FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Cowie staying?

Joonya

Yes, he is also talented at playing football but does not play professionally.

Don has three brothers all three were at Ross County. All of them have Highland Amateur Cup medals, and the second oldest has starred in several giant killing Scottish Cup wins for Spartans and Preston. The three brothers all gave up football to continue in other careers and all three could have made it as footballers.

My wee brother goes to Culloden and his PE teacher is indeed Chipper's younger brother.

Chipper doesn't have a younger brother nor does he have a brother that is a PE teacher.

I'm pretty sure he's playing for the mighty Dingwall Thistle now. He scored from the halfway line against Cromarty FC :rotflmao:

Ryan occasionally plays for Dingwall Thistle, which is a shame as he is a better player than the level they are at currently.

Who would he support? Ict or county?

The whole family are Ross County fans. However all of them are supportive of Don and all support Caley as well while Don is at the club.

Where do you lot get your information from - half of it is a load of rubbish. How about stick to the football!

I couldn't have told you how many brothers he has or what their names are. All I knew was he has a brother that plays for Dingwall Thistle and he scored an absolute screamer against us in June.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leeds are likely to make a bid for him in January and we'll have to accept there offer or lose him for nothing come the summer.

Why wasn't he signed on a 3 year deal!!

If he'd signed on a 3-year and then turned out to be a lemon there'd be all hell let loose about that too; besides which, despite his cousin/best mate/favourite tree on here giving us full disclosure do we actually know whether he was prepared to sign a longer contract? His dad comes across as a wise gent and he has an agent I guess? Either of them, or Chip himself, may have reckoned rightly that two years was enough time to raise his stock. Given our apparent lack of bottle or nous in transfer negotiations, it's not impossible...

Edited by 4ize

Leeds are likely to make a bid for him in January and we'll have to accept there offer or lose him for nothing come the summer.

Why wasn't he signed on a 3 year deal!!

Why would Leeds want him? And if they did would he want to play for them? They're wallowing in div 1 and really struggling with debt.

If this is the case, I think we should possibly start looking for a replacement now. As some have said, Cowie's both a talented and ambitious lad, and we rarely manage to keep thos kind of players for long.

Leeds will be able to offer far superior wages than our own (not sure if they are still there, but Alan Thompson and Tore Andre Flo both played for Leeds last season, you can imagine the type of wages these guys command.)

I feel that the ICT Cowies will always move on, we need the money to balance the books BUT I hope the club are able to maximise the return we get for them.

We also seem to have overcome the loss of the talented players and are playing as a team and getting the results(Oh, I know it is early days yet!)

We will always have a problem holding onto class, long term, due to our wage structure, geographic location and a degree of apathy re support. The lack of atmosphere must be seen by other clubs when they visit and be remarked on within the fooball fraternity, making a move here more of a challenge to any player who requires a degree of encouragement when on the park.(or indeed if reading this site offerings)

We will attract the Barrowmans, Rooneys etc, hopefully moving on up and showcasing themselves in the SPL but we will always struggle to recruit, other than that.

I would still have liked however, a signed defender from DUFC, at say 11.45pm last night!

Unfortunately we are a selling club. Although the pervious year we got no money for our best players. But i suppose this is what happens to SPL clubs in our state. You have a highly capable player, sooner or later he gets snapped up by the old firm or a team down south.

Dods, Dargo and Brown did it (although we got a fee for Brown only). Rankin did it, and so did Niculae and Bayne. I think it's past the old days where we brought 2 or 3 in a year and 3 or 4 went out and the heart of the squad was kept as intact as possible. I don't think Caley Thistle quite realise yet that were past that stage the longer we remain an SPL team. I think realistically if we carry on loosing players the rate we have the last year or so we realistically need 5 players at the minimum...but i do know thats hard for us financially and we are beginning to produce some top youth players.

Oh how i wish an Oil tycoon from the middle east could give us 32.5 million to spend. :rotflmao:

Edited by ajsict92

Yes, he is also talented at playing football but does not play professionally.

Don has three brothers all three were at Ross County. All of them have Highland Amateur Cup medals, and the second oldest has starred in several giant killing Scottish Cup wins for Spartans and Preston. The three brothers all gave up football to continue in other careers and all three could have made it as footballers.

My wee brother goes to Culloden and his PE teacher is indeed Chipper's younger brother.

Chipper doesn't have a younger brother nor does he have a brother that is a PE teacher.

I'm pretty sure he's playing for the mighty Dingwall Thistle now. He scored from the halfway line against Cromarty FC :rotflmao:

Ryan occasionally plays for Dingwall Thistle, which is a shame as he is a better player than the level they are at currently.

Who would he support? Ict or county?

The whole family are Ross County fans. However all of them are supportive of Don and all support Caley as well while Don is at the club.

cowie dose have a brother.

he was a teacher at culloden academy!

he was my tutor teacher but hr left!

I wouldn't blame the lad for going if he gets the oportunity to play in front of almost 30,000 fans for four or five times his current salary.

If he's determined to go at the end of the season then we should try to cash in on him in January. In the meantime the club should be making every realistic effort to try to get him to extend his contract.

The whole point of being a selling club is to sell your players....not give them away for nothing or next to nothing.

The club need to start looking a bit further forward than they have been up till now and start thinking about players contracts 18 months or more before they are due to expire.

Then, and only then, will we start to reap the full benefits of being a "selling club".

I wouldn't blame the lad for going if he gets the oportunity to play in front of almost 30,000 fans for four or five times his current salary.

If he's determined to go at the end of the season then we should try to cash in on him in January. In the meantime the club should be making every realistic effort to try to get him to extend his contract.

I as we all are am fully aware the club has to live within its means, surely though if we are ever to move on to the next level i.e. top 6,we have to build our team around the likes of Don.If this means paying him more than our current wage structure then so be it. If we lose Don and Ian Black who is also out of contract next summer it will be a dissaster for our club .I seem to recall Russel was given a 3 year deal last season so it can be done .

Havent seen him say anywhere that he actually wants to go ?

However, I do agree that we should make sure we try to do everything we can to secure him and others who could/should be the spine of our team for years to come to sign on the dotted line. Sadly, it wont work for all players - and I see Black and Cowie as potentials in this category - as they may well be snapped up by clubs who can offer more, but if we can offer decent length contracts (happy to see some recent signings have had 3 year deals), with decent wages, some may not seek a move so easily or if they do, we might just get some decent recompense.

i think brew and the board need to make it a priority NOW to sign cowie on a new contract, give him the money he wants coz frankly he deserves it. the main thing is getting him signed on a longer deal....the worse that can happen after that is someone else comes in for him and pays good money for him. i know for a fact that all footballers want to go as high as possible as they can in football. if cowie keeps up his form from last season then i'm sorry to say he won't be at the club for much longer unfortunately, no matter how much love he has for his home.

i think brew and the board need to make it a priority NOW to sign cowie on a new contract, give him the money he wants coz frankly he deserves it. the main thing is getting him signed on a longer deal....the worse that can happen after that is someone else comes in for him and pays good money for him. i know for a fact that all footballers want to go as high as possible as they can in football. if cowie keeps up his form from last season then i'm sorry to say he won't be at the club for much longer unfortunately, no matter how much love he has for his home.

Totally agree. Cowie is a key player in the team...although if we give him the wage he wants im sure Russell Duncan will be up in arms about his contract :rotflmao: .