FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

v Arbroath

Guest birdog

Can I just add a wee "well done" to the Abroath team, they must be devastated to come so close to an SPL scalp.

And just to say also, SORT IT FECKING OUT BREW. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSEE.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we made it, but no way it should have gone to Penalties and I hope Brewster has his excuses ready for underestimating Arbroath because he's going to need them I think.

I don't see how you think that he was underestimating them by putting out the team he did.

That team should have been more than capable of winning. All the players in the starting 11 are part of the first team squad and almost all have played in the SPL this season.

Because put plain and simply....we did not start the match with the strongest team available.

Guest birdog

well done!

they thought harder than they thought he would have to fight!

Either I am very drunk or you are but I cannot make head nor tail of that statement Mentalist.

Well, we made it, but no way it should have gone to Penalties and I hope Brewster has his excuses ready for underestimating Arbroath because he's going to need them I think.

I don't see how you think that he was underestimating them by putting out the team he did.

That team should have been more than capable of winning. All the players in the starting 11 are part of the first team squad and almost all have played in the SPL this season.

Because put plain and simply....we did not start the match with the strongest team available.

It was doing ok, till he put on Imrie, Barrowman and Rooney.

Which players are you saying should not have been in the starting line up?

brewster once again shows just how uncapable a manager he is! I thought this game would be perfect to give rooney and barrowman a start to work on their partnership, get an idea of how they play etc. im not saying the other two are no good and im all for giving youngsters a chance but brewster put the wrong team out tonight and hid decision making gets questionable more and more every game i.e subbing imrie for zadi on saturday. The guy hasnt got a clue!

Guest lichtie

We just didn't have enough in the end.

It's a pity because our players really knocked their collective pans in and we don't get many chances to beat an SPL side.

However, good luck in the next round.

well done!

they thought harder than they thought he would have to fight!

Either I am very drunk or you are but I cannot make head nor tail of that statement Mentalist.

It's to hard to explain!

basicaly. we Fought harder than we predictited we would of had to.

We have just had a big debate about how important cup runs are to our finances and to attract the support and then some of you support Brewster. What would have been the outcry if we had gone out ??

We should have started with the strongest X1 and took on the yoof once the job was done - the outcome is a spate of needless cards as I suspect we began to panic and that may also cost us in the future. And would this game have been the opportunity to play Barrowman and Rooney as a airing and probably enhance their understanding of each other and potentially their confidence.

It has to be a matter of underestimating them as any small team (used to be us!) would give their all to have a SPL scalp - it was their cup final fer fecks sake.

We survived and I bet it will be the strongest team next time -Brew is a very, very lucky boy- has he feckin learned anything ?

Guest lichtie

Djebi Zadi is just a total liability.

Despite this being the first time I've seen him, I have to agree with you. Good going forward, but had a tendency to fly into challenges needlessly.

We should have had a penalty 10 minutes before we got it when he flew into a challenge at the back post. It was an absolute stonewaller. Certainly a better shout than the one which was given. I have a feeling the ref may have had the previous shout on his mind when he gave it.

Guest birdog

We have just had a big debate about how important cup runs are to our finances and to attract the support and then some of you support Brewster. What would have been the outcry if we had gone out ??

We should have started with the strongest X1 and took on the yoof once the job was done - the outcome is a spate of needless cards as I suspect we began to panic and that may also cost us in the future. And would this game have been the opportunity to play Barrowman and Rooney as a airing and probably enhance their understanding of each other and potentially their confidence.

It has to be a matter of underestimating them as any small team (used to be us!) would give their all to have a SPL scalp - it was their cup final fer fecks sake.

We survived and I bet it will be the strongest team next time -Brew is a very, very lucky boy- has he feckin learned anything ?

:018: :rotflmao: :thumb04:

And would this game have been the opportunity to play Barrowman and Rooney as a airing and probably enhance their understanding of each other and potentially their confidence.

They got nearly 40 minutes against the tired legs of a part-time division 2 team.

Guest birdog

Very bloody lucky tonight. Maybe our fringe playersentire squad arent quite as good as some ppl think!

Fixed it for you. Perhaps those optimists will listen to the realists now.

Very bloody lucky tonight. Maybe our fringe playersentire squad arent quite as good as some ppl think!

Or perhaps the "optimists" will tell you that we dominated tonight and were comfartable the entire game but lost a dodgy penalty right near the end.

We were fine tonight, Vigurs played well, Wood got a goal and Esson had an easy evening.

Guest birdog

Or perhaps the "optimists" will tell you that we dominated tonight and were comfartable the entire game but lost a dodgy penalty right near the end.

We were fine tonight, Vigurs played well, Wood got a goal and Esson had an easy evening.

Was not at the match tonight but 2-2 versus a third division side is far from fine. We should be humping a third division side up and down the park with our under 19s. Sorry to point out that the glass is in fact half empty.

EDIT- And the level is getting lower all the time.

Edited by birdog

Was not at the match tonight but 2-2 versus a third division side is far from fine. We should be humping a third division side up and down the park with our under 19s. Sorry to point out that the glass is in fact half empty.

2nd Division. And no, in a one of cup game it is rare that anyone pumps anyone else, particularly away from home where one team is far more up for it than the other. By all accounts Hearts have been one of the better teams so far this season, however they went out tonight.

Guest birdog

2nd Division. And no, in a one of cup game it is rare that anyone pumps anyone else, particularly away from home where one team is far more up for it than the other. By all accounts Hearts have been one of the better teams so far this season, however they went out tonight.

Oh come on, be honest with yourself. It's results that count and we just are not cutting it at the moment and have not been for a long while, on and off the park.

Oh come on, be honest with yourself. It's results that count and we just are not cutting it at the moment and have not been for a long while, on and off the park.

We went through :rotflmao:

By whos standards are we not cutting it. We've 4 more points than we had this time last season under Christie.

in a one of cup game it is rare that anyone pumps anyone else, particularly away from home

Arbroath 2-2 Inverness CT

Ayr 0-1 Aberdeen

Brechin 0-2 Kilmarnock

Hearts 0-0 Airdrie Utd

Cowdenbeath 1-5 Dundee Utd

Dundee 1-2 Partick

Dunfermline 1-0 Alloa

Hamilton 3-1 Clyde

Hibernian 3-4 Morton

Livingston 2-1 St Johnstone

Raith 1-3 Falkirk

St Mirren 7-0 Dumbarton

A couple of pumpings in this round !!! Bottom line though, however ugly it was, we are through.

Guest birdog

We went through :rotflmao:

By whos standards are we not cutting it. We've 4 more points than we had this time last season under Christie.

Who is so deafe, or so blynde, as is hee, That wilfully will nother here nor see.

in a one of cup game it is rare that anyone pumps anyone else, particularly away from home

Ayr 0-1 Aberdeen

Brechin 0-2 Kilmarnock

Hearts 0-0 Airdrie Utd

Dundee 1-2 Partick

Dunfermline 1-0 Alloa

Hamilton 3-1 Clyde

Hibernian 3-4 Morton

Raith 1-3 Falkirk

St Mirren 7-0 Dumbarton

A couple of pumpings in this round !!! Bottom line though, however ugly it was, we are through.

Absolutely right Scotty we are through, by the skin of our teeth. Brewster has another chance but they are running out like I say he needs to sort it.

I hope to death that I am wrong and Chris123 is right and I will admit my errors if so, will you do the same Chris?

Guest Aboynamedsue

:018: :rotflmao: :thumb04:

Here here I totally agree , at the end of the day its 11 men against 11 therefor nothing should ever be taken for granted ESPECIALLY IN CUP GAMES ,

Only a few years ago WE were the Diddy team who put Celtic out of a cup !!

Ayr 0-1 Aberdeen

Brechin 0-2 Kilmarnock

Hearts 0-0 Airdrie Utd

Dundee 1-2 Partick

Dunfermline 1-0 Alloa

Hamilton 3-1 Clyde

Hibernian 3-4 Morton

Raith 1-3 Falkirk

St Mirren 7-0 Dumbarton

As I said it is rare.

Aberdeen only just scraped through against a team from the same league as Arbroath, while arguably the two biggest teams in this round crashed out, despite both playing reasonably well at this time.

And if you really want to be pedantic, St Mirren and Dundee Utd were playing sides from the third division, and both SPL sides in those games unlike ourselves put out full strength squads.

I fully expected the Brewster out brigade to have a field day with this one, but try as they might things just aren't that bad. A new centre back is all that is required to complete the team, and we all know that Brew is working on that, while we have taken 4 points from our opening SPL games, despite Christie managing none for 6 last season. For some things will never be good enough, however I have seen enough to tell me that Brewster is looking at the bigger picture and has plans to take ICT to the next level.

Edited by chris123

What IHE said will do for me. Totally bizarre idea to start experimenting with the line-up in a cup game, the day after we've blamed a 400k+ loss in part on poor cup runs last season. By any reasonable business standards Brewster should be having the riot act read him by Bennett.