FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Marius Niculae

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Sorry to be critical but that was one of the few headers that he won in the air - the cross ball to McBain (in yards of space) was crisp but I would expect any professional to play that ball - it was the simple and obvious one. (Most of his passing and lay-offs ares likewise - borne out of experience - an example to Black and co.) The goal game from a great Hastings cross and a great run from Wyness. Marius should have been working his erse off to get in amongst the six yard bix - was he?

If Marius worked the line like Wyness - or looked to pass AND move like Brewster - or showed the pace to lie on the last defender and get in behind - then we have got a real player. I doubt if that transformation will ever happen. He looks more and more like a faded attacking midfielder. A Barry Wilson without pace.

I have never doubted his technical ability but perhaps he is just not suited to the Scottish game. It is really beginning to worry me that we are perservering week in week out waiting for the transformation to happen and we are heading into a relegation battle if it goes pear shaped. Such is the level of hysterical support and expectation that Marius could score a couple of flukey goals against Gretna and would be hailed as a Legend.  :029:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, but, the reason we scored was that he was not greedy enough to batter the ball against the defender when cutting across the box, which displayed his technical awareness instead preferring the option to play in the left sided players.  He also set up Cowie/Wyness for the chance in the first half which curled just over.  He obviously showed unselfishness in not stealing Denzils thunder and allowing him to get on the end of the cross and make the ton.  A strike partners dream, skillful unselfish good in the air.  There is more to this game than scoring goals.

Thats not for me to decide.

I would like to see him score some goals, but if he helps others score the goals then thats ok by me.  I am not fussy who scores them, someones got to do it, it's a dirty job.  Is he worth his wages, what do you think? Would you buy someone with a CV that states X amount of International goals and pay him good money to do a midfielders job? Why not just buy a decent midfielder? He has a role to play for ICT, maker or taker, that is the enigma.  He needs some goals to get him off and running, hopefully next week, well thats what we always say.

Lets face facts, apart from Cowie, who was getting pelters after a freindly vs Clach from some on here, lots of our players have taken time to settle in. Maybe if Niculae misses a game, we will then realise his worth

Guest WynessLegend

Marius brings a touch of class to ICT. His performances have been outstanding to date. He holds the ball up well, slows the game down well, makes intelligent use of the ball and rarely puts a foot wrong.

I would like to see how he would get on as a midfielder, playing just behind a front two of Denzil and Dean for the Gretna game.

Oh please....the constant shifting of the nitpickers on to different aspects of Niculaes game every week is getting rather tedious.

Even the best strikers in the World had/have areas of their game that are weaker than others and Niculae is no different.  The important thing is that what he lacks in one area he makes up for in others, and to date I think he's doing a decent job.

He certainly has a touch of class and is very unselfish by constantly passing the ball to others who may have a good chance of scoring.

It is very disappointing that he is not scoring freely but I feel that, like a number of strikers (such as Wyness), time will show he has the ability to score many goals for ICT.

neksor

Ah, but, the reason we scored was that he was not greedy enough to batter the ball against the defender when cutting across the box, which displayed his technical awareness instead preferring the option the play in the left sided players.  He also set up Cowie/Wyness for the chance in the first half which curled just over.  He obviously showed unselfishness in not stealing Denzils thunder and allowing him to get on the end of the cross and make the ton.  A strike partners dream, skillful unselfish good in the air.  There is more to this game than scoring goals.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I agree with your team fer Gretna.  :001:  And long live hysteria.  :023:

I find all this non-constructive criticism very depressing - and the on-going debate about how much a player is paid.    Is it not the case that players with a "name" (or pedigree, or reputation, or caps, or whatever) can expect to be paid more than those who are middle-of-the-road, (and do) within every team, and Division, throughout the UK, not only in ICT? 

In every employment, someone is paid higher than another and the lower paid may grumble but.... I have worked alongside someone who was paid considerably more than me for similar work but nothing could be done about it (I tried!) and I just got on with my work, and that's what the ICT team are doing. 

No-one can say that Marius should be paid more than ??? but HE reputedly is, that was the agreement, so who are we to girn about it - give it rest, please!  Go girn about who is worth a bonus, who is not, etc.

This thread is tiresome, boring, tedious, and not worth spending more time on it.  Each time I log on, I hope for something better, but no....

I enjoy watching Marius play for ICT - he has some great touches and long may he stay, to bring some joy to ICT  - despite all those negative

"experts" on this post.

Keep on setting up the goals, Marius - that's (nearly) as good as scoring, and the goals will come, soon.

I find all this non-constructive criticism very depressing - and the on-going debate about how much a player is paid.    Is it not the case that players with a "name" (or pedigree, or reputation, or caps, or whatever) can expect to be paid more than those who are middle-of-the-road, (and do) within every team, and Division, throughout the UK, not only in ICT?

In every employment, someone is paid higher than another and the lower paid may grumble but.... I have worked alongside someone who was paid considerably more than me for similar work but nothing could be done about it (I tried!) and I just got on with my work, and that's what the ICT team are doing.

No-one can say that Marius should be paid more than ??? but HE reputedly is, that was the agreement, so who are we to girn about it - give it rest, please!  Go girn about who is worth a bonus, who is not, etc.

This thread is tiresome, boring, tedious, and not worth spending more time on it. Each time I log on, I hope for something better, but no....

I enjoy watching Marius play for ICT - he has some great touches and long may he stay, to bring some joy to ICT  - despite all those negative

"experts" on this post.

Keep on setting up the goals, Marius - that's (nearly) as good as scoring, and the goals will come, soon.

Well said , i entirely agree

give the guy a break

I hate to see anyone getting slagged off for the odd poor performance - and Niculae is undoubtedly a talented player - BUT - is there not a danger that some of our players are going to start asking themselves....

"Why should I bust a gut, week in, week out, for a third of the money that he's on..?

Guest macgint71

All I can say how may other strikers would be allowing to carry on for 10 games without a goal. I do like his style of play and I hoe he does start scoring but this could cause unrest within the dressing room. Think back to your own employment. If you worked alongside someone on 4 times your wage who wasn't doing their job as well as you were then you would get pretty miffed.

All I can say how may other strikers would be allowing to carry on for 10 games without a goal.

Wyness - 16 Appearances for ICT when he first arrived before scoring

Bayne - 12 Appearances for ICT when he first arrived before scoring

McAllister - 11 Appearances for ICT when he first arrived before scoring

Dargo - 11 Appearances for ICT when he first arrived before scoring

Niculae - 3 Appearances for ICT when he first arrived before scoring

Hope that clears up that one for you macgint71

Many thanks Caley D :021: for these figures.

I was sure that Craig Dargo had taken ages to score a goal and that confirms it!    Didn't realise the others had taken just as long to settle in.

Again, ta muchly.

I started off this thread and as far as I am concerned all my criticism has been rationalised / backed up and is constructive. I really dont care how much he is getting paid. I am simply getting more and more annoyed/frustrated that we are sacrificing a lot awaiting Marius to take off.

I have always extolled his undoubted technical ability and his "assists" - I am really not that bothered about his lack of goals - I am commenting on his lack of pace and mobility and I seriously question whether he can make it as a striker in the hustle and bustle of the SPL ( he is a typical Eastern European ) and I suspect that his previous injuries are affecting him. IMHO that has been evident from the onset.

And judging from this thread more and more people are beginning to agree with me. I would still love to end up eating humble pie becos all I care about is the club - but I really doubt that I will be tucking in.

As usual i cannot agree with this.  Football is a team game and Marius is part of the team.  Marius AND Dennis have formed a good partnership up front,  Dennis has improved hugely this season and than in part is down to forming a good partnership.  I disagree with putting Bayne on as our style of play changes from passing to hoofing.  That is not to say Bayne is a bad player,  I think he's a great hard working player but at the moment we seem to be looking to get the ball down and play which suits playing Marius and Dennis.

I am not also against playing Brewster,  I just feel that with his age he is only ever going to be more and more a bit part player and he knows that himself that is why he is giving the Marius/Dennis partnership a chance.

Also 1 final thing,  I certainly am not in a state of "hysteria" about Niculae and to keep hearing this is quite patronising to be honest with you.    I just feel its unfair to single him out constantly because of what he's getting paid.  Which I don't care what anyone says it is the only reason.  If we'd got him from Cowdenbeath we'd be raving!

Pretty good shout Sir C, playing on the deck is what we want to see, Bayne has his uses, but Denzil and or Brew is surely the ones to get the best out of Marius and vice versa.

I don't care what he gets paid either, thats what contract are for, to sort out the finer details, he has a contract, we pay up, it's up to the rest of the team to up the stakes and look for the same wages, not for Marius to lower his standards.  Yes he is not scoring at the moment, but he is part of the team that can score.  I think he will become a good scorer for ICT given the right service and less sniping.