FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Marius Niculae

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

dont really see why all the fuss about how much the guy gets paid. why should we really give a sheite. were gettin great value for money since orion are picking up the majority of the the cost and i'd be quite happy if a few more internationalists were signed on a similar basis and of similar quality. the unqualified inaccurate nitpicking of every aspect of his game after every game is getting pretty tedious but whatever floats your boats eh.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The money does matter. Regardless of where the cash comes from, we endangered the team spirit by paying him significantly more than the rest of the squad, and are therefore perfectly entitled to expect him to show that he's worth it. Surely we all expected something a bit special from the guy?

We've had players at the club over the years who were worth breaking the wage structure to keep - Dods and Dargo being the most recent examples - but we didn't.

I for one can't help but think about the money when i'm watching him.

If you base your expectation on the money players are being played then I take it you never expect ICT to win a game because our opponents are on larger salaries?

Also, I'm not saying that money doesn't matter...of course it does, but when it comes down to it there are 11 guys out there on the pitch and I don't base my support for them on the wages they are earning.  They all get the same support, and they all get judged on a level playing field in terms of performance after the 90 minutes.

If Niculae and Wyness perform equally well then they get judged the same.  Wyness doesn't get 8/10 and Niculae only 6/10 just because he's on a larger wage...that would be preposterous, IMO, but it seems like that's how many are judging him.

Guest TinCanFan

This topic seems to be going round in circles and is becoming pretty tedious.  IMO Niculae is a great team player and not the prima-dona some said he would be.  When I see ICT play I care not a jot what each player is getting paid, it has nothing to do with me but some people seem to be making it more of an issue than it is.  He may not be the next Pele or Maradona but he's definately a player worth having.

I have been one of Niculae's biggest defender on here and will continue to be.  For me he was pretty rubbish on Saturday.  But in saying that his performances have justified him staying in the team and should still be in the team again on Saturday.  He should have had 2 goals on Saturday,  the 1st one he was unlucky the boy cleared it off the line but the 2nd with the header at the start of the 2nd he should have scored.

But as I keep on saying Wyness and Niculae is working!!!

Wyness hasn't suddenly become a great SPL striker on his own.  before the start of the season I was thinking time up for Wyness because he hadn't done a thing in the SPL.  Now he is playing with someone he's clicked with up front, so the fans want Bayne back in so we can hoof it up to him.  Not a critisim of Bayne as I still think he's a really good player.

Finally about the money,  if it was such a big upheaval financially for the club he wouldn't be here.

We can obviously afford it so everyone shut up about it!!

Hurray for Sir C the 3rd!  Well said!  I am totally fed up with all the comments re salaries - lets concentrate on how well Denzil is now playing with a partner he has confidence in - who feeds him the ball, who reads the game, who has the insight to win the ball. and look before he plays the ball - not like some other ICT players seem to do. lots of the time.

This site has illustrated how much the fans have hated the long balls hoofed up the park, to no avail.  If Caff comes back into the team, plus Bayne, we will be back to that - oh no!  Please no!    I remember the last game against Hibs and every time the ball came to Caff, he hoofed it up the park and, of course, Rob Jones dealt with it.  We don't want to revert to that style of play, please.

Guest Calum-Red-an-Blue

But if I remember right didnt Dargo have the same problem with scoring when he first arrived up here and look how well he eventually did :021:I think all it will take is for him to string together a couple of games where he scores and hey presto the confidence will be flowing. Maybe even a goal at ibrox could be enough to get the ball rolling :003:

But if I remember right didnt Dargo have the same problem with scoring when he first arrived up here and look how well he eventually did :021:I think all it will take is for him to string together a couple of games where he scores and hey presto the confidence will be flowing. Maybe even a goal at ibrox could be enough to get the ball rolling :003:

wasnt one of dargos first or first at ibrox  :024: :024: marius its your turn

Having read so much about Marius and so many different points of view I will have the chance to watch him for the first time on Saturday against the 'Gers on Setanta. Obviously, realistically, one would have expected him to hit the net by now especially against some of the ''minnows'' but before someone replies to me telling me I should'nt voice any opinion never having seen him play, cardboard cut - out supporter etc. I  shall be watching him very carefully and will forward my unbiased opinion after the game. Note that I refrained from mentioning his salary!

Well, he came on after 78 minutes and did this

83:17

Shot by Marius Niculae (Inverness CT) left-footed from left side of penalty area (12 yards), save (caught) by Jamie Langfield (Aberdeen).

87:45

Shot by Marius Niculae (Inverness CT) drilled left-footed from left channel (25 yards), missed right. Goal kick taken long by Jamie Langfield (Aberdeen).

90:00 (0:23)

Header by Marius Niculae (Inverness CT) from centre of penalty area (6 yards), save (caught) by Jamie Langfield (Aberdeen).

or so the BBC web site said anyway.

After the game he handed his wage packet to johnboy to distribute amongst the fans............allegedly :023:

Given his lack of pace, fitness and mobility I suspect that Marius and Brew may have discovered that a late substitution away from home is the perfect role for the Messiah - looks like he made a feckin Messiah of three late chances though.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

On the positive side it looks like Brew has finally sussed him and Bayne will spearhead at Castle Greyskull.  :001:

He has been slightly effective there before.  :018: Lets face it - we cant go out and play the beautiful game in the Huns back garden. Saturday will be all about committment and grit and REAL pace on the break. The "hoof" may be required due to the pressure and I would far rather the mobile Zebidee Bayne chasing the lost causes than Brian the Romanian Snail.

He has been slightly effective there before.  :018: Lets face it - we cant go out and play the beautiful game in the Huns back garden. Saturday will be all about committment and grit and REAL pace on the break. The "hoof" may be required due to the pressure and I would far rather the mobile Zebidee Bayne chasing the lost causes than Brian the Romanian Snail.

I was actually referring to Cowie and co.

I haven't made it to many games this season but from what I've seen Niculae is doing well.  He had a decent game against Celtic, as decent as you can get if you lose 5-0.  Wyness' return to form has coincided with him being paired up front with Niculae.

There's only one hysteric on this thread.  Nurse!  :004:

I was just watching some of the highlights of the season so far on youtube and Niculae has shown some canny touches - the two assists against Falkirk especially.  I do think that we should have tried to ease him into the season, considering he hardly played last season and had no pre-season to speak of.

Who remembers a couple of seasons ago, we went to Ibrox at this time of year with a misfiring striker after a disappointing midweek defeat?  End result a well deserved point and a humdinger of a goal for aforementioned striker  :023: