FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

No New Signings Planned For January

RiG

"I don't have real pace in my side, but there are no particular names I have been looking at."

That's a strange comment to leave an interview on... suggests he is looking for someone with pace, if (as IHE says) you read between the lines

Think Paatelainen could be an instant replacement for Rankin in the hole behind Niculae

I'm not too surprised to be honest, but I would like to hope that if we aren't bringing anyone else in then some of the cash that might have been available is being used to shore up contracts with the guys we want to hold on to in the longer term.

new signings.............McGuire

new players..............Wyness just back from injury

new players..............Patti just back from injury and looking the part

new players..............Watt, just back from injury, maybe even a new signing, but as he has not been seen.....

We can achieve what we yearn with the players at our disposal, do we need new players, maybe not, what we don't want to happen is to lose players other than the likely transfer of Rankin, or maybe not....

confused.com

Strip out the headline and journalist's padding. What Brew is saying is that we have a good squad performing well and don't need to change much, hence we are "not desperate" to make signings.

But make signings we will.

new players..............Watt, just back from injury, maybe even a new signing, but as he has not been seen.....

We can achieve what we yearn with the players at our disposal, do we need new players, maybe not, what we don't want to happen is to lose players other than the likely transfer of Rankin, or maybe not....

confused.com

watts away back to swansea :023:

Watts wrong with him? Not pacy enough for Brew?

WATTS didn't get much of a chance to show us that he is a POWERhouse with ELECTRIC pace then? :014:

Probably also didn't fit in with ICT's NUCLEAR family ?    Eh..?  Not even good enough for the SUB station ? :001:

When a pal of mine asked Brew what he thought of Watt, Brew said "Watt thinks he's better than he actually is".

Don't know how that information can further the story behind his departure, but from that I can gather Brew didn't think much of his attitude. Maybe going to Chelsea when so young will do that to you?

Just checking on BBC website and it says Luton are starting to get rid of players due to the administrators coming in and accepting reasonable bids for players.

It's the sort of situation that should get clubs interested in getting players for less money than normal.  Shame ICT probably don't have any money to spend as im sure there are a few players who would be good in the SPL.

After the liverpool - luton game that Talbot boy looked superb.

Just a thought and probably highly unlikely!!! :024: