FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Where would we be had things been different

Alex MacLeod

Had David Sutherland stayed as Chairman, CC still in the saddle, no Niculae, where would we be now? Fighting relegation or top six? Personally I think we'd be in the top half.

I think the biggest mistake this club made was bringing in Savage. All the problems started then. CC and Parky would have done a good job and the harmony of the dressing room would have been the envy of all other teams. Rightly niether of them were going to bow to interferance from the boardroom and things went to ratchit.

Brew may, or may not, be here for long but I think the demise of Savage will see a return to the ethos that this club was founded on and Brew will reap the accolades.

Brew may, or may not, be here for long but I think the demise of Savage will see a return to the ethos that this club was founded on and Brew will reap the accolades.

I would agree with that if Sutherland was to return as chairman.....

But he isn't...

Guest WynessLegend

Tell you what, if we hadn't ditched CC when we did our support

would be drowned out at our next home game by the victorious Gretna

fans chorus of "Thank fcuk for Caley!"

This site truly is hilarious.

Care in the community gone badly wrong.

if we hadn't ditched CC when we did our support

fans chorus of "Thank **** for Caley!"

We did not "ditch" Charlie Christie, he resigned because of the undue pressure placed on him by certain people, and because of non-stop sniping comments like this.

Had he stayed, who knows what would have happened.  It's my guess that we might not be as far down the table as we are now, but unless someone can access some kind of parallel universe where everything worked out differently we'll never find out now.

The bad run under CC wasn't nearly as bad as the run we're having/have had (hopefully the latter) under Brew. When we were losing under CC, I still thought we were playing good football and were having a run of luck going against us rather than us doing anything wrong. I certainly wasn't going to matches and wanting to walk out after fifteen minutes, as I have done with recent away games.

Tell you what, if we hadn't ditched CC when we did our support

fans chorus of "Thank **** for Caley!"

This site truly is hilarious.

Care in the community gone badly wrong.

Once Brew takes us to 3rd, almost 2nd in league then you can compare them.  If you think losing 3 games, 2 narrowly with fight and spirit is worth the demise of a manager then what you made of Brewsters run of 11 shocking performances and lack of fight god only knows.

To be fair there wasn't really  bad run under CC. We lost 3 games at start of season because he was forced to adapt to an alien system to accomodate a player he probably didn't want. Niculae's wage meant there wasn't money to provide the badly needed replacement for Dods. Of course a lot of people were blinkered by the super signing and couldn't see what was really going on.

Guest WynessLegend

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You people actually, truly believe that!

They should do a Channel 5 documentary on you.

To be fair there wasn't really  bad run under CC. We lost 3 games at start of season because he was forced to adapt to an alien system to accomodate a player he probably didn't want. Niculae's wage meant there wasn't money to provide the badly needed replacement for Dods. Of course a lot of people were blinkered by the super signing and couldn't see what was really going on.

CC had 7 months to replace Dods!

To be fair there wasn't really  bad run under CC. We lost 3 games at start of season because he was forced to adapt to an alien system to accomodate a player he probably didn't want. Niculae's wage meant there wasn't money to provide the badly needed replacement for Dods. Of course a lot of people were blinkered by the super signing and couldn't see what was really going on.

CC stated in early 2007 that he was going to give Caff a chance to make the position his own. The short sightness of this cannot be blamed on the signing of Niculae.

CC wanted to resign in early 2007 TWICE - Niculae was not to blame personally. We have played spells of "good" football and spells of "terrible" future under both.

We have to sort out the running of this club first and foremost - I dont like debating "What if /" - But " What if we had a club management restructure at the beginning of this season and operated a "proper" search for manager/coach etc. ?"

Here is hoping that is finally on its way.  :018: