FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Online highlights

Libero

ive been trying to view the highlights of our win over the sheep on the BBC website at home but for some reason i keep getting the message : 'Cannot play media. Sorry, this media is not available in your territory.'

i dont quite understand this as i reside in inverness and have never before had a problem accessing highlights.

anyone have any suggestions on a remedy?

Your IP address earlier today was a 3G / Mobile one - they either dont recognise it or may block it. Your IP now is what I assume is work based and you should be OK, unless work block it.

In any event, the only thing to do is to complain to tech support and hope they add the IP as a UK one !!! The BBC are extremely good at blocking coverage to countries / IP ranges and I have yet to find a reliable way around their technology.

Your IP address earlier today was a 3G / Mobile one - they either dont recognise it or may block it. Your IP now is what I assume is work based and you should be OK, unless work block it.

In any event, the only thing to do is to complain to tech support and hope they add the IP as a UK one !!! The BBC are extremely good at blocking coverage to countries / IP ranges and I have yet to find a reliable way around their technology.

cheers scotty, work block streaming media! :rotflmao:

BBC seem to have an 'opt-in' policy with regards to IP addresses. They seem to add the main IP addresses from the big providers but there are whole ranges of IPs out there they dont recognise --- do a google search and you will find hundreds if not thousands of similar complaints.

I guess they are going on the principle that the smaller providers, or bigger providers who add new IP ranges for things like 3G or mobile internet will contact them to be added rather than devoting their own time, people and money to finding every possible legitimate UK IP address. For once, I think they are approaching it the right way so as I mentioned before, complain to them, and to your ISP and hopefully the BBC will add it.

As frustrating as it is for me in my situation, I have to take my hat off to the BBC for the efficiency of their IP blocking. I have tried, tried, and tried various technical methods of bypassing their controls but short of dialling into a UK provider from overseas nothing seems to work. Roll on the day where I can legitimately subscribe to be able to see and/or hear coverage of ICT games on the Internet.