FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT's Forgotten Heroes

Renegade

Just for clarification, the list I added above only includes players who were part of the first team squad and either started, came on as a sub, or were unused subs in a senior game.

I know some of our younger posters (and even some of our older ones) have been involved in the playing side at ICT on some level over the years so if there are names missing and you remember them being at ICT, it is because that player never made it as far as the bench in a senior fixture. However, they may have appeared in a "non-competitive" fixture, or played as a reserve. For example, Andy McNulty is not on that list as he never made the bench in a competitive fixture and Daniel Park is not on the list either despite being listed in the first team squad for this year.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No mention of a John Calder like I was thinking for that keeper I was thinking of, but there is a Niall Calder. Don't know if he was any relation to Jim.

Niall Calder was a young midfielder around the 2001/2002 season. I can't remember him ever coming on but he was definately on the bench against Partick in early 2002. We had a few injuries and played with only three on the bench IIRC - Jim Calder, Neil MacDonald and Niall Calder. Calder was 15 at the time, I think MacDonald was 18 or so. We lost 4-1.

Calder may have gone on to play for Clach, I could be wrong though.

Going by that list then the ICT with the best goal ratio must be John MacDonald. Two appearances, one goal.

No mention of a John Calder like I was thinking for that keeper I was thinking of, but there is a Niall Calder. Don't know if he was any relation to Jim.

Niall Calder is Jim's son.

Niall Calder was a young midfielder around the 2001/2002 season. I can't remember him ever coming on but he was definately on the bench against Partick in early 2002. We had a few injuries and played with only three on the bench IIRC - Jim Calder, Neil MacDonald and Niall Calder. Calder was 15 at the time, I think MacDonald was 18 or so. We lost 4-1.

Calder may have gone on to play for Clach, I could be wrong though.

stats do show him as an unused sub once

SAT 9 FEBRUARY 2002 FIRHILL PARK, GLASGOW LEAGUE DIVISION 1

PARTICK THISTLE 4 (Hardie 11, Lennon 23, Britton 75, McLean 81)

Arthur, Kelly (Dolan 70), Archibald (Fleming 83), Craigan, Paterson, Deas, Walker (Britton 73), Lennon, McLean, Hardie, Burns

Subs ? Gow & Gibson

INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE 1 (Ritchie 85)

Walker, Tokely, McBain, Bavidge (N MacDonald 70), McCaffrey, Munro, Duncan, Wyness, Ritchie, Bagan, Robson (Stewart 26)

Subs ? Shearer, N Calder & J Calder

REFEREE ? M McCurry ATTENDANCE ? 3969 MAN OF THE MATCH ? Danny Lennon (Partick)

High flying Partick convincingly won this Scottish Cup dress rehearsal. Caley Thistle were hit by injuries and assistant manager Duncan Shearer came out of retirement to make a bench appearance. In 10 minutes a Scott McLean overhead kick was hit off the line by Roy McBain but this only delayed the opening goal by a minute. Stephen Craigan?s long throw from the right found Martin Hardie unmarked and he headed home from the six yard line. The lead was extended in 23 minutes when Alex Burns flicked on Danny Lennon?s pass along the 18 yard line, McLean dummied and Lennon lifted it over Nicky Walker. The pace slowed and the score stayed at 2-0 until 15 minutes from time when Partick substitute Gerry Britton took an Alan Archibald cross from the left and hit an angled ball high into the net. Six minutes later a Britton driving run set up McLean who blasted home number four from 12 yards. Paul Ritchie curled home a consolation goal from 16 yards with five minutes left but it was too little too late. Partick now hold a six point lead over Airdrie and Caley Thistle slip to sixth.