FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ovcerseas Fans once again excluded from the Scotland Versus Italy match

Scarlet Pimple

Yes, folks, Although Hampden Park will be full to the brim and no doubt every T.V. set between Vancouver and Rome will be brimming with goggle-eyed fans we poor overseas punters will be languishing in misery without even an online audio broadcast.

Money rules . :008:

Looks like I will have to bite the bullet, join the Rangers Supporters Club in Vancouver , rush downtown  on a two hour rain-soaked car journey to their favourite Setanta local Pub and stand outside, looking in through the windows at the milling mob inside, trying to catch a glimpse of James McFadden in full flight.

Not a chance!

I will,telephone every local pub here in town to see if there is one with a TV tuned to this match. However, it is a very long shot.

Thinks, maybe not if I try Little Italy on Commercial Drive, Vancouver, or the Italian Cultural Centre- and hope and pray that they have heard of Setanta.-I could slip in with a Caley Thistle blue  shirt on and hope that most of the clients  are so blotto that they won't notice the logo  :003:

If not , it's the ICT chat room for me, nothing else for it.

Sigh--what are you going to do, all the rest of you expatriates in Canada, U.S. of A., South America, Australia , China, and all points East of here .? :confused01:

TLN is The Latino Network I think--serie A Italian soccer in Italian but the website is in English.

Setanta is not showing the Scotland V Italy match.But they are showing the Norway v Turkey match--believe it.

TSN is not showing this match.( The Canadian Sports Network) who are showing Nascar racing all day apparently.

The digital channels available here are not supplied by Shaw Cable which is the principal distributor of TV etc in Vancouver  unless you pay a lot extra. Setanta Sports  can be supplied by Shaw cable as an extra  provided I sign up @ $15 per month and pay $55 to buy the box. Probably the same in Toronto ...eh?

So, moving on, link by link, I have found    www.jalipo.com  which is video in different bandwidths from 250kb (poorish) up to 1,000kb (good) and you buy credits in $5  for 1 hour. The higher the bandwidth the more money you pay but NOT excessively... well worth it.This looks like a good deal .I have run the preview and it seems to be as good as I have seen in the past.No Stuttering, stops etc. I am going for it Scotty and i HAVE SENT YOU THE LINK BY EMAIL.

Thank you very much for your input.

To other overseas posters :-- this service is NOT available in U.K., Ireland, China,Puerto Rica and the U.S. A.. Maybe Setanta has sewn all the rights up or something.

I am not sure of the media rights for this particular game and therefore will not remove the above links.

SP - One thing I have heard about the TV for this championship is that Setanta supposedly dont have the rights to Scotland's home games .... I am sure I watched Scotland V France on Setanta but could be mistaken but that might explain one of your questions.

I am going to stick with TLN rather than any internet sites I have never previously encountered - who knows, i may even learn the Italian for "Scotland qualify for Euro 2008"  :004: :004:

would that wee link i sent not do scotty?

if it does you could pass it round as you know the folk in most need...

Possibly maimie, but of course I couldnt possibly post it here as it is most definitely dodgy ....... must go and check my PMs  :004:

would that wee link i sent not do scotty?

if it does you could pass it round as you know the folk in most need...

Possibly maimie, but of course I couldnt possibly post it here as it is most definitely dodgy ....... must go and check my PMs  :004:

would hate for some of you to miss out...

going to be a fantastic day no matter what!!

:dancing03: :dancing03: :party01: :party01:

My spys have told me what they think your link is, Maimie--if it is the one L-F it is very dodgy indeed.--they link you to numerous other sites who are supposed to allow you to run the videos.  But a year ago I could not find one single site which actually did!

I am sticking with www.jalipo.com--kinda classy looking site, good  video, thorough Q & A sets, modestly priced @ $3 per hour for 1000kbs high bandwidth and easy to access but you do need Broadband.

And you do not have to download anything--just ensure you have enough credits to cover , say, 2 hours then press click and you are off.

A further report to follow after the gemme.

Thanks to all--I have noted down these lionks and will follow up later.

6 p.m. here in Western Canada--only 15 hours to go and my stomach is already tightening with excitement LOL. I keep the knee tremblers for other sporting activities though.. :016: :rotflmao:

Report as promised :-

www.jalipo.com :---

Good video with excellent close-ups.

The sound is a bit light but quite adequate.

I had four dropped feeds ranging from 30 seconds to 3 minutes each and that irritated me no end since one occurred right when there was an exciting incident in the goalmouth--Fraser had an excellent save but I missed the next few incidents.

However, all round , taking into account that this is a Beta programme (I think this means in this case that it is a new service which  stilll on trial)I was well pleased with the overall cost to me being about $5 for two hours and I don't think you can beat that.

I enjoyed the match but the camera showed a close-up of the Hutton foul at the end of the match just before Italy scored and it was ludicrous to award it to the Italian. Maybe a stot-up would have been fair but NEVER decision in f/o the Italian team.    :33: