FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ian Black

Bronson

Nobody contemplating the fact that Blackie might have been severely out of order and has to be punished for his actions?

In any line of work a manager has to tackle indiscipline from his employees otherwise you end up with even more problems than there already are.

You think dropping him from tomorrow's squad was the only way Brewster could have dealt with this..?

An opinion was asked for, what do we expect, i am aware of blackies temper and flying of the handle but why, ask how he is feeling, what is wrong with him and then take the hump yourself, team work is about listening to one another and accepting the criticism as well as the positives and lets face it blackie knows what he is talking about, why do we keep dragging up his past, i suppose it is better than discussing brews past, has any one read the sun what a joke, he rules with an iron rod, maybee, but its not working and to save his f---ing ego he has dropped blackie, why not fine him, make him play, anything rather than add to the possibility of us loosing big time on Saturday.

Ive also heard no one is speaking to him, bad crack that, and very childish, but just what i expected.

An opinion was asked for, what do we expect, i am aware of blackies temper and flying of the handle but why, ask how he is feeling, what is wrong with him and then take the hump yourself, team work is about listening to one another and accepting the criticism as well as the positives and lets face it blackie knows what he is talking about, why do we keep dragging up his past, i suppose it is better than discussing brews past, has any one read the sun what a joke, he rules with an iron rod, maybee, but its not working and to save his f---ing ego he has dropped blackie, why not fine him, make him play, anything rather than add to the possibility of us loosing big time on Saturday.

Ive also heard no one is speaking to him, bad crack that, and very childish, but just what i expected.

for the last 9 posts i did think you were a player but not now ...... :015:

I had it figured with his second post, Elder Boy....

I had it figured with his second post, Elder Boy....

bit quick to judge johnboy.......  :blah01: :blah01:

This must go with his comments on the official site about all pulling togther.  I did like his comment that the club was built on the work ethic and togetherness and we must get that back.  Why has it stopped Mr Brewster?  Whos fault is it?

If this is a pride thing with Brew, he only has to look at the other dugout on Saturday to see what infantile management can do!

If we win, Aberdeen are going to lose out big time by not making the top six.  The reason??

JC took the huff with his keeper in the close season and dropped him, only accepted his mistake when his team was at the bottom(ish) of the league.  When he reinstated him, his keeper was now a Scottish cap prospect in his opinion!!  EH!!

If they do not make the top six it will be a big management mistake.

BREW BE AWARE - BE VERY AWARE!!!

We will not make the top six but if we are humilated by a team as crap as Aberdeen, due to mis-management, it will do none of us any favours.

Well said Yngwie...I would of put him in the 19s when he threw the shirt to the ground

Would he of done that at Hibs or Aberdeen...Think not

Fans dream to play in the shirt

You the player live our dream

Respect our dream

To be honest none of us really have any idea about what has actually happened. All we have to go on is rumour and speculation. For all we know Blackie could have deserved it. Maybe Brewster is being an arse. Maybe both of them need a slap. The only thing that is certain is that our prospects of winning tomorrow are harmed. Regardless of who was at fault it might affect the rest of the team knowing the manager and a team-mate have had some kind of a Barney.

With a bit of luck it may unite the team, BUT will it unite them against Brewster  :024:

A sensible post James and one that could be valid in any one of a number of threads right now.

In most cases we don't know the full story ....

In most cases what we hear comes from one side only ....

However the sheer quantity of stories/rumours leaking out of the stadium right now and what seems to be a consistency or pattern of treatment of senior players is very worrying indeed. They can't all be troublemakers and something has to give soon.

As has been said already, nobody knows what has gone on so none of us should be casting stones one way or the other. Too often people get very blinkered by admiration and loyalty.

We know Ian Black has a bit of a temper and can act irrationally when things dont go his way. We also know that Craig Brewster doesn't suffer indiscipline and can also seem to act irrationally at times.

In most area's of employment there will be one or two who make a point of trying to rock the boat and hope to get the majority to go along with them.

Cast your minds back to a time when there was rumour of unrest in the dressing room and Charlie Christie told the players he had had enough and was leaving. He was then persuaded to stay and performances improved. Did the players realise at that time that they had gone too far?

I, for one, am not prepared to form opinion based on rumour and 'I can assure you's' from people who are not prepared to elaborate and consolidate their evidence and I dont think others should either.

Nobody contemplating the fact that Blackie might have been severely out of order and has to be punished for his actions?

In any line of work a manager has to tackle indiscipline from his employees otherwise you end up with even more problems than there already are.

I agree with that to an extent, but if you choose to have "clear the air" talks then you have to be prepared to take anything and everything that is thrown at you and move on from there in order to fix it, not punish people for speaking out in whatever way they feel necessary.

Had Black been the only player spitting the dummy of late then perhaps you could pin it all on his short fuse, but we've got guys who normally wouldn't say boo to a goose going off the deep end....in short, there's only so much people can take and should be expected to take.

What defies belief for me is that we're not seeing any positive action to rectify the matter and those in a position to take that action seem to spend the time shifting the blame around ar standing with their hands in the air proclaiming that they don't know what's wrong.

To be honest, I'm sick fed up of the finger pointing and beyond giving a toss about who is to blame.  As far as I am concerned the whole situation is out of hand and has been for a while now and when that happens then the buck stops with the man at the very top, it is his job to get it all sorted out and if that means casualties in the playing and/or managerial staff then so be it, so long as it is for the right reasons and it brings us back on track.

We know Ian Black has a bit of a temper and can act irrationally when things dont go his way. We also know that Craig Brewster doesn't suffer indiscipline and can also seem to act irrationally at times.

That's probably the nub of the problem, Alex...

But why punish (and weaken) the whole team by dropping him for tomorrow..?

feck feck feck!!!

We seem to be hitting self distruct  :019:

If the players and management have any passion for the club they should be fighting together instead of against each other.

It REALLY pi55es me off to hear stories like this.

What has changed since Brew and Niculae were voted best in December, surely it can't be down to Rankin leaving.

Well said Yngwie...I would of put him in the 19s when he threw the shirt to the ground

Respect our dream

I agree with that Doresboy.  He treated the fans with contempt that day with his shirt throwing antics - and not for the first time too.

Respect our dream

I agree with that Doresboy.  He treated the fans with contempt that day with his shirt throwing antics - and not for the first time too.

Personally I'd rather a shirt throwing strop over a Roy Mcbain stroll off the park without a care in the world any day of the week. At least Black has some spirit  :021:

Just been confirmed on STV news...

Black has been axed from the squad for the Aberdeen game after a row with Brewster....

Brewster has said the matter is being dealt with internally... Whatever the f... that means... :020: :020: :020:

squads on mains page and blacks in it :023:

Guest maggotgreen

I could'nt help a wee smile to myself when I heard Ian Black's name being chanted in the North Stand during the game. I'd just sen him in the Heathmount before we got on the bus.

Seems like a case of unrequited love, maybe time to say bye,bye to the serial Dummy Spitter, grossly overated imo anyway.

Black was at the game, he was sitting in front of me with I assume his brother, they looked like Frodo and Bilbo baggins  :003:.

Did notice though that when we scored he just sat there, wasn't even clapping !  :024:

Black was at the game, he was sitting in front of me with I assume his brother, they looked like Frodo and Bilbo baggins  :003:.

Did notice though that when we scored he just sat there, wasn't even clapping !  :024:

Yes, I saw him going in, looking far from happy.

No-one is bigger than the club.

Blackie and his brother at the game, my daughter says she will date either of the baggins twins, as for thinking he is bigger than the club, this i feel is not the case he is sticking to what believes is true, amazing how we change from moment to moment. By the way has anyone noticed the amount of work and bookings and red cards the REST of the team got when he wasn't on the park, tells us something doesn't it.  Tried to find out more about the pub before the game, nothing yet, but wouldn't you take your family out after travelling that far, i would, says a lot for them travelling that distance knowing he wouldn't be playing, not sure if they were there to support him or the club but either way shows they are united unlike the team at the moment.

but wouldn't you take your family out after travelling that far, i would, says a lot for them travelling that distance knowing he wouldn't be playing, not sure if they were there to support him or the club but either way shows they are united unlike the team at the moment.
hes probably staying the night and gonig to barrys do