FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fan-tastic Caley...........

Richard_Fairbrass

I was humble & grateful today. Me, along with several other Inverness based Dundee United fans attended the Celtic game today. We wanted to clap & cheer to remember our chairman.

The Caley fans in the main stand were a credit to themsleves, their club & city.

Big cyber round of applause to everybody at the game today - THANK YOU!

I was humble & grateful today. Me, along with several other Inverness based Dundee United fans attended the Celtic game today. We wanted to clap & cheer to remember our chairman.

The Caley fans in the main stand were a credit to themsleves, their club & city.

I was just wondering will next seasons UTD V BARCA be a tribute match to him and will any profit made go to a cancer charity?. As the last 2 games where a full house and they would get a full house again , i had the pleasure of being at both of them

I was just wondering will next seasons UTD V BARCA be a tribute match to him and will any profit made go to a cancer charity?. As the last 2 games where a full house and they would get a full house again , i had the pleasure of being at both of them

I would certainly hope so, if this was the case I would attend the match. He represented what a chairman should be and when I recall the image of Mike Ashley downing a pint of non-alcoholic lager I cringe, if only George Fraser would satnd in Section G (minus todays bigotry chanting) it would be great to have a chairman like Thompson

From what I hear Eddie was respected in and out of the city of Dundee. I didn't realise how serious his illness was so it was a shock when I found out he had died. I just wonder why it was a minutes applause and not a minutes silence?

From what I hear Eddie was respected in and out of the city of Dundee. I didn't realise how serious his illness was so it was a shock when I found out he had died. I just wonder why it was a minutes applause and not a minutes silence?

A minutes applause seems to be the way these days , its so the idiots cant disrupt a minutes silence.

Eddie stipulated he didn't want a minutes silence at games. Just as he doesn't want anyone wearing black at his funeral.

Taken from the bbc website ....

Dundee United have reduced the ticket prices for Saturday's match against St Mirren to give fans the opportunity to pay tribute to Eddie Thompson.

The club chairman died last week following a battle with cancer and the Thompson family requested that ticket prices be set at ?5 for all spectators.

A minute's silence will also be held prior to kick-off. Chief executive Stephen Thompson said: "A minute's silence is the most appropriate way to mark the occasion."

I have a friend who is a big arab and who knew Eddie Thompson fairly well. He told me of some of the conversations that they had about United, E.T certainly seemed to have been a very genuine fellow.

I don't think you'll find many who have something bad to say about him.

R.I.P