FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

JUANJO GOES MISSING IN GLASGOW

CELTIC1CALEY3

I thought it was funny (the tie in to Juanjo, not the fact that Lennon was assaulted).

I do find it hard to muster any kind of sympathy for Lennon though. Aside from the fact he's an antagonistic twat who seems to get off on winding people up....walking home alone late at night through Glasgow on the evening of an OF derby isn't exactly the brightest thing in the world to be doing.

I thought it was funny (the tie in to Juanjo, not the fact that Lennon was assaulted).

I do find it hard to muster any kind of sympathy for Lennon though. Aside from the fact he's an antagonistic **** who seems to get off on winding people up....walking home alone late at night through Glasgow on the evening of an OF derby isn't exactly the brightest thing in the world to be doing.

It wasn't the brightest thing to do no, but he doesn't deserve to get done in walking home from his local when he only lives round the corner.

I dont have a lot of sympathy for Lennon in most situations but no-one deserves to be attacked like that.

You could argue that he sometimes brings things on himself - especially on the pitch, as we have seen - but reading the BBC report, it sounds like he was enjoying a drink with friends, and when he left he was verbally abused first, then jumped from behind by two cowards, at least one of whom was a fairly big boy !!!! No-one deserves that, and whoever did it is cowardly scum.

I've no time for Lennon but have even less for those perpetrating cowardly unprovoked assaults.

My point exactly, I wonder if many people would find the linking of such cowardly attacks with a cheap joke at the victim's expense so funny if the consequences of the attack had turned out to be a lot worse. How many people are killed or permanently damaged by attacks like this every year?

I've no time for Lennon but have even less for those perpetrating cowardly unprovoked assaults.

My point exactly, I wonder if many people would find the linking of such cowardly attacks with a cheap joke at the victim's expense so funny if the consequences of the attack had turned out to be a lot worse. How many people are killed or permanently damaged by attacks like this every year?

Quite a few. But I dont think that has anything to do with the initial humourous juxtaposition.

Have a look at what YOU do find funny, birdog.

But it doesnt just happen in WeegieLand:

Five accused of attack on ex-ICT player

FOUR men and a woman appeared at Inverness Sheriff Court yesterday in connection with assaults on three men in the city centre on Sunday morning, one of them a former Caley Thistle player, now captain of Elgin City.

David Hind (26) is Elgin City's longest-serving player. He signed from Inverness Caley Thistle in 2001 and has made more than 200 appearances.

But for the appreciation of Birdog - It sure brought back lovely memories of kicking the shi* out of the Elgin on Stephens Brae. :rotflmao:

Personally i found the initial post slightly amusing. Wasnt laugh out loud wet myself material but lightened the mood of sitting at a PC at 2 in the morning.

And to be blatantly honest, yes these men were cowards, jumping him from behind and no even giving him a fair fight and outnumbering him.

But why not press charges? Perhaps it was not their 1st meeting that evening? purely rogue speculation on my part but i wouldnt be suprised.

He's been out causing trouble before and had trouble caused to him. Trouble seems to cling to him like a dirty smell. Doesnt give anyone an excuse to jump the guy despite him being a complete and utter ninny.

Might have had nothing to do with football. It is Glasgow. Anywhere at the weekend can be a touch rough.

If it was to do with football and who he is, then it just brings shame on their whole club and fan base. Im sure (well, to a point) there are many decent OF supporters out there but less face it tarnishes the lot of them and the two assailants have nothing to be proud of.

Another glorious day for Scotland and its people eh!