FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Marius Niculae

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Sophia_Loren_13.jpg "Sex appeal is fifty percent what you've got and fifty percent what people think you've got."

scarlet6.jpg Ah, ca ira, ca ira, ca ira, over in France there's a revolution! Ah, ca ira ca ira, ca ira, watch what you say or you'll lose your head! Ah, ca ira, ca ira, ca ira, pass some time, see an execution! Ah, ca ira, ca ira, ca ira, une deux trois and you fall down dead! Ah ca ira, ca ira, ca ira, hear the tale of Marie Antoinette-a! Ah, ca ira, ca ira, ca ira, a bloodier sight you have never seen!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marius has to play in our system and not us into his - Brew has suused that although it was feckin obvious from the start.

Just a thought, dont know if anyone will agree? with a player like Nicolae comming in, the team will always be playing to his system i can't ever see it being different.

Having limited chances to actually watch him in the flesh its hard to give an opinion, but i think we should have expected more from him, especially in the goal scoring department.

Firstly - Thanks to my good friend SP and to the fair lady from Whitebridge - I suspect the thread needed a piece of light relief and has considerably abetted my mission.

D.Macca -  We have tried playing our system around Marius and it clearly hasnt worked - but we were playing him like the individual from the video clips - he aint that any more. So play him to his PRESENT strengths and our strengths. Play him on the last defender instead of looking to balls to his feet 30-40 yards from goals - Gey Wyness foraging and moving - get Cowie and Rankin and Black looking to get onto the Marius flicks.

BUT I really, really need a punchy campaign head liner:

Before I close my argument I have to prepare for the next Marius Niculae thread. I want to start off a type of "Bring Marius Back" or "I'm Backing Marius" campaign in a sort of pre Xmas revolution. I need a campaign slogan that is punchy, hits the point but has a flavour of the Xmas season incorporated in it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

And just to get you in a Christmassie Romanian mood here is summat to get ya in the mood as I recall the writings of my old friend - Marcu Beza:

I TURN my mind back a few years, and I fancy myself walking in the streets of Bucharest at the approach of Christmas. All is covered in white; the glittering flakes of snow fall incessantly. Every now and then sledges pass with a merry tinkling. In front of the shop windows people gather, wondering at the many beautiful things displayed there. Conspicuous among the crowds by their dress are the newly arrived peasants, come to make their purchases. There is everywhere a hasty, unusual bustle, which gradually diminishes as the night draws near, though it is kept up and prolonged a good while after nightfall in the cafes. Now the snow flashes here and there under the lights?steady street-lights and wandering lights of the sleighs. Detached tunes of gipsy music linger in the air. At the quieter corners one catches, as in sleep, a subdued little dissyllabic cry; and on looking round, there is the chestnut-roaster with his lamp and his purple-red fire, which conveys such a pleasant, warm feeling.

Is that a question or a campaign slogan ?  :023:

I am afraid that I will have to deem its content inappropriate - fer fecks sake folks - I am being highly supportive and positive in regard to Marius and I feel isolated and alone.

Christmassie slogans ONLY please.

Well - that is a distinct improvement but I may have an outsider favourite - I have just received an e-mail from a poster calling themselves Mediabucuresti. His slogan does appeal to me but I just get this twinge that there may be summat amiss with it. Anyway I will look at it more carefully and post it on his/her behalf later.

I suggest that it may require summat eyecatching to beat it as the slogan is evidently of an Eastern European origin - it is brief and punchy - it includes the name, it clearly requests some progress, it includes a Christmassie content and it exudes positivity - but summat aint right.  :024:

Anyway I will post it later but can I ask you all to bang in yer offerings as I intend to sign off this thread - having accomplished my main objective - and start a new positive campaign thread by 22.00 hours on Monday 19th November.

As fer using "Wot a load of feckin shyte" as a campaign header.  :018:

:dancing01: :dancing01: :drinking09: :party01: :party02:

My mission is completed - now to tie up the loose ends.

I have a shortlist of three for the campaign slogan - May I request yer votes:

Tin Can - "Support for the Romanian Reindeer by the Marius Merry Men"

Yngwie (abridged) - "Marius can carrius into 2008 and beyond"

Media Bucuresti - "Marius Niculae - Get Yerself Playing and Scoring by Yuletide".

What is going on ?  :024: Is there anybody on here who can tell me more about Romanian language, folklore and traditions ?

I have just had an e-mail from a poster calling themselves St Ignatius. He says that Mediabucuresti is "Labagiu", that his slogan is derrogatory and "Nu face nici cit o b??in?" and his message to me is "Ma cac pe ochii tai" !!

He then goes on to say that he is going to cut me up like a stuffed pig - "Let's eat the pig" - on 20/12/2007 if I use the slogan and he is going to use my "coaie" as walnuts and feed them to the "colindatori" on "Nosterea Domnului Isus" as they stand on the doorstep and sing:

"To-night, great night,

White flowers!

The great night of Christmas,

White flowers!"

HELP - What have I done ?  :crazy07:

Johnboy--did you know you have a much greater appeal when you are amusing than when you are overly critical and girny? No?

Well you do now!!

IHE if you get any more amusing we will have to walk down the aisle together arm in arm and when we get to the altar and the ministerial ref asks us what we want we both reply in unison...... Marius please  :rotflmao:

It's O.K. Johnboy maybe that's just a tad too subtle fer yese......eh?  :console:

This is slightly embarrasing as it would appear that the master of the wind up has been well and truly wound up.  :029:

I have just received an email from yet another unknown poster called StevicosPA to inform me that the slogan thought to derive from Eastern Europe would be viewed as derrogatory if you focussed in on the Capital letters of the content - and I have to leave it to you all to look at the slogan in that respect.

My phone and e-mails have been practically non-stop today but I have to confirm that entries close at 18.00 hours and I wil then sit down with Terry Wogan and Simon Cowell to make a final decision.

Well - it is "Marius will carrius into 2008" that has won in a feckin landslide. Time for me to put up the shutters on this thread and move on. My initial comments were wholly serious in nature but the Hibees game and the amount of other threads slagging off the likes of Rory, Fraser etc. got on my goat and I decided that Marius would get the longest thread - but Richie feckin Hart made that one **** of a quest - but I got there in the end.  :001: