coudn't make the game tomorrow though. Bottle job? Imagine if we were scheduled to play Aberdeen, then!

Dons manager Jimmy Calderwood has told the 40-year-old forward he will be involved at Easter Road against Hibernian tomorrow even if he secures a return to the Highlanders following his meeting today.

Nice guy Mr Brewster who was loving everything at ICT and playing down speculation about him moving on because he wanted to show loyalty for the opportunity they gave him and then a few days later jumped ship and apparently regrets ever having done it and who would (according to Grassa) walk across the Firth to get back to ICT also seems to now be Nice Guy Mr Brewster who doesn't want to let Aberdeen down tomorrow by signing on the line with ICT until after they play Hibs (for that I read "no burning my bridges).

Helluva long sentence that, but in short, my point is....If he is so into coming to ICT why not accept the job now?  Why help the opposition try and secure further points before making the move?  He has a lot of "making up" to do with the fans and already he appears to be getting off on the wrong foot.  He tried the same when he left us, offering to stay in charge for a game or two before moving...is he really that arrogant, or just plain stupid?