FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Marius Niculae

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feck me - we are on page 3 - maybe Marius is beginning to make the grade - he will soon be on the same level as Rory, Richie and Mike.  :023:

And how the feck is he being hounded out !! For once people are saying what they actually think - its a feckin forum - people are backing up their comments.  :029:

There is evidently still a split decision - only time will tell. I fer one have concentrated mainly on my impressions and I have conceded that he may be a better player at home than away and that I feel that he is improving and has a lot of positives - I still dont think he should start away from home. Or is that a savage hounding - are Eastern Europeans a protected species.

And I would finally suggest that if Marius reads this then he is professional enuff to take it in or ignore it - he has probably been here at other clubs before - he can let his performances on the pitch speak for him and the only way that he would lose confidence is by not playing up to his own standard and not by quotes on a forum.

However younger players such as Rory and Fraser may well not have the maturity and professionalism to do so - and many of the comments were short and derisory - some have been slapped on the wrist for daring to criticise Marius. 

On 23rd September I wrote:

?What happens when MN wins his fitness and cultural game of catch up??

Today Alan Savage is quoted in The Inverness Courier thus:

"Marius has to adjust to the Scottish way of playing and even by his own admission he is not quite 100% fit.?

Hey Mr PP, bet you never realised how close I am to Mr S!

CD, try the X Factor thread on 30th September!

You know what they say about imitation.

Mee, may I paraphrase and suggest: ?He?s not the Messiah he?s a very naughty boy?

If you have chronologically usurped me with TLOB quote you have won the speedboat.

"They say I'm a drunk, but I'm sober half the time"

Looking at the latest few comments, theres a few choice words i could use to describe ya  :sillywave:

I thought this was a Marius Niculae thread  :024:

If that quote by Savage is true (haven't read the local bog roll yet) then IF Marius isn't 100% fit and he recognises it, Then why the **** is he playing over players who are fit  :029: FFS :32:

Well - my reading of that is that Mr Savage is suggesting , as have I, that Marius may never be 100% fit given the catalogue of injuries he has sustained in the past. The Scottish way of playing may be too fast and competitive for his liking - I suppose that is a cultural issue. If he isnt 100% fit now what the feck was he when he was started against Motherwell and Midden ?? - Decisions like that, as I have said, cost us points.

How feckin long do you give a professional footballer to get fit ?  :rolleyes02:

I would say that Sophia is very close to Mr Savage - talks the same boring corporate defensive crap anyway.  :024:

4,000 pounds a week ,huh?  Hmmmmmm!

Let's see--thats about  $416,000 Canadian  per year --yeah that will be about 80% of the average cost of a 3 bedroom house in Vancouver, British Columbia, Western Canada.

So that means that after two or three years in the SPL he can retire to La La Land.

See you soon Marius. Have your yacht ready at False Creek  Marina .

Er--I wonder what that will work out to in dollars per goal: Well, let's see-------- :024:

Wait a goddam feckin minute - Eureka.

If Marius gets paid ?4000 a week then he played three games last week - lets give him a grand a game and a grand fer training. But he only played 2/3rd of the Killie game - so we could deduct ?333.33 from that wage - and then we could give it to Richie Hart to pay his fine.  :023:

Heard Marius is not training at the moment ? Whats the craic ?

Johndo - you and I are going to fall out, one of these days, and it could be soon!    I think Marius is going to prove you very wrong - Dargo, Wyness, etc all took their time to score goals.  Marius has assisted in several of the goals recently (listen to tapes of the commentaries on radio and tv) and his positioning is often spot-on, so he doesn't need to run around like a headless chicken. 

I can remember saying a few times that ICT were wrong to sign Dargo and then he started to bang in the goals and all was forgiven.

I'm hopeful that, in the near future, the same is going to come true for our dishy Romanian and, in the meantime, GIVE IT A REST!  Pick on someone else for a change.  Negativity is not an attractive tract for footie fan.

Sorry Eliza - I forgot to follow the rules:

Rory McAllister is a waste of space and should be booted out.

Mike Fraser is not up to scratch and should be dropped now.

Richie Hart is an absolute disgrace and should never wear the jersey again.

There - that is more acceptable.  :001:

But Eliza - read my posts - are they not a mix of criticism and hope - concentrating on the positives and the negatives - blaming the selection and the system as much as the player ? I have seen Marius play in five games this season - I base my comments on watching him. Of course his positioning and touch are good but a good striker passes and moves. Perhaps once he is fit we may see the real deal.

But he isnt training is he ?

Same fare again - some great lay -offs - some good passes - a couple of silky twists/turns - but no pace; no penetrating movement; little running off the ball; NO GOALS - hooked AGAIN.

If I was playing with him I would be sorely cheesed off. How much longer do we have to feckin suffer.

bit disappointed today. some great play again which led to our goal but was expecting at least 8 goals and should have stopped both dons goals, caught my pie when i dropped it on the way to my seat and got the traffic moving a bit quicker on the way out the car park. 6/ 10

Same fare again - some great lay -offs - some good passes - a couple of silky twists/turns - but no pace; no penetrating movement; little running off the ball; NO GOALS - hooked AGAIN.

It really pains me to say this, but I'm starting to think you are right about Marius. Beautiful footballer to watch with a fantastic touch, but it all amounted to very little.

I really, really hope he can up his game as he's a player I love to watch, but many more ineffectual performances like today's and he may find he starts on the bench for a bit. That's the 4th time I've seen him play and it was the least impressed I've been with him.

Not having a go at Marius here, as more than any other player we have I want him to do well, but he needs to put some more effort into his performances.

Innefectual

He was the one who spread the ball wide using strength in the air, technique and vision, firstly heading it wide for Cowie, then when the ball landed back with him he cut across the edge of the box and and laid it off for McBain to feed Hastings to cross for Denzils ton, excellent goal.  Now then, if he can add goals to his own tidy play then we will have some player.