FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The What Are You Listening To? Thread

RiG

This is better.... with very tasteful pics/video! Dixie Chicks

Love the Chicks. Feisty gals. But much prefer the song I posted 3d-tourne.gif

They are actually on record as saying they are ashamed of the fact that former US President George Bush comes from their state of Texas.

That was more than enough to endear them to me.

:(

Still prefer the Cowboy song though....

Well done Glen Mhor, he is a new one on me but well worth a listen.........thats not a band by the way, great tune.

I'll go for a bit of John Mayall, with his bluesbreakers of course

cheers

I was listening to The Queen Is Dead by the Smiths last night, whilst playing darts, when my wife pointed out that I've been doing exactly that for 20 years now!

First time I ever played darts in Inverness was at the 'no conservatives' Bught. During practice, for the first and only time, I hit two 180s in a row and no-one would play me after that. Had they played me then they'd have see me hit 26 almost every other shot :lol:

Edited by starchief

They [Dixie Chicks] are actually on record as saying they are ashamed of the fact that former US President George Bush comes from their state of Texas.

John, that's what Not Ready To Make Nice is about: the fallout from their comments about Bush. To say they were pilloried is putting it mildly; they were blacklisted from many, many US radio-stations; there were public burnings of their CDs; they received death-threats etc. And they wouldn't apologise for what they said. It's a very powerful song.

John, that's what Not Ready To Make Nice is about: the fallout from their comments about Bush. To say they were pilloried is putting it mildly; they were blacklisted from many, many US radio-stations; there were public burnings of their CDs; they received death-threats etc. And they wouldn't apologise for what they said. It's a very powerful song.

You're probably not old enough to remember the late John Lennon saying on a US TV channel, that the Beatles were bigger and more successful than God....

He got pretty much the same reaction - especially in the bible belt states!

You're probably not old enough to remember the late John Lennon saying on a US TV channel, that the Beatles were bigger and more successful than God....

Was it not Jesus who JL claimed the Beatles were bigger than?

Was it not Jesus who JL claimed the Beatles were bigger than?

You're right!

I knew it was one of these two.....

Paolo Nutini's version of Time To Pretend by MGMT.

Wanted to edit this cos the YouTube link is broken (deleted due to 'terms of use violation') but there's not an option to edit days later (?) so I'll just have to post another active link, and say again:

The best cover of any song by anyone, ever:

viannen_89.gif

Perfection.

Wanted to edit this cos the YouTube link is broken (deleted due to 'terms of use violation') but there's not an option to edit days later (?) so I'll just have to post another active link, and say again:

The best cover of any song by anyone, ever:

viannen_89.gif

Perfection.

I think its a great song when MGMT sing it, but even better when Paolo does.

Im listening to Christy Moore - Viva Le Quita Brigada.

Agree completely about the MGMT song JC_gimmefive.gif

I like Christy Moore.... where's your links to these songs?? I meant to check out that Oasis one you mentioned, but forgot dans-bouteille.gif

Agree completely about the MGMT song JC_gimmefive.gif

I like Christy Moore.... where's your links to these songs?? I meant to check out that Oasis one you mentioned, but forgot dans-bouteille.gif

Im using my Itunes but i will post a few up in a minute :021:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IyvshOYelU - Viva Le Quita Brigada - Christy Moore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueCLFolZPBQ - Little by Little - Oasis

- The Wrestler - Bruce Springsteen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1vvUec71v8 - Last Night - The Strokes

- London Girl - The Pogues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0xrL_TtxEo - Whole Child Ago - Biffy Clyro

- Open your Window - Reverend and the Makers

- Money - Pink Floyd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohEkwknA-ss - These Streets - Paolo Nutini

I can't find a normal Version of I hope, I think, I know. Only covers.