Marius Niculae

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Judging from the reports of the last two weeks it would appear that my deliberate "flooding" of reverse psychology in combination with the arrival of Mr. Brewster appears to be beginning to pay dividends.

So - are my painstaking efforts really beginning to be fruitful ?

051607.reverse_psychology.gif

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Translation.

Oops, I?ve suddenly realised I may have been a bit hasty in taking such a negative stance.

Thinks: What happens when MN wins his fitness and cultural game of catch up?

IHE, I think you were correct in many of your observations, but I don't think your psychotic psychological approach to the issue has had anything to do with the improvements.

Best you keep at it though as I may be wrong - it's happened before  :015:

Translation.

Oops, I?ve suddenly realised I may have been a bit hasty in taking such a negative stance.

Thinks: What happens when MN wins his fitness and cultural game of catch up?

I stand by everything I said. Playing Marius has upset the system and lost us points. I have also clearly stated that I would be the first to applaud and extol if he did improve. This post, as usual, has a sarcastic opening but I was trying to gauge others views on the Messiah. I aint seen him play since the Hibees game.

Many feel that he is a decent player but not in the same class as Brewster. Many still feel that he is not worth his wage. And many do not think that he is anything special. Many do not think that he should be playing when the injuries return.

To me Marius proved that he is a team player, not some high paid prima dona, he worked very hard off the ball. tracking back to midfield a lot,even right back when the pressure was on.

Once he settles into the scottish style he will prove a very good player, he kind of reminds me of a Davide Xausa with attitude.

Marius Niculae ? WHO  :024: oh yeah that's the one, overpaid for this club and unfit, only scored against Arbroath while being here, has only 20 goals in club football since 2001 for an attacker but is considered a "superstar" by many just because he has 20 something caps for his country, played part of a Uefa Cup Final and was apparently half decent on championship manager.

Still if he turns that around and becomes a success over the course of this season and starts scoring the goals he's supposedly capable off then ill be delighted to eat any humble pie and be re-quoted in May and ill say i was wrong in calling him "WHO" :003:

Before anybody thinks this is a personal attack on Marius, it is not. I don't know him and have never met him (although if he wants someone to go nessie spotting with, I love a good trip down Loch Ness :sillywave:). I'm basing this on what I've seen from his performances and stats.

I would love it if he succeed at this club and i think a harsh but fair lesson in what the fans are seeing from him is just what he may need to give his ICT career the kick up the backside it needs.

Lets be honest, We've slaughtered Rory for less. :024:

I currently don't like what I'm seeing for the wages that's been paid and as a supporter I'm entitled to have a grumble.

At last - an honest post that backs up the reasons fer its contents and has the guts to do it and even more guts to put their hands up if they are proved wrong. Still that is what happens when the combination of hysteria and blind loyalty occurs.

COME ON MARIUS - PROVE US WRONG.

The way Marius has been treated by some people is nothing short of disgraceful.  Similar to the garbage spouted about John Rankin at the start of last season.  Its not his fault he  is getting paid a large sum of money and his history certainly suggests he deserves it.  GIVE HIM A CHANCE  he is getting better match after match as his fitness improves,  creates so much and how quickly Falkirk were closing him down today suggests they saw him as the danger man.  He is a brilliant player and will only get better,  Wyness is getting praise and deservedly so,  but Marius has contributed a great deal,  ask Ian Black.      I have met Marius through work and he is a really nice bloke,  not at all arrogant and I can't imagine how he would have disrupted the squad at all.    Once he gets off the mark in the SPL there will be no stopping him.  Him and Wyness looked fantastic up front today, long may it continue!!!

The way Marius has been treated by some people is nothing short of disgraceful.  Similar to the garbage spouted about John Rankin at the start of last season.  Its not his fault he  is getting paid a large sum of money and his history certainly suggests he deserves it.  GIVE HIM A CHANCE  he is getting better match after match as his fitness improves,  creates so much and how quickly Falkirk were closing him down today suggests they saw him as the danger man.   He is a brilliant player and will only get better,  Wyness is getting praise and deservedly so,  but Marius has contributed a great deal,  ask Ian Black.      I have met Marius through work and he is a really nice bloke,  not at all arrogant and I can't imagine how he would have disrupted the squad at all.    Once he gets off the mark in the SPL there will be no stopping him.  Him and Wyness looked fantastic up front today, long may it continue!!!

Spot on :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

Don Cowie might not agree with that (above). Towards the end of the first half Niculae tried to take on both their central defenders on the edge of the penalty box... Cowie was un-marked, in space and was screaming for the ball...

I feel sorry for him... he is a talented player but his play will always be under more scrutiny than anyone else because of the money he is on...

After yesterday - there might be a case for suggesting they should all be paid around the same level... :024:

"Don Cowie might not agree with that (above). Towards the end of the first half Niculae tried to take on both their central defenders on the edge of the penalty box... Cowie was un-marked, in space and was screaming for the ball..."

He's desperate to score!! He wants off the mark so people can stop going on about why he doesn't deserve his money etc!   Remember he has his own web page,  so i'm sure he's been on here once or twice reading the comments.  I'm sure all he wants to do is impress,  its in his interests.   

I agree with you when you say everyone should deserve about the same in wages after yesterdays games,   they should all be getting so much more after that,  the best performance i've seen in 2/3 years!

once he scores next week the goals will flow for him hes got some great touches and a wicked left foot just taking time to settle in like others did before  as for the money is not the majority paid by mr savages company so the structure for all players is the same within the club

I seem to remember that a certain Craig Dargo took weeks and weeks to score his first goal for ICT, but no-one is recalling that, just going on and on about Marius!

To me, Marius is a superb player but maybe his touches are just a bit too clever for many of our players.  However, time will tell - Craig Brewster will sort this out asap, and the goals will be coming for all the strikers, especially Denzil who seems to read him well, and the midfielders too.

You can remind me of this post in future, if you want!  I can take flak!