FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for St. Mirren

Renegade

Fraser

Tokely Duff Hastings

Cowie McBain Black Imrie

Rooney Barrowman Wilson

Subs: Esson, Vigurs, McAllister, Djebi-Zadi, Sutherland, McGuire, Wood

Time for a good attacking formation. Fraser in goal, Tokely, Duff and Hastings at the back with McBain pushing back should he need to. Cowie right wing, Black in the middle and Imrie on the left. Up front the three strikers of Rooney, Barrowman and Wilson with Wilson and Imrie being interchangabe throughout the game. On the subs bench Ryan Esson, strikers Wood and McAllister, midfielders Vigurs and Zander as well as Djebi-Zadi and McGuire as the benched defenders.

Edited by Renegade

Fraser

Tokely Duff Hastings

Cowie McBain Black Imrie

Rooney Barrowman Wilson

i'd keep the same team that played falkirk with maybe one change, lets see if its a winning combination...to many changes after a win isn't good, consistency is what is needed in football. I do agree with the attacking football having to be played especially at home but changing the team and tatics too much week in week out doesn't produce much stability.

this is how i'd play it at home with Cowie playing off the two strikers with a more free roll

Fraser

Tokley Duff McGuire Hastings

McBain Black Vigurs

Cowie

Rooney Barrowman/Wood

yeah i would include them on the bench to begin with. no point chucking them straight back in there. munro might get a start. not sure about duncan but i think proctor will most certainly start on the bench. unfortunately its gonna be tuff for guys coming back from injury to get a start if the replacing players are doing well and possibly a better job for now. great to have them back though.

Munro, Duncan and Proctor are bck from injurie!

shouldn't we include them?

-------------Fraser--------------

--Tokely--Duff--McGuire-Hastings--

---Cowie--Black--McBain---Vigurs--

----------Rooney---Barrowman----

That's my kind of team!

:thumb04:

What on...:rotflmao:

Munro, Duncan and Proctor are bck from injurie!

shouldn't we include them?

-------------Fraser--------------

--Tokely--Duff--McGuire-Hastings--

---Cowie--Black--McBain---Vigurs--

----------Rooney---Barrowman----

That's my kind of team!

:thumb04:

What on...:rotflmao:

pardon?

You appeared to think that we should include Proctor, Duncan and Munro but then indicated a preference for a team without any of the three of them. Nothing wrong with that of course I just thought it was a bit odd.

If RD's fit I would put him straight back in the team.

My resoning being, that I would dread to be watching any game where he was required as a sub?!

I actually like RD (sometimes) and I mean no disrespect whatsoever.

reasoning.... yes that's the word

We seem to struggle against St Mirren at home for some reason, there's usually not much in this fixture so it's not the home banker that some seem to think.

A cavalier attacking formation right from the start probably isn't a good idea, the worst thing that could possibly happen would be for us to concede the first goal and allow them to set up shop and hit us on the break a la hamilton.

Individually, St Mirren have a pretty p"sh defense but they have bulk and they're tough to break down when they dig in, so I would say our emphasis ought to be on getting the ball to the wingers as Imrie, Wilson, Tokely etc have the beating of their full backs. Long balls ain't gonna hack it, we need to play to their weakness's not their strengths.

Fraser

Tokely McGuire Duff McBain

Black

Wilson (Sutherland 70) Imrie

Cowie

Rooney Barrowman

I think the Rooney - Barrowman partnership will only work if we provide quality service from wide areas, no long ball dross or lazy chips over the top to chase from Black. This mostly seems to happen after we take Bazza on, he and Tokely bring the best out of each other so why not give Bazza a run out from the start? If he tires bring on sutherland to run at the tired defenders.

i cant see brew changing the team that beat falkirk to much... especially not the midfield...the midfield just ran the show at falkirk. vigurs---mcbain---black----cowie

Think Vigurs deserves to keep his place after Falkirk, although this time I'd play him and Cowie on their preferred wings. Possibly I'd have Duncan in for McBain and Barrowman in for Wood, even though Wood did pretty well against Falkirk IMO.

Won't do Imrie any harm to start on the bench again if his reponse when he came on at Falkirk is anything to go by. We must have quite a few players desperate to stake a claim for a start now, which is encouraging.

i cant see brew changing the team that beat falkirk to much... especially not the midfield...the midfield just ran the show at falkirk. vigurs---mcbain---black----cowie

Think Vigurs deserves to keep his place after Falkirk, although this time I'd play him and Cowie on their preferred wings. Possibly I'd have Duncan in for McBain and Barrowman in for Wood, even though Wood did pretty well against Falkirk IMO.

Won't do Imrie any harm to start on the bench again if his reponse when he came on at Falkirk is anything to go by. We must have quite a few players desperate to stake a claim for a start now, which is encouraging.

yeah i completely agree, i wonder though if duncan will be fit enough to start?! i always think that the two wingers should be switching with each other throughout the game, just to mix things up a little for the opposing defenders. nothing worse than having to defend against a different person every ten minutes.