FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Coventry want Dargoals!

Mee

In the rumour mill cos Ive only seen it in the Sunday Mail

DARGO TARGET FOR COVENTRY

COVENTRY are poised to make a £100,000 bid for Inverness Caley's striker Craig Dargo after being impressed by his 20-goal tally for Thistle this season.

Just read that 1 minute ago, not good for us, would imagine they will be able to pay a pretty big wage as well, just have to wait and see what happens.

I've not seen any of this in the local rag down here, but you can be certain that if he plays for Coventry City, I'd get a CCFC season ticket just to boo him for leaving. LoL.

Coventry were after Richard Hastings a few year back. That never went through as he headed up the road to county

Guest Benchy

In the current footballing climate, ICT will be extremely lucky to get £100k for Dargo I'm afraid.

He could be worth £100,000 to us, just by scoring a few goals to achieve a better league position.

He has just had the best season of his career in Inverness and he is enjoying his football. Why leave (unless the money is too much to refuse).

He might get offered better terms with us, and there's always the chance we might be in Europe next season too! He'd obviously be better off staying!

Still no mention of this in the local rag down here folks....mind you, we are talking about the Coventry Evening Telegraph here, which isn't the quickest of papers with news in these parts.

Nah! I don't think so--Because when Cyril was rumbled he really got upset and huffy and departed the field in a hurry :027: and you have to admit that Benchy is pretty calm and takes it all in his stride. Has to, D.U. are a hard team to support these days. :011:

• 3 weeks later...

And, as an afterthought, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush--i.e. if Dargo wants to go that badly, why...let the lad go and be happy with $100,000 because that' s still a n awfulk lot of money and ICT have good prospects in the wings don't they? :014: