FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Michael Frasers save

tm4tj

To be fair, Brown did make a terrific save from Niculae, Ike did let one through his legs which had to be scraped from the line by McGuire, and the offside 'goal' was definitely NOT offside.

BUT - that save was as good a save as i've seen in a long time :clapping03:, and Proctor was seriously unlucky to be sent off :33: :018:.

In balance i feel we deserved the points this arvo.  Well done boys.  And keep up the good work..........................

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the offside 'goal' was definitely NOT offside.

not sure I agree - looked on the footage I saw that he was about half a yard offside - very tight decision at least and arguable either way.

Proctor was seriously unlucky to be sent off :33: :018:.

bollocks !!! Proctor had to walk for that one. He was last man by a mile and although not a spectacular foul, it was a foul which denied a clear goalscoring opportunity and there is only one thing the ref can do in that situation and that is to red card him. I doubt he will get much of a hard time about it from CB or the fans as he basically sacrificed himself to save a goal.

bollocks !!! Proctor had to walk for that one. He was last man by a mile and although not a spectacular foul, it was a foul which denied a clear goalscoring opportunity and there is only one thing the ref can do in that situation and that is to red card him.

Hmmmmm............

I know where you're coming from, but i'm not sure how much contact there actually was! 

McDonald was extremely clever in how he got his body across his man granted, but he did go down very easily IMO.  There were a dozen more obvious examples of 'little' fouls not given across the pitch today.  And I still maintain that one was touch and go........... 

There were a dozen more obvious examples of 'little' fouls not given across the pitch today.  And I still maintain that one was touch and go........... 

I know where you are coming from too .... and I can think of a few where you are correct .... but the ref had no choice with Proctor..... the surprising thing is why Pressley didnt get any action taken against him ... if the ref felt a penalty was merited, then a card should have followed there too.

the surprising thing is why Pressley didnt get any action taken against him ... if the ref felt a penalty s merited, then a card should have followed there too

Yep - very good point!  Agree wholeheartedly.  Pressley should definitely have gone too if consistency was in the vicinity!

But we should agree to disagree on the Proctor issue though, coz i'm still of the opinion that McDonald was just a wee smidge away from a big fat dive.

I will agree though, that once the ref decided to award something it was a no-brainer, and the man had to go.  I just disagree with the decision.  I may change my mind once i have a good look at the highlights, but my gut feeling remains!

Fraser was great today and has been since half time in the league cup game against Aberdeen.  I think he was told in no uncertain terms during the break in that game try any nonsense again and your out the door.  Now that he's quit trying to take defenders on etc he has become very good,  today was another example of that and the save was fantastic.

Well done Mikey!!  :clapping03:

I have to say that when the ref reached for his pocket at the Proctor incident I thought it was McDonald being booked for the dive, but that was me seeing it from the other end of the ground.  On the replay their was definite contact and enough to warrant the foul....regardless of the Pressley sham, the right decision was that Proctor had to walk.

I would have expected any of our players to have attempted the challenge in that situation and at least he had the presence of mind to get the challenge in outside the area.  I guess it' was what you would call a "professional" foul and as tough as it is on the lad his actions played an important part in securing us 3 points today.....nothing at all for him to be ashamed of.

It's there in glorious technicolour on the back page of the P&J too

getEdFrontImage.aspx?ImageID=413133

Never mind Ike's mantlepiece, it's one for blowing up big style for the TCS foyer, look at the perfect line up of the players all facing the camera, and what looks like a wee touch of the highland sun setting away over the Firth.

This one and the one of Blackie turning the two tims outside in are sublime.

Guest WynessLegend

Yes, well done Michael, a good performance and the last four games should do his confidence the world of good.

I'd also like to say well done to Mark Brown - it can be difficult coming back to a club where you've enjoyed a very happy and successful period and it was good to see him applaud the home support when he came out for the second half.

Yes, well done Michael, a good performance and the last four games should do his confidence the world of good.

I'd also like to say well done to Mark Brown - it can be difficult coming back to a club where you've enjoyed a very happy and successful period and it was good to see him applaud the home support when he came out for the second half.

aye and broonie pulled off a pretty spectacular first half save himself. glad he got the good reception he deserved. shame he wont get the same of the tim support. some of them annoyed at how he was giving hi 5's to the ict boys at the end and are calling him a hun :017: idiots

Sadly I think Broonies days are numbered at Parkhead. He has been consistently mediocre for them in the chances he's had in the first team, and I wouldn't be surprised if they sign another keeper in January.

I agree, and there are rumours Borac is leaving, so Mark had the opportunity to have the no. 1 shirt, but I feel he hasn't taken it.

Jim would have cleared it with his ankles............he would have been sat on the crossbar at the time.

There are some fantastic photos in the press regarding this save.  What a flier Mike gets, tremendous action save, and the place for this is inside the stadium foyer blown up to the size of the actual goals, now that would be impressive.

Sadly I think Broonies days are numbered at Parkhead. He has been consistently mediocre for them in the chances he's had in the first team,

Aye for Celtic, but what about for us? Do you reckon he's good enough to be Ike's no. 2 ? :024: Could certainly learn a thing or two from Ike :blah01:

Brilliant Fraser but lets see him keep it up, but his turn around in form has been amazing. 3 clean sheets in his last 4, and the game he didnt keep one in was against Celtic, the champions and into last 16 of European cup, and we won the game anyway, and he pulls off a stunning save like that.

Broonie seemed to make a stunning save almost every game though, so lets see Ikey keep it up. But wow well done!  :clapping03: :clapping03:

:clapping03: And handling on crosses  :clapping03: No doubt on who was the better keeper yesterday!